30

Simon's POV

We ran into the hospital, myself and the paramedics. Everything was in slow motion, voices blurred and a ringing in my ear. I looked around me and I could see the amount of injured people swarmed into this what I thought was big now seems small hospital. I could hear the screams and see the graphic features of missing limbs, burnt off faces and badly bruised people, it was all a blur and the ringing was getting louder. 

"CLEAR!" I heard a zap and saw as Tazz's bleeding body threw itself upwards.

"CLEAR!" Another zap, she was showing no signs of life.

"CLEAR!" The sweat dripping down my forehead, the ringing, the steady pace of my breathing.

"CLEAR, CLEAR, CLEAR, CLEAR, CLEAR, CLEAR, CLEAR" The sound and attempts of them trying to help her trailed off and was soon about to switch off out of my brain.

"I HAVE A PULSE!" I heard someone shout and everyone rushed over to her, I felt myself get dragged backwards and the black from the corner of my eyes slowly swarm inwards.

Tazza's POV

I couldn't feel anything, I tried to sit up but felt myself get pushed down by a pain in my side, I then realised I was in a hospital room. I looked to my left to see flowers next to me and a head with messy dark blonde hair shoved into it's elbows with its knees apart and its elbows leaning on them.

"Simon?" My voice croaked, it felt dry.

His head instantly flew up, he looked like shit. His eyes were bloodshot, like he was crying.

"Tazz, thank god you're awake"

"How long has it been?" my eyes were dry, itchy and aggravated.

"a week or so" He said looking down. 

The images flashed through my mind again, the state of buildings collapsing, the pure evil on Sam's face...the gunshots...

I took a sharp breath inwards "Simon, how many?.."

He knew exactly what I meant "thousands...Tazz...thousands" I felt my heart drop, all of those people...innocent or not, did not deserve to die like that.

"And everyone else?" I added.

"They're fine, the dogs seem to be missing you quite a lot" He smiled and held my hand.

"Miss.Anderson, it's nice to see you awake" A woman who was clearly a nurse smiled at me as she walked to the side of my hospital bed.

"Hello" My voice croaked.

"Hey sweetie, I'm Vanessa but please call me Ness" She smiled at me.

"aha, it's Tazz" I pulled a smirk. 

"Well, you've been healing swell, considering you had three gunshots to your vital organs...not career ending but certainly brutal" She was detaching wires and was looking at Simon.

I had a worried look on my face "You're in safe hands now honey, nobody can hurt you" She held my shoulder and bent down to my head-height, I gave her a reassuring smirk.

"You're free to go today as you've been healing incredibly, you must have a flawless diet...but of course that is completely up to you, obviously you're gonna have to leave sometime soon but the shock of what you see out there may be breath taking" I watched her glance move to Simon that then hung his head down and squeezed tighter on my hand.

"I want to go, somebody else needs the bed more than I do" I said looking down then up to her a few times.

"Well your decision is your decision, I'll go get you your stuff and some clothes your mother has left for you" She smiled.

She was just about to leave "Thank you....Vanessa, I appreciate it" (Imagine Tazz said that like how Dylan O'Brien acts) I watched as she stopped in her tracks, held the side of the doorway and gave me a smile with a small nod, then presumed in her tracks.

-----

I clung to Simon who supported me as it was my first steps being weak, we got closer and closer to the  entrance until finally the grey air hit me. I could already see it, I could already see the devastation that Sam had caused, the amount of planning he had put into this, he was psychotic. 

I said nothing, I just got into the car double checking it was Simon's even if Simon was the one helping me into it. Simon drove off, we didn't say a word I just put my hood up and stared out at the rubble of different places we drove by.

"They found many people within the first two days, only around a hundred are missing, ground zero starts next week meanwhile people are still looking, if they can't find them now, they'll definitely find them during ground zero....dead or alive" he went quieter when he said those last three words.

I turned to him, my eyes full of tears holding my breath so I didn't breakdown and cry "100 is far too many....a week is far too long" My voice squeaked, on the verge of crying, I turned my head back out to the window and let a single tear escape and roll down my cheek.

-----

We finally made it to Canary Wharf, I looked over at Basra and the other staff and I was amazed that they were still here, working. Their eyes turned to me, all shocked, some even stood up and watched me hobble through the security doors, tired and in pain, they were amazed to see me alive. The elevator journey felt like years as I drifted into my own thoughts, escaping the world slightly, I heard the bell ping and the doors open. I hobbled to my door, completely out of it and walked through after Simon unlocked it, I could see everyone I loved there infront of me happy to see me but I simply ignored them. I was distracted but the sight I asked for, the most costly thing of the entire apartment, the view. I could see what was once my beautiful city, broken down and in pieces, I could still see smoke in some areas, I stared at it and the more cracks I could see in it, the more my heart broke. I felt my chest cave in and I let out tears, tears after tears, my body jolting, the pain physically killing me, but I didn't care, this pain was more overwhelming than anything. My world was broken, I could have barely anything and the sight of the city would still entertain me and make me happy, but now that was gone, the base to my happiness was gone, all because of one person, a person that didn't pay enough, a person that caused so much damage that not even life which I thought was the most precious thing to me would pay it back, a person I once called my friend was really my true enemy.