Kissing Scene: Officially

A/N: For anyone who missed the note that I made last chapter, the beginning part of this chapter is the night before the last day of school before they go on winter break. Where I wrote in this chapter, next day of school, indicates that it is the last day before break.

Alex's POV

"Tiffany, we need to talk", I sternly told her.

"Why did you have to put Cassie on the spot like that? She didn't even do anything to do that I'm aware of?" I asked her.

"It was just a game, Alex. Take a chill pill, okay. Biancha and I didn't mean anything by it, we didn't expect Cassandra to run off like a little girl. The rest of your group answered the questions just fine, so why are you treating Cassandra differently? If I didn't know any better, I would say you have feelings for her or something stupid like that..." she explained.

Silence

"Alex, why aren't you correcting me? I was joking around about the feelings thing you know", Tiffany questioned me as she took in my silence.

"Seriously, of course you have feelings for her! I guess I just tried ignoring the signs to make myself feel more secure about this relationship, but I was wrong. You know what, we're done. I don't want to be your backup choice. We're through, good luck with everything Alex," She spoke in a no-nonsense tone.

"Tiffany, I'm sorry and you're right. I don't know how I feel about Cassie yet, but you don't deserve to be treated like that. I do hope though that you will find someone who will put you first and will treat you properly. I hope we could still be friends though", I confessed.

"One day, Alex. Just give me time. Come on, Biancha, let's go check on everyone else at the party and make sure that no one throws my mom's vases out the window or pukes in the pool again. I did it once, and I don't want to do it again. Bye, Alex", Tiffany replied with a small smile.

"Bye, Tiffany", I answered with a smile.

Later on that day

I called the girls to see if they could update me on Cassie, but all of them went straight to voice mail. Well, I guess I'll find out tomorrow hopefully....

Cassie's POV

"Awn, sweetie, do you want to talk about it?" Sophia gently asked me.

"There's nothing to talk about Soph. It's not like what Tiffany said wasn't true. I mean, Alex and I have known each other for a couple of years now, and he never made a move. Clearly, he doesn't feel the same way about me, so I should just forget these feelings I'm having. What's the point in focusing on something that will never happen anyway, right?" I asked my friends.

"Don't give up just yet, Cassie! You never know what will happen tomorrow, things can completely change in an instant. Keep an open mind and your head up, because you'll never see the good things if you keep your head down the entire time", Lily reminded me.

"You sound like a fortune teller, Lil", I lightly teased her.

"Ha-ha, glad you're humor's back Cassie", Lily smiled.

"Dare I say it? Is that a smile on Cassandra's face? I never thought I would see it again," Meg dramatically questioned.

"Thanks girls for cheering me up, I really appreciate it. I don't know what I would do without you", I replied with a huge smile on my face.

"We know! Now, let's go have that Nicholas Sparks movie marathon and eat a bunch of sweets!" Lily shouted.

"Ugh, not another Nicholas Sparks film again. Why, don't we watch an action film like Fast and Furious?" Meg suggested.