Scream

'...But unfortunately, it's too late now for you to tell them...' Peter said with an evil laugh.

Scott could open his eyes a little and saw Peter holding a bottle of glass in his hand. Inside the bottle there were big tallons. Peter put his right hand Inside the bottle and pushed the huge claws on his own fingers. They started to glow blue.

Scott entirely opened his eyes now and tried to get up. Peter jumped on the nemeton and pushed Scott back down.

'Nice try, but it's time to say goodbye for you.' Peter said

Mason and Liam were running fast. Liam could hear the others talking.

'We're almost there Mason, hurry up! We have to get them.' Liam said.

Suddenly they stopped running.

Liams eyes started glowing when they heared a loud roaring scream coming from behind them.

It was Scott.

At the cars, the rest of the pack heared it too. All of the werewolves' eyes started to glow.

'It's Scott!' Malia said.

They all started running into the woods. Stiles took his bat and ran after them. Lydia stayed at the car.

They saw Liam and Mason, they were both running back.

'Mason wait! Go back to Lydia!' Stiles said.

Mason stopped running and turned around. He came back.

The others kept running but they were too late.

Lydia's scream was overwhelming and everybody covered their eyes. Her scream was the pure sound of death.

'No, this can't be happening! Scott!' Stiles screamed. They all continued running till one of them found the nemeton. Malia was the first one to see them.

'NO!' She screamed.

She saw how Peter pulled his claws out of Scott's dead body.

The others stopped next to Malia.

'Scott! Oh God, no, what did you do?! You killed him!' Stiles yelled at Peter.

Tears were rolling from his eyes.

All the others stood there in silence, shocked to see what happened. They didn't expect this at all.

'I took something that belongs to me.' Peter said while the claws turned from glowing blue in glowing red, just like his eyes.

Peter was an alpha now, he took Scott's power.

Peter stepped back and ran away. Liam ran after him together with Malia and Hayden. Derek and Stiles ran to Scott.

'Scott! No no no...'

Stiles felt if he could feel a heartbeat, but there was nothing.

Scott was dead.

And this time there was nothing he could do about it.

'Scott...' Stiles whispered while crying.

He took him in his arms and held him close.

Derek also couldn't hold up his tears anymore. He laid his arm around Stiles' shoulder.

'What have we done?' Stiles said.

'It's our fault. It was our choice to give him to Peter. We could have known that Peter wanted to kill him! How could we be so stupid to think he wouldn't kill him now?' Stiles continued.

They were both crying.

'Stiles, please. Don't.' Derek said with a broken voice. 'We can't change what happened. Stop blaming yourself.'

He carefully tried to get Scott out of Stiles' arms. Stiles held him even closer.

'Stiles, you can't stay with him here.' Derek said.

'Shut up! I need a moment with him, okay? He is my best friend, my brother. I still can't even believe that what happened is real.' Stiles said.

He started screaming. Derek couldn't handle to see Stiles in pain like this. He closed his eyes and felt the tears roll down his face.

Liam was running as fast as he could, but Peter was now even faster than ever before. He lost sight of him.
He stopped running.
By chasing Peter he had no time to actually realise what just happened. Only now he really thought of the fact Scott was dead. Gone.

He felt his eyes burn, a tear fell down.

Hayden stopped right next to him. Malia stopped too.

'H-he is gone. He's dead.' Liam whispered.

Hayden held him in her arms. Now all of them realised it.

He will never be there again.

Lydia was crying. Mason supported her. He couldn't believe this was actually happening.

Scott died, to save him. It gave him a horrible feeling of guilt.

Stiles was sitting there on the nemeton, with Scott in his arms.
He never thought it would all end like this.

Malia, Hayden and Liam came back to them. Everyone was crying. It was all like a nightmare that came true. Stiles never wished more to be dreaming than this moment.

It all felt like time passed too fast. Police had arrived at the place where Scott died. Stiles' dad went there immediately after Deaton called him. Melissa was there too.

The unbearable sounds of her scream stayed in Stiles' head for hours. Just like the vision of the cops taking Scott away in a bodybag.

They were told by Stiles' dad to go home and take some rest. There was nothing they could do.

Alone in his room, Stiles kept crying. It reminded him of the time his mother died. That moment was just as terrible. The worst of all from that time, was that his mother died, not knowing who he was. That was because of her illness. But this time, Scott also didn't remember him. He died without knowing anything anymore. In fact, Scott died already seven weeks ago, at least, the Scott he knew. That was the moment he lost his memory, but he never got it back anymore. Poor Scott, he died alone. He died alone to safe someone he doesn't remember. He was sacrificed by his friends to safe another. But Scott didn't see them as friends that last moment. What would have gone through his mind? Peter who actually killed him, turned out to be his enemy, but were we even better? We gave him with the knowledge Peter wanted to hurt him. And Scott knew that.

Derek stayed with Deaton at the animal clinic.

'How stupid that I didn't think of this.' Deaton said.

'You couldn't have known that he got those tallons. They were at my loft. I left Peter there alone. I should have been more careful, it's not your fault.' Derek told him.

'I still could have known what he was up to. Now I get why he wanted him at the nemeton. Its the only way for him to take Scott's powers with those tallons. If I just thought of that, it would have never happened.' Deaton said.

Melissa was completely devastated. This time she couldn't bring him back. Now she lost her son for good. She was at the morgue in the hospital, indentifying Scott. It was the most horrible thing to do ever in her life. To see him lay here now, is completely different than that time when they tried to get the benefactor. Now he wouldn't wake up anymore.

What should she tell his father?

He was called too, he is on his way now from Chicago. He said he would be here in time for the funeral. Even thinking about the word funeral made her cry. The worst thing that can happen to a mother is when your child dies. And now it happens to her.