Howling Wind

The usually soft melody from his ringing phone was loud and immediately reminded him of danger when it woke him in the middle of the night. Still half asleep he grabbed the phone from his nightstand and read the name of the caller, it was Stiles. He clicked the green phone icon on the screen and held the phone to his ear.

'What's up Stiles? Why are you calling me in the middle of the night? ...Is there something wrong?'

But no sound came out of the speaker.

'... Stiles, are you there? Stiles? Hello can you hear me? Hello? Stiles? Are you in trouble?'

Still it was all quiet. And just before Scott touched the red button, thinking Stiles maybe butt dialed him, he heard something from the other side.

'... Scott'

The phone call was ended. Was that Stiles? Is he in trouble or sleepwalking? It didn't even matter to Scott if it was serious or not, the only thing Scott could think of doing now was making sure that his best friend was okay. Even if he was just sleepwalking, he had to know. He quickly hopped out of bed and put on some clothes. He grabbed was too much in a hurry that he forgot to take his helmet that was laying on top of his dresser.

He didn't have to worry about keeping quiet for his mom, she was working the night shift at the hospital this week. Scott walked down the stairs and grabbed his keys that he left on the table. He rushed out the door and walked to his motorbike.

He took the shortcut through the woods on a small old dirt road. The stormy wind was shaking all the trees and dark rainy clouds covered the night sky. The wind made a lot of noise as it was blowing through the trees. The howling of the wind overshadowed the sound of something hitting Scott's bike.

Whatever it was that hit his bike got jammed in the wheel and obstructed the motor. He was driving at a high speed when his wheel stopped spinning, causing the motor to slide and fall over. Scott only realized it at the last moment when he lost control over the bike and fell down with it. Scott held on to the bike as it slid sideways over the dirt road for a couple of feet until it came to a full stop against a tree. Scott collided with the tree head first and instantly blacked out.

-----------------------------------------------------

'911 What's your emergency?'

'There has been an accident here in Beacon Hills Reserve, someone on a motorcycle crashed here, I am not sure if he is alive ...'

------------------------------------------------------

Melissa was at work at the ER, her shift now almost being over when an ambulance arrived and rolled in a brancard. Immediately a bunch of nurses and doctors responded to it and wheeled the person through the hallway. Melissa caught a glimpse of who was on there and her level of concern rose instantly. She rushed over and pushed her way through the people surrounding the brancard.

'Scott! Oh god no, Scott can you hear me?'

Melissa hoped that Scott would respond, but it seemed like he was unconscious. One of the ambulance brothers was with them and explained the situation, that they found him unconscious at a crash scene in the woods. A thought rushed through Melissa's mind, why would Scott be up at 3 AM and driving through the woods? But it didn't matter. She could ask him that after he healed. Melissa was determined to come with him in the operating room, but Dr. Geyer pulled her away.

'Melissa, I understand you are worried right now but I think it's best if you stay outside and wait.'

'No I need to make sure he will be okay!' Melissa shook her head and tried to walk off to her son.