Thirty

As the party went on, the news of my presence had passed through the group. I watched as 10K informed Addy and Warren and they turned to look in my direction. I kept my body still and my hands behind my back as we were supposed to. I felt like a statue.

Warren's eyes were then diverted to the hallway leading into the room where the party was being held. Her face was pleading with whoever was walking through the door. I turned my head slightly to Vasquez holding a gun, pointing it at Escorpian's head. I held my breath in anticipation of what was going to happen next. As Vasquez pulled the trigger, Warren's hand knocked the gun in a different direction. The gun sounded off and you could hear the ping of the bullet hitting the roof of the building. I closed my eyes, not knowing what was going to happen next. I knew whatever it was, it wouldn't be good.

La Reina quickly stood, you could tell she was upset as her nostrils flared and her hands were clenched at her sides.

10K looked at me and I shook my head. I could tell he wanted to know if he should spring into action, but I knew a shoot out wouldn't end well. The smallest weapon locker they had still held more guns than our group had in its entirely.

"Escorpian, take this man to the basement." La Reina ordered and my eyes narrowed from behind her.

"Ce-Ce! Grab this women a chair." She demanded at me.

I did what she said as I sat a slightly smaller chair next to La Reina's.

"Warren, come sit by me. You saved my life." La Reina's statement sounded like a suggestion but anything this women said was an order.

Warren locked eyes with me as she climbed the steps and took a seat next to the witch herself. I took a sharp breath in and watched Escorpian and a few of his men drag Vasquez out of the room. The party resumed and Warren is now La Reina's right hand women. Although, it had nothing to do with Warren's well-being, La Reina was only ever concerned with her own agenda. We stood there for another half hour or so before myself and another girl were 'dismissed.' Being dismissed didn't mean we could join the party, it meant we could move on to our other tasks and chores. The other girl and myself exited the room and began our way down the hall. I fell behind a little as she turned into her own bedroom, she was in charge of stitching ruined clothing. This was good because she barely ever came out of her room. I made a quick turn down an adjacent hallway that lead to the door by the buffet. I knew Doc and 10K were still standing there, they hadn't really moved anywhere else the entire party. The pictures that hung on the wall were Mexican inspired and a few had marbles hot glued into images. I pulled a loose marble from the picture as I neared the doorway.

It was my luck that there were no guards on this side of the room. I carefully rolled the marble towards 10K and Doc. It hit Doc's foot but I got no response. I cursed to myself as I pulled another marble from the painting. I rolled it harder this time, watching it as it went in between Doc's legs and hit 10K. I watched as 10K looked at the ground, noticing the yellow colored marble. Finally, his eyes looked around Doc and into the darkness of the hallway door. 10K nodded.

I pressed my back against the wall and waited patiently for 10K to make his way over. I knew he was stealthy and would check all possible ways of getting caught before he made his way over. After a few minutes 10K came through the archway and I pulled him to the side, also pulling up my mask.

Without a word my lips were on his, my legs around his waist. 10K had my back pressed against the wall and I could feel the hunger in his kiss. I heard a door slam in the distance.

"Come on." I said quickly as I pulled off my heels and made a run down the hall. My hand was in 10K's and he was running by my side. I looked up and down the hall before turning and letting us into my room.

"Tommy, I missed you so much." My voice was almost a whine but I couldn't help it as I threw my arms around him again.

"I missed you too." 10K's hands were in my hair and he was holding me tight, not wanting to let go again. "Are you okay?"

"I'm alright. The beginning was the worse, I still have the scars to tell the stories. We have to save Vasquez and then we have to get the fuck out of here." I rushed around the room. "What?" I said sarcastically as 10K just stood there staring at me.

A large grin crept onto his face. "You look good."

I rolled my eyes. "We don't have time for this."

"Murphy is in the lab working with that crazy doctor on a vaccine." 10K informed me.

"You've gotta be kidding me. That guy doesn't know what he is doing." I stated. "You've gotta get back to the party, I just needed to see you again, to touch you."

"You talk like this might not go so well." I could see the disappointment in his face but I knew that the only way for any of this to play out the way I wanted it to was to have the members of my group all acting like they believed in La Reina and in this place.

"Please, don't get caught." I said as I planted one last kiss and pushed him out the door.