The Cliché A. P. Lit Play

End of October

Cassie's POV

Once the end of lunch bell rang, the group and I headed towards our A.P. Lit classroom. I enjoyed writing and reading books so I found this to be a fun class. However I was even more excited today because Mrs. Hooper said that we are going to have a fun class today.

Once everyone was present in class, we were greeted by a huge smile on Mrs. Hooper's face and she was bouncing with excitement. I guess this is going to be a fun class then!

"Hello class! Today I have a surprise and its going to be fun. Drum roll please-", Mrs. Hooper exclaimed with excitement.

The entire class drummed on the surface of their desks.

"We're going to be acting out the play Romeo and Juliet for the next couple of classes! Aren't you guys excited????", Mrs. Hooper asked us.

She was met with groans by the guys and squeals from the girls.

"Aaron, since you have done an amazing job with our school plays over the years, I was wondering if you're interested in helping me direct this one?", she questioned Aaron.

"Sure, I would love to!", Aaron responded.

"As well as that, you will be helping me to choose the casting list", Mrs. Hooper added.

After everyone read the assigned lines to Aaron and Mrs. Hooper, they discussed the casting list and shared it with us.

"Aaron, would you like to do the honors?", Mrs. Hooper inquired.

"It would be my pleasure", Aaron replied with a smirk on his face. Oh know, this can't be good. Not to mention that he was looking at Alex and I with a grin on his face.

Aaron's POV

Before I tell you why i'm smirking, I should let you guys in on a secret. A couple of days ago, Liam, Jax and I overheard the girls talking about Cassie's crush on Alex. Once I found out that I got to choose the cast list for this play, I wanted to get Cassie to admit to Alex her feelings. What better way then to pair the lovebirds as Romeo and Juliet? I couldn't wait. However I also know that Cassie is going to completely kill me later, but it would be worth it if these two got together. The guys and I weren't very fond of Tiffany. When the girls told us about how mean she has been to Cassie over the years and when Tiffany rudely talked to us when Alex wasn't there only made us dislike her more. Anyways, back to the fun part!

Cassie's POV

"Please don't cast me as Juliet", I repeatedly murmured quietly to myself. I wasn't exactly comfortable with public speaking. I knew I would have to suck it up and get over it one day, but I hoped that today wasn't the day.

"Okay, I shall begin, for the role of-", Aaron continued to read off the list of the background characters.

"Liam will play Mercutio, Jax as Tybalt, Sophia as the Nurse and Megan as Lady Capulet. Oh and Lily, I know how you enjoy doing art and such so I was wondering if you could help out with the background designing and such?", Aaron asked Lily.

"Sure, sounds like fun!", Lily said.

"Great! Now, who will be playing the lovely Romeo and Juliet? None other than your classmates, Alex and Cassie!", Aaron beamed with a smirk towards the both of us.

"Crap, crap, seriously why did Aaron have to do this!". I was cursing Aaron mentally the minute he said that.

"So that's the list and as Mrs. Hooper said, we will be working on this play for the next couple of classes. For now, everyone read Act I Scene I for next class and memorize the lines". Any questions? " Aaron asked.

I raised my hand up in the air and asked him, "I don't think I would play a good Juliet. Maybe I can play a minor role instead...", I begged Aaron.

Before he responded, Mrs. Hooper immediately interjected.

"Me and Aaron discussed thoroughly about the cast list and we believe that everyone has been placed appropriately. Besides, I'm sure you will make an excellent Juliet, Cassie!" Mrs. Hooper assured me.

"Fine", I softly replied.

"Great, so class dismissed!", Mrs. Hooper said as the bell rang.

As everyone left the classroom, Mrs. Hooper called me over to her desk.

"Yes Mrs. Hooper?", I politely asked my teacher.

"I hope you understand my decision. If we switched you with someone else, then we would have to change around our entire casting list and we need to get started immediately", Mrs. Hooper kindly told me.

"Don't worry, i'll be fine Mrs. Hooper", I replied.

"Great, see you next class Cassandra", Mrs. Hooper said.

Alex's POV

The second I saw the grin on Aaron's face, I knew this would not end well. He was clearly up to something. Once I discovered that he put me and Cassie in the roles as Romeo and Juliet, I was just as hesitant as Cassie was. I knew that I would have to kiss Cassie. I wasn't scared about the kiss so much as the kiss possibly messing up our friendship. Ever since Cassie came to greet my family and I to the neighborhood in 6th grade, I had a little crush on her. Once we entered high school, my feelings only got more jumbled but I pushed it aside because I didn't want to ruin our close friendship. Liam, Aaron and Jax were aware of my feelings for Cassie but I warned them not to tell the girls about it. I knew how nice they were, but I couldn't take the chance that they may blurt it out by mistake to Cassie. So, I decided to try and date other girls to see if it was only a crush I felt for Cassie. I know that Mrs. Hooper wasn't going to change her mind about the cast, so I guess I just have to wait this out and see what happens.....

How do you guys think the play is going to go? Do you think it will be epic in a great way or an epic disaster? Let me know in the comments below what you think about this chapter and the question and don't forget to please vote! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Until next time....