Joonie and I

"Rap Monster," I said, "What can I say about him? I guess I will repeat what the fans say. Rap Monster is-he's cute, hot, sexy, funny and smart."

The interviewer laughed hardily, "Miss [y/n], everyone knows what fans think about Rap Monster. The question was, 'What do you think about Rap Monster?' I mean, you are said to be very close to him due to being good childhood friends. You two had no contact with each other since you were 15 and now you are starring as the main girl in BTS' new music video. Tell me Miss [y/n], how do you feel about your childhood friend being an idol? What was your reaction to the news?" The interviewer asked me again.

I didn't really think too much about Namjoon being an idol, other than the fact that this is what he deserves for having such amazing talent. Sitting there in silence while the air grew cold, I started stammering. To save myself from further embarrassment, I giggled a bit.

"Okay," I started, "When one of Namjoon's friends contacted me out of the blue about a music video. He was telling me that they can arrange a flight for me, make it so that I wouldn't have to pay for everything myself. I didn't even know that Namjoon was a Korean PopStar. I thought it was a prank-"

"As I said before you two were childhood friends, correct?" The interviewer asked me.

I nodded as I thought to myself how rude it was that he cut me off before I could finish. Maybe he would have gotten his answer to whatever he was about to ask if he had just waited.

"Please, explain to our viewers how you two came to know each other and build up from there," the interviewer demanded.

"Okay," I sighed heavily, "So..."

I was born in the U.S but, my mother moved to South Korea when I was 6 months to get away from a crazy ex boyfriend. I guess, you could say she used him as a good excuse to move because my mom loves the South Korean food and culture. She used to tell me stories all the time about her cousin, who is half Korean. She would teach my mom the language, about the food and so much more.

I spent some of my childhood in Goyang. My mom loved it there and never wanted to move. Speeding forward a bit, my mom had a visitor she knew from work who brought along a play date for me. It was, you guessed it, Kim Namjoon. I was 6 at the time and Namjoon was 9. At first, he and I hated each other. Well, I hated him. He used to break my toys all the time. After a while of getting used to him, I didn't care if he broke my toys anymore.

"It's okay. I have more," I would always tell him.

"I promise, I will replace it with a better toy," Namjoon would assure. 

Funny thing was, Namjoon kept that promise. He always came over with a better toy...one of his own.

"I trust you with this one," Namjoon said.

"I will take good care of it," I promised.

I remember having to wait long hours during the day for Namjoon to go home from school so, that I could go over. We grew so damn close to only be ripped apart years later. On the day of my birthday, my mom decided to reveal some tragic news to me, expecting me to handle the news well.

"Baby," my mom started, "I got the promotion that I've been talking about for weeks."

"That's great! Now you can stop stressing about it," I responded with joy.

"There's more," my mom said as she sat down beside me at the table, "we are going back to America."

I laughed at first, thinking it was just some sick joke. Then after noticing that no one was laughing with me, I grew defensive.

"I hate you!" I screamed to the top of my lungs, "I won't leave Joonie!"

"[y/n], honey, let me explain," my mom tried to calm me.