Adiós, Muchachos

"What were you doing talking to that kid!?" We were in my bedroom as I stood my ground, watching La Reina scream.

"He's handsome, you said so yourself. I'm tired of being your slave, I deserve some fun too." I replied back. I knew this would make La Reina mad and I was trying to divert all the attention from 10K to myself.

She took a few long steps towards me and we ended up nose to nose. "You little bitch! You deserve what I tell you. It's my sneaking suspicion that you know this kid..."

I held my hand up to stop her. "I don't know him at all."

She slapped my hand down with the back of her own. "Don't you dare interrupt me. As a matter of fact, now that I have Warren sitting by my side, I have room to dispose of one of you."

I met her smile with my own. "Go ahead La Reina."

La Reina brushed a curl from my face and gave me a sympathetic smile before exiting the room. I let out a breath I didn't know I had been holding in and gripped my chest. I was in for it now. I just stood there, waiting for whatever was going to come because I knew that something was coming. I heard heavy footsteps coming down the corridor and I took in a steady breath to calm my nerves. My door swung open and two large men in white and black skeleton masks charged me, they threw a black pillow case over my head and each one grabbed an arm. I could feel my skin being stretched under their fingers, burning slightly. I was being pulled in an unknown direction. The pillow case was over kill because it's not like I haven't been living here for the past few months. Even more, it's not like I would be leaving this place alive. After being brutally dragged, I was picked up and slammed onto a metal table. I felt my wrists and ankles being strapped down. The metal shocked my nerves as I laid against the cold surface.

I heard retreating footsteps.

"This must be our new test subject." I recognized the voice and wanted to scream.

I felt the black pillow case being ripped off my head. I had to close my eyes because they began to water in result of the bright white lights hanging above me. Once my eyes adjusted to the light I was met with Kurian's ugly face. I noticed movement behind him and a blue man poked his head around to look at me.

Murphy's eyes met mine.

"Let her up." Murphy told Kurian.

Kurian gave Murphy a confused look before Murphy began shooting off at the mouth and finally I was unstrapped.

"Thanks." I said quietly, looking at Murphy.

"We thought you were dead. I see you're alive and not so well." Murphy smiled.

They began to clue me in on what was going on. They were going to make a false vaccine and pass it off to La Reina as the real thing. When they took the bait, they would all be injected with the 'cure' and become half-zombies. In turn, Murphy would be able to control them and we could get the hell out of this place.

"They're gonna wonder why I'm not dead." I began as I watched the crazy Doctor fill a bunch of needles with the substance.

"You're right sweetheart, which is why we're going to kill you. Figuratively speaking of course." Murphy grabbed my arm and pretended to bite me.

I jerked my arm out of his blue hand. "What the hell?"

"Im just kidding. Kurian here is the one that's going to be biting you." Murphy boomed.

"What the hell?" I repeated myself.

"We are going to pass you off as the test subject that we used this vaccine on. You need to have a bite mark to show that the antidote worked. I could bite you if you want, but 10K would kill me. Turning you into the second Cassandra and all." Murphy explained.

My eyes narrowed in his direction and I stiffened as Kurian filled the last vile. Kurian walked over to me and held his hand out with a creepy smile. I looked at Murphy again as he nodded for me to go ahead. I sighed deeply before taking a deep breath and giving my arm to Kurian.

"Fuck!" I screamed as he bit down on my right arm as hard as he could. Instantly the skin tore and teeth indents became visible, blood dripping from different areas of the bite.

A small growl escaped my mouth as Kurian just shrugged his shoulders.

All three of us made our way upstairs and into the main hall where La Reina was sitting. Her eyes filled slightly with anger as I came into her view.

Kurian walked forward and presented the vaccine. "She was our first test subject to react fully to the vaccine. As you see, she was bit and there was no effect."

I lifted my arm, which now felt like a big bruise. La Reina and the others looked at the blood dripping from the teeth indents on my arm.

After some more convincing from Kurian, she nodded her head. "I think we need to test it just once more. Vasquez will be the first to get the injection." She announced as Vasquez was brought into the room.

Warren, Murphy and I shared a look. Murphy communicating with his eyes as Warren watched him. Somehow Warren understood what was going on and interrupted La Reina. "I believe the first dose should go to Kurian."

La Reina turned her attention to Warren and told her to continue. As Warren did her best to convince everyone that the mad scientist should receive the first dose, Murphy began to grin and Kurian began to shake.

Finally, Kurian had to inject himself with the false serum. One of the guys in a skeleton mask brought over a zombie that was harnessed to a chain. I cringed a little as the zombie bit down into his arm. La Reina was then satisfied with the effectiveness and ordered all her people to get in line.

One by one Kurian and I began to inject the Zero's with the fake vaccine.

Meanwhile, Warren was worried about Vasquez, as he had disappeared with Escorpian again.

I looked on as our group tried their best to go unnoticed by La Reina, so that they weren't told to be injected. The injections began to make everyone a little woozy and I smiled.

I watched as Murphy controlled the Zombie Zeros, while grabbing a large gun that had been left on the table.

Warren and him were getting into it and before I knew it all hell was breaking loose.

"Shit, shit, shit!" Murphy screamed as he noticed all of our half zombies were turning towards him. I couldn't even tell what was happening but all I saw was Warren decapitating Kurian.

"Addy!" I yelled out acrossed the room, trying to get the groups attention as Warren, Murphy and I hightailed it out of the main room.

"We've gotta get Vasquez!" Warren yelled as we ran down the dark hall.

I followed, checking to make sure my gun was loaded. It was fully stocked and I had it ready to fire.

We stormed the room where Escorpian was holding Vasquez and ended up in a shoot out with a few of Escorpian's minions.

"On your left!" Murphy shouted.

I turned quickly just in time to see a freshly made half zombie coming for me. I pulled the trigger and blasted his brains on the wall.

I nodded in thanks to Murphy as we grabbed Vasquez and headed for the outside world.

It looked like the other half of our group let in the real zombies to cause a diversion. As soon as we were all outside, I leaped into 10K's arms, who held me in an embrace. I let go when I heard Escorpian climb up the ladder.

Him and Vasquez began to fist fight and Warren told us to let it go, this was something that he needed to do.

As soon as Vasquez kicked his sorry ass back down the zombie infested hole, we all booked it.

Addy threw her arm around me and pulled me into a hug, her smile wide and bright. I smiled back, letting her know I missed her too.

I wasn't paying attention and slammed into the back of 10K, who was dead stopped in front of me. I saw the line of El Caminos and the huge smile on 10Ks face.