Valentine's Day

Alex's POV

When I told the guys I was planning on giving Cass her favorite chocolates and candy for Valentine's day this year, they instantly laughed and began teasing me.

Why am I friends with these guys you ask? I don't know, I've been asking myself that for the past 6 years I've known them.

Don't tell them I said this or I will immediately deny it, but they do have good ideas sometimes. Note sometimes! They're not the next Einsteins or anything, God knows that would go inflame their already huge egos. Damn, I'm rambling again aren't I? My mom keeps telling me that I always-

You know what? Let's just back to what I was talking about before. After the guys finished laughing at my idea, they told me I should do something more romantic. Such as surprising her with her favorite chocolates at the cafeteria, followed by a movie and dinner date after school.

Considering the fact that Liam, Jax, and Aaron haven't even planned anything for their own dinner dates with the girls, they sure are good at coming up with date ideas, I have to admit....

Valentine's Day

As I approached the cafeteria, the calm demeanor I had all day vanished when I saw Cassie sitting at the lunch table.

I was beginning to get slightly nervous that she might reject the proposal, but the guys assured me that I had nothing to worry about.

With a huge pack of Godiva chocolates, three packs of skittles and a red, blue, and lavender rose.

Now. I know what everyone's thinking? What's up with the different color roses? You might as well have brought a rainbow of flowers at that point.

When I told my mom I planned to buy flowers for Cassie, she told me to buy the flowers based on their meanings. However, I had no idea what that meant, so I asked the florist if she could tell me what each of the flowers signified.

Red Rose are an unmistakable expression of love.
Lavender Roses convey enchantment and expresses "love at first sight". These roses are used to express fascination and adoration.
Blue Roses cannot be achieved naturally so they represent the unattainable or the mysterious. They say "I can't have you but I can't stop thinking about you".

Not only is blue Cassie's favorite color, but it signifies that I can't stop thinking about her, and I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get her. Even if I have to compete with Jason to get her to like me back.

I remember when I showed the guys the flowers I brought....

Flashback

After I brought the flowers and left them in a vase in my house, I headed over to Liam's house to hangout with the guys.

As you can guess, when I told them the significance of each flower, all of them were laughing. Aaron fell off the couch he was sitting on, Jax was rolling on the floor, and Liam tried to be considerate by trying to hold it in, but still let out a few muffled chuckles.

"What's happened to you man? We told you just to buy flowers and candy, not analyze what each flower meant!", Aaron said as his chuckles began to die down.

"At least I have a plan to ask the girl I have feelings for out. What are all of your plans, by the way?", I retorted.