Party with the Zeros

Over the course of the next few weeks, I did everything La Reina told me to do. She was an extremely strange women. Pure evil ran through her veins but somehow she still cared about people's comfort. Even though I was her little bitch throughout the day, at night I slept soundly in that comfortable silk bed. I was fed, I was also groomed. However, I learned about the fate of some of the other girls that the Zero's brought back. Most were used as sex toys for La Reina's gang and sometimes even La Reina. Then, once they were used goods, they would be sent downstairs to the crazy doctor and a vaccine would be tested on them. They were always test subjects until they either died or they turned. Either way, it was worse than my predicament and clearly they haven't found a cure yet.

La Reina always had females in masks standing close to her and presently I was one of them. These other women started off the same as me. They were either captured or walked in looking for help. After a few weeks of scrubbing shoes, floors and La Reina herself, you moved up. Of course, you had to prove your worth. She would test you, make sure that you weren't defiant. When you were initiated into the gang, you were thrown into a pit with a bunch of Zs and you had to kill them. When you were initiated into La Reina's little girl group, you had to kill a real person. It was always a bad seed that was either stealing, killing or not walking the line. It didn't make it easier. I killed a dark skinned man with a chip on his shoulder. I was instructed to stab him in his gut and finish him off with a bullet to the skull. This was so La Reina could see that we could stomach either type of kill. I wondered why we were killing each other when the real enemy was the undead walking the streets. I didn't dare question it though. Anytime one of us spoke out of turn or didn't complete a task correctly, a beating would follow. When we were recovering, La Reina would always come to comfort us. Like I said, she was a weird women.

My hair was shiny, and blown out into beautiful large curls. The makeup that covered my face was a bronzed color and my eyes were a black smokey. I worse a black pleated dress with large purple heels. They sported spikes on the heel that matched my oversized silver necklace. I couldn't believe that people actually took the time to look like this in a zombie apocalypse.

"Ce-Ce, my dear. Please, refill the champagne." La Reina asked from her seat in the thrown.

I had been hearing the word 'Murphy' thrown around a lot today and I knew we were setting up for a party. My biggest hope was that I would see those people again.

I did as she told me. There were three other women standing along side me. My mask was silver, with black and deep purple designs. Not to mention, a quarter of my face mask was covered in sequins. My lips were such a dark color, you could think they were black.

After a long wait, the new arrivals were escorted into the party.

"Our guests of honor." La Reina stated.

She stood from her seat and we stepped forward with her, still remaining an inch or so behind her.

My eyes scanned the group of people in front of me. My heart sank as they looked on at the scene. Warren's hair was dead straight and she wore a collar necklace that you would think you'd see in a strip club. Addy was done over in true La Reina fashion, with all blacks and purples. Doc's beard was curled ridiculously. Vasquez and 10K wore all black, with some leather accents. My handsome 10K. All I wanted to do was run into his arms but I knew that would cause a swift bullet to both of our heads.

"...Please, enjoy yourselves." La Reina ended her speech and sat back down on her thrown.

The party was in full swing and from the last couple weeks of being here, I knew these people always loved a party.
I watched my group mingle with the Zeros. It was awkward and distrusting mingling. They couldn't see my face but my eyes never left them. After a while La Reina ordered for us to go check on our new guests and refill their glasses with the expensive champagne.

I held a champagne bottle on a small serving tray as my large heels clicked on the tile floor.

I wasn't supposed to speak to the guests as we were not part of the party. We were for certain people only and never spent time conversing with the other members of this building. It was actually prohibited.

I slowly approached Doc and 10K as they stood by the small Buffett table, pointing at one of the resident whores.

When I reached them, I stood still and held out my hand, silently asking for the glass.

"Oooo weeee, girl, don't them things hurt!?" Doc proposed as he handed over his glass. He couldn't take his eyes off my heels.

I couldn't reply in fear that one of the Zero's would hear me. I turned to 10K, holding out my hand again. He handed me his glass without a word. I only filled his half way and when I gave it back, I made sure that my fingers locked with his. I kept a steady grip and stared into his eyes. After a moment I think he realized what I was trying to say because he inched forward in a rushed manner. I quickly let go of his hand and backed away, still holding his gaze. I let my right hand come up into a small 'stop' signal, I looked around before walking away. I really hope he understood what I was trying to tell him.

"Are our guests having fun?" La Reina asked me as I positioned myself back next to her.

"They are having a great time, nothing like any party that have been to before." I answered in a steady voice.

She smiled her famous grin. The same one she used to show extreme emotion. It could be that she's very excited for these newcomers or that she was dissatisfied and was planning on killing them anyway.

"That tall young man is mighty handsome, don't you think Ce-Ce?" La Reina suddenly asked.

"Very." I replied simply.