The Date (Part 2)

Alex's POV

I'm going to completely deny this if anyone ever asked, but for once, I was nervous about a date.

I've been on a lot of dates over the years, but for some reason, I was freaking out over this one. I didn't even know why.

Luckily, everything was running smoothly.

I couldn't believe how lucky I was to go on a date with Cassie tonight. I've never seen her wear a dress before, but she looked amazing in it.

As I was driving to our new destination, I saw Cassie with a smile on her face.

"What are you thinking about?", I asked as I glanced over at her.

"About how much fun I've been having so far on our date. I mean, not a date, just hanging out. Unless you wanted it to be a date? Whichever is cool with me", Cassie began rambling.

I leaned over and grabbed her hand with my free hand, causing her to blush even more.

"Whatever you want it to be, is cool with me", I said as I smiled at her.

We reached our destination and Cassie ran out of the car before I could open the door for her.

"Am I dreaming, or did you actually drive us to Barnes and Nobles? I'm so happy that I could kiss you", she joyfully asked.

"Well, I certainly won't stop you if you do", I smirked.

She gave me a kiss on my cheek and dragged me over to the huge store.

"As much as I love being here, is there a reason we're here?", she questioned as she looked over at me.

"Yeah, I know you've been dying to read the last two books of the Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan. So, I thought we could pick them up for you today since your mom told you to stop buying so many books because you're using up all her money", I teased her.

"Seriously!", she shouted.

"Of course. Let's go and pick them up", I replied as she ran over to the section where the books were.

When we headed over to the register, I pulled out my wallet to pay for the books.

"Alex, are you sure you want to pay for the books? I mean, it's sweet but you shouldn't have to pay for them. I could just wait until my mom takes me off the ban", she explained.

"No, I want to. Besides, it's part of the date and I'm not letting you pay for anything tonight. I was the one who asked you out today, anyway", I replied as I grinned at her.

"Fine, if you're so sure", she answered.

"I am", I responded.

Once I paid for the books, I handed them over to Cassie.

"Thank you", she sincerely replied as she pecked my cheek.

"The smile was definitely worth it", I said.

Her cheeks and face began turning red.

"Cass, I-", I began saying when Cassie's phone rang.

She glanced at me and I told her she should take it, so she answered the call.

"Hello?", she asked the caller.

I mouthed, who is it?

Sophia, she mouthed back.

"What's wrong, Soph?", she asked on the phone.

"He did what? Yeah, Soph, I'll be right over", she replied.

"Alex, I'm sorry but that was Sophia on the phone. I couldn't make out everything she said, but she said something about her date and she was crying a lot. I wish I could stay, but I can't when I know how upset she is", Cassie explained the situation to me.

"It's fine, Cass. I get it. I should talk to Liam anyway and figure out what happened. Hopefully, we can finally get them together, they are so oblivious about each other", I answered as I shook my head.

"Are you sure?", she asked me once more.

"Positive, Cass. Our friends need us, we could always finish this another night", I said.

"Yeah, you're right", she smiled at me.

"Come on, let's get going", I said as I grabbed her hand and we walked to the car.

When I reached Sophia's house, I stopped the engine.

"Tonight was amazing, Alex. I haven't had fun like that in awhile, so thanks", she said as she got out of the car.

"Night, Cass", I replied with a smile.

"Night, Alex", she answered as she kissed my cheek.

I waited until she got in and then drove towards Liam's house. I wonder what happened to their date?

A/N: Sorry about cutting off the date, but it was needed to set things into play. Until next time, don't forget to comment and vote!