Meetings Die Hard

“Otouto, do you think it would be a good opportunity for the team to meet me?” I asked. There wasn’t a lot to do, really. Aside from sleeping, hanging with Nyx and doing stuff, along with watching some different Minatos get their asses handed to them by the Reaper… yeah, there wasn’t that much to do.

“Why not? We have been cruising pretty much so I guess,” he sighed. Convenient telepathy was convenient.

“Coolio. Expect me to show up in a couple of floors,” I said with a sing-song voice. Yay to terrorising people. I can admit to sending a couple of Reaper encounters to some rookie Minatos. I know, it’s a horrible thing to do to but it’s not as if they were caught. They were painfully slow Reapers after all. If I really wanted them to fight one, I would have made Charon go a lot faster.

Well… teleport time. “I’ll be back in a bit Nyx,” I said.

“Alright, just as long as you don’t get too badly hurt,” she replied nonchalantly. She said it almost as if it was kinda mockingly, but I think it was more of a joke. Considering how much power I have and all. Besides, like I’m going to even get damaged by a rookie team of SEES.

Anyways, I teleported and…

I was waiting for a few minutes before I heard the light padding of footsteps. Well, it was about time! I walked around the corridors, shaking the chains of my still immaculate pocket watch to imitate Charon’s chains. Hell, this might even be creepier since you can hear my footsteps getting even closer and closer to their location.

Hey, I can hear Mitsuru going off about Death coming and stuff. Also kinda late. “Ah well, ‘I don’t care, I don’t care’,” I hummed softly. You keep finding new music all the time though. Anyways…

I can hear the pitter patter of their steps. Closer… and warmer. Should I wait a bit longer? Hm… thought processing, thought processing… Ah screw it.

I whispered ‘Bufudyne’ as I appeared at the end of the corridor that Minato’s group was about to get to and a cold blast of wind with icy shards travelled clear down it. Well, until Minato switched to Jack Frost and absorbed the Ice magic that I just threw at them.

I pulled my hat down and smirked a little. Well, he’s as good as always. “What the heck was that!?” Yukari shouted, obviously pretty freaked out by what just happened. If I wasn’t like I was now, I probably would’ve been like that as a kid too. By kid, I mean actual thirteen year old me.

“You have to get out of there! It’s extremely powerful!” Mitsuru shouted. Ah, tapping into security… I’m enjoying this way too much aren’t I? Also, I’m not an ‘it’.

“Should I talk or not?” I asked jokingly to Minato, pulling my hat down and readying another spell in my palm.

“Why don’t you just talk if you really want to?” Minato sighed, immediately switching to Messiah. Whoa, overkill there, don’t you think? Well, nothing I can’t handle. I switched to Thanatos, familiar dark red orbs of magic forming in my palms.

“Omega Cluster!” I shouted, the blasts engulfing the walls and burning them to ashes. Minato’s eyes widened before commanding his team to fall back and search for a teleporter. That’s right, you run. However, Minato stayed back and was left with a tattered uniform and a few bruises but nothing too serious. That’s Messiah for you.

“Aren’t you going to go with them?” I smirked, also switching to Messiah with charging up this time forming white spheres of magic instead. Nova Kaiser.

“I’m just… buying some time,” Minato chuckled before switching to… Telos. “It’s clear we all need some catching up before we can catch up to your power,” he replied. It’s true. He might’ve been pretty powerful but I had gone through an extra ten years of training. He hadn’t. See what time travel does to you?