Photgraph

'Look at this photo, there was no one there.' Malia said and showed Lydia her phone.

She looked at the picture and still saw Scott on it.

'He is there, he is on the picture. How can you not see him?' Lydia said while pointing at the place where Scott stood.

'Lydia, it's an empty space. There is really no one there.'

Lydia didn't understand anything about it. How could she even see him on a picture when no one else could. Is it really his ghost? Is this real and not her imagination?

'You should go home Lydia, take some rest. Maybe it's just because, you know. We all have trouble dealing with it I guess. Maybe it's nothing. Just like I said, take some rest.' Malia said.

She took off her seatbelt and got out of the car.

'Thanks for the ride.' she said before she walked away to her house.

Lydia watched her go in and drove away.

Melissa and Raphael were sitting on the sofa.

'For how long have you known about him being a, you know, a werewolf?' Raphael asked her.
Using the word werewolf was very weird for him.

'I found out at one night Stiles and his dad and Scott and me were taken hostage at the sheriffs station by this boy called Matt. He made Scott call me to go there. When I got there I saw him holding a gun against Scott's head. I was so scared. He said to me,

'Please mom, do whatever he says. He promised not to hurt you.'

And Matt told me that what Scott told me was right. But then he said to Scott,

'But I didn't say I wouldn't hurt you.'

And he shot him.

Not in his head, fortunately. I wanted to help him but Matt didn't let me. I wanted to stop the bleeding. Matt told me that if I said one more word he would kill him. He locked me up in a cell so I couldn't get to Scott. Scott already told me it didn't hurt, but I thought it was just because of the adrenaline. Later that night there was this other creature, it was like a werelizzard. It came at me and I got scared. Suddenly Scott came in and attacked it, but I couldn't see his face. That other creature ran away and Scott was still there standing with his back in my direction. I was so worried about him, I begged him to say something and look at me. He did. He turned around and I saw his face, that was the first time I saw him as a werewolf.'

'How did you deal with it?' Raphael asked her.

'In the beginning I thought it was horrible. But I found out that Scott wasn't like others, he did everything to save everyone. He used his powers to help others. That's how I could handle it, by knowing it made him a good man.' Melissa said.

'I wish he had told me. I wish I could have been there for him to help him dealing with it. If I weren't such an asshole I would have been there for him all the time. But I ruined it.' Raphael said.

He had tears in his eyes. He looked at the photograph of Scott as a lacrosse player.

Melissa felt sorry for Raphael, but she couldn't deny what he just said. It was true. And it wouldn't make him feel better to tell him that.

At Stilinski household, Stiles was sitting in his room going through old photobooks. It were all pictures of him and Scott when they were young.

Someone knocked on his door, it was his dad.

'Can I come in?'

'Yeah sure.' Stiles said.

His dad came in and Stiles closed the photo book. He laid it beside him on the bed.

His dad sat down next to him.

'What is that what you were looking at? He asked.

'Just some old photo's of Scott and me.'

'Can I have a look?'

'Yeah, go ahead.'

Stiles reached him the photobook.
His dad opened it and looked at the pictures. Stiles looked with him.

His dad pointed at one with Scott and Stiles holding watermelons.

'I remember this one, it was summer. You were both seven years old or something. It was at Scott's house, his mom had a little pool in the backyard for you guys. We were there for a BBQ party.' He said.

'Yes I remember it too.' And lifted one corner of his mouth.

'I still know that you fell asleep in your chair that afternoon. Scott and I filled a bucket of water and threw it over your head. I still know how everybody laughed at you.' Stiles said with a big smsmi now.

But his smile didn't last long.

'Those were great times, we were all together and living a normal life...' He said and sighed.

A tear rolled down from his eye.

He wiped it away, but his father saw it.

'Come here boy.' And he opened his arms to hug him.

Stiles laid his head on his shoulder and started sobbing. His father held him close. He also let a tear come down.

'Those were some good times, times we will always remember.' His father told him.

They held each other close.

'I can't dad, I can't handle it anymore. I just can't deal with losing people anymore. This time it's too much. I'm too afraid to lose anyone else, I'm too afraid to lose you too.' Stiles said, crying.

'It's okay Stiles, it's okay. I'm here for you. In the beginning it's hard, but eventually you'll move on. Everybody loses people they love in their life, maybe we are a little unlucky to lose more people than others. But we'll get there eventually. We keep going if we help each other. It's going to be okay.' His dad told him.

'But that's the point dad, it's not okay. Its not okay at all.'

Lydia was at home. She thought about what Malia advised her and went to her bedroom. Maybe some rest would be good for her.

She laid her phone down on the nightstand and untied her hair. She put on her sleep shirt. She laid the sheets open, but before she got in the bed, she walked to the window.

She looked outside, somehow she wanted to know if he was standing there. But the street was empty.

She got back to the bed and moved under the sheets. She reached out to the light and turned it off. The only light that came in was from the moon.

Lydia closed her eyes and heared the voices in her head. She got used to them, she hears them every night. But this time she listened to them. She listened if she could hear a familiar voice. Scott's voice.

But she didn't hear him. Maybe Malia was right. Maybe it was just imagination. She should take some rest.

And she fell asleep.