Tutoring?

Cassie's POV

Jason has been here for a few weeks and he seems to be getting along quite well with everyone. Well, almost everyone. Alex seems to despise him for some reason, but he won't ever tell me whenever I ask him. Ever since Jason joined the football team, he's gotten closer to the gang and other people in our school, which is certainly a relief. I wasn't sure how the transition was going to go, but it went surprisingly well.

Anyways, back to the present. All of us decided to go to Sally's Diner nearby for lunch since we usually just eat from the school cafeteria.

As we were eating, Jason asked me, "Hey Cassie, are you free this week? I haven't been doing too hot in calculus so far, so I was wondering if you could tutor me?".

"Sure, Jason. Not a problem", I replied with a small smile.

This seemed to piss off Alex because he clenched his burger so tightly that his knuckles turned white.

"You okay there, Alex?" Jax asked him.

"Just peachy", Alex sarcastically responded back to him.

"I'm heading to the bathroom," he muttered as he tried to get the huge ketchup stain out of his pants.

After Alex left, Jax and Liam followed him into the bathroom.

"Wow, I thought only girls usually go to the bathroom in groups?", Lily questioned.

"Apparently not", Meg answered back.

"Did I do something wrong?", Jason asked us.

"Of course not, Alex is just in some kind of mood or something. I'll talk to him later", I reassured Jason.

I glanced at the girls' faces and I could tell they were unsure about Alex's behavior as well. He's never acted that way before. He's usually nice to everyone and goes out of his way to welcome new people, so I don't know why he's acting this way. If I didn't know any better, I would say that he was jealous...Naw, I'm probably reading too much into this.

When the guys came back to the table, Alex seemed calmer and the ketchup stain on Alex's pants didn't seem as noticeable.

"Hey, we should probably head back to school", Sophia noted.

We glanced at our phones for the time and realized she was right. So, we left the restaurant and went back to school.

As we approached the school, I grabbed Alex's hand and pulled him towards me.

"Hey, are you free later to talk?", I asked him.

"I have practice until 6 tonight", Alex responded.

"After practice then?", I questioned him once more.

"Sure", he sighed.

"Great! I'll see you then", I said as I walked towards class.

After Football Practice

Alex's POV

The guys asked me if I wanted to go with them to play video games at Aaron's house, but I told them I had to go and talk to Cassie.

"Ooh, is someone in the doghouse?", Liam teased.

"No, she just wanted to talk to me about something. But I'll come over to Aaron's house after we're done", I told them.

"Great, good luck", they teased.

After I was done taking a shower and getting dressed, I found Cassie in the library.

"You want to head home now?", I asked her as I approached the table she was sitting at.

"Sure, then we could talk", she replied.