"What's your name, pretty new girl? Need help finding a class? I am Derik and I'd be happy to be of assistance." Oh I knew who this was. Though he was hot and athletic, he was a typical player, and to top it off- Tyler's wingman. This means that I had to use even more attitude on him. 

"I know the school, thanks. I'm not new," I say and walk to my homeroom leaving him looking dumbfounded, probably wondering who I could possibly be. Considering I've been at this school for three years, I don't need his help. I can find a stupid class and if I needed help, it surely would not be from him considering he didn't notice me before my extravagant makeover. 

Opening my top locker, I start to organize my books when something pricks my finger. A small trickle of blood dribbles out from the pricked area and I pull out a band-aid from my Juicy Couture purse that I had gotten on sale at the outlets. I take out the prickly object and find thorns. It's from the stem of a rose, but there is no rose- just a stem. 

The car crash was a warning. Be careful of who you cozy up to.

Is this some sick joke? What the hell?

Who did I "cozy up to" at the party? No one! I made them all go away, but, wait-Tyler! Who likes Tyler? Oh wait, just about every girl in this school. Okay, so I'm pretty sure it's a girl, but that doesn't really help me all that much in the elimination process of who could be this rude to crash my car and leave this gastly note in my locker. 

The bell rings and I run to my class, already late on the first day. I was so deep in thought I didn't realize the time! I walk in first period and everyone once again looks at me.

"Sit down. You're late," says the grumpy old man teacher.

"Sorry. I got lost." Old man. You're grumpy today. Don't you have a toilet to sit on and a newspaper to read and other old people to annoy? Maybe some grandkids to send turtlenecks to? 

"You new here?" he asks turning his nose up at me, and I can't help but feeling like he's checking me out a little bit-gross! 

"No, I'm not," This earns murmers from my classmates and I know they are talking about who I could possibly be.

I hear a lot of, "Wait, who could she be? I totally would've noticed this girl last year!"

I look around to see Derik eyeing me and he catches my stare with a smirk. He puts his hands up playfully as if to admit that he doesn't know who I am and he gives up. 

"Then you have no excuse to be late!" the perverted, mean teacher says sending globs of spit in my face, interrupting me listening to my classmates argue about my identity, which was pretty hilarious. 

"Woah, there, no need to let the Niagra Falls of saliva flow," I say, taking the only empty seat left in the room, which is in the back next to Derik, who is chuckling like he knows me and we're friends- yeah right.

"Excuse me, Miss-" the teacher starts.

"Addison, but you can call me Addie like my friends do, Mr.-"

"Oh my gosh no way!"

"She totally got liposuction." Bitch. Get your facts straight.

"Maybe I should do that, she looks so natural, but yeah, there's definetely some plastic surgery involved." Hey, all natural, thank you very much bitch number two.

"My name is Mr. Frank. You better behave or I will give you a detention missy!" says Mr. Frank.

"Well, desperate times call for desperate measures," I say with a sigh. I daydream until the class is over. It's homeroom; it's not like we're going to learn anything.

When the bell rings, I scurry out of class eager to get away from Tyler, Derik, and the nerd squeezing the pus out of his many pimples in front of me. I don't have time to talk to Cassie, who is also in my class because she is taking her time packing up her pencil and agenda.

After speed walking out of the room, I think I have made it out without encountering Tyler or Derik, but I must have declared victory too soon.

"Addie! Wait up!" Someone calls my name. I turn around and groan when I realize it is none other than Tyler. 

"What do you want Tyler?" 

"I decided to take you up on your offer and be friends!" he said. 

"That offer has expired. Sorry," I say bluntly and storm off, but he chases after me. 

"Hey, wait, you dropped something," he said, handing me the note from earlier. His eyes glaze over it and he looks at me worried, taking a big gulp.

"Who sent you this? What is this about?"

"Give that to me! I don't know who wrote it, but it's none of your damn business!" I rudely snatch the note out of his hand. Why the heck did he even bother to act like he was worried when we both knew he was only hanging around me again because of my new looks.

"I still care about you Addie," Ty says staring into my eyes. The hazel color is mesmerizing. Does he know the effect his beautiful eyes can have on people? I seriously think I'm melting. Then, after I realize he is waiting for my response, I snap back into reality, away from his gorgeous eyes. Actually, gorgeous is an understatement, but anyways...oh my gosh they're perfect.

"Did you take a break from caring about me then? Don't you remember you calling me ugly last year?" I try to sound as harsh as possible; I can't let Tyler see how much that means to me that he said that, even if it's not true. Sometimes I wish things turned out differently between us and didn't end so messy, but I guess everything happens for a reason.

"I'm sorry. I really am. I've changed," he tries to reason with me.

"No, I've changed you haven't," I say sternly walking away.

I was done with him. I wanted nothing more to do with Tyler because he always seemed to be the basis of all the trouble in my life, the root of all my problems. Why he is trying to currently pursue me even though I so obviously hate his guts is beyond me.