Chaos of Memory

“Nii-san, who is that?” Minako asked with a curious smile as she… she closely examined Mitsuru. Minako, what am I going to do with you? I rubbed the back of my head, deciding how to word what I knew about Mitsuru properly.

“Minako, this is Mitsuru,” I explained to her. “Mitsuru, this is my imoto Minako.” I smiled softly as I was trying to melt the icy barriers than I knew could be forming around her heart. Well… hopefully Minako will be able to get through to her.

“U-um… Nice to meet you Minako-san.” Mitsuru replied stiffly while my imoto grinned with a mischievous glint.

“Nice to meet you Mitsuru-san!” She smiled widely.

“Well now that we’re done introducing ourselves…” I sighed in relief as I drew Mukou Meikai again. “Anyone up for going into Tartarus?”

“I am nii-san!” Minako cheered energetically. Yeah, it would be easy for me to keep everyone safe since I was still apparently the Master of Tartarus. Or the Reaper. Whatever.

“I’m ready.” Mitsuru stated, still keeping a firm grasp on the newer rapier I gave her. I’ll give her Alilat later when she’s gotten used to the one that I gave her. Incidentally… It was made with a copy of her Penthesilea Persona. I’m so glad that I took the time to learn how to make make-shift Skill Cards for this kind of thing. With a bit of help from Nyx as well.

She helped draw from some of the essence of Mitsuru’s Shadow, or her Persona and then helped me make it into a Skill Card that I could use in Weapon Fusion. Best idea ever. Hi-five Nyx. A faint clap-like sound told me that she had indeed heard what I said and reciprocated my request. Thank you.

“No problem.” Nyx replied nonchalantly.

“Well, let’s go then.” I smiled with a confident stance and gestured to move more towards the entrance of the labyrinth.

After a while, we three were able to reach the fifth floor. It was on this floor I could vaguely remember a guardian showing up. The faint disturbances of SP in the area seemed like… they were moving about in a constant rhythm. Wing beats.

“Kids, be careful. I sense three pretty powerful Shadows up ahead. Be on guard.” Okaa-san warned us.

“Thanks okaa-san.” I replied, keeping my grip on my swords tight.

“Venus Eagles. Don’t use Fire or Wind. Weak to Pierce, Dark and Ice.” I nodded to myself silently, also thanking Nyx for the quick analysis.

“Guys, let’s spread out around the centre.” I suggested. Classic tactic. Surround your enemy instead of letting yourselves get surrounded.

“Why the centre?” Mitsuru asked. Oh right, okaa-san hasn’t mentioned that. To which I have a simple answer.

“Video game logic.” I answered simply with a cheeky grin while Mitsuru just shook her head, muttering things about how boys were weird and how they relate everything to video games. Actually, that’s not true but whatever. I relate a few things to video games, but not all the time.

“Ready?” With an enthusiastic nod which was courtesy of Minako and a not-so-enthused nod from Mitsuru we charged to the middle on our marks. “Go!”

When Minako crushed the card in her hand, she summoned Eurydice to use Bash on one of the three gold masked birds. While it was hurt, it still wasn’t enough to take it down.

“Penthesilea!” Mitsuru still hadn’t gotten a grasp on how to summon her Persona without her Evoker, so she still used it. That didn’t make her any less deadly in this situation though. “Bufu!”