I watched Kili's eyes travel to the lever. My eyes widened as I realized what he was going to do. "Don't!" I cried. He didn't listen. He clambered out of his barrel, stepping on the other's before arriving on the shore. "Kili!" I shouted. "Don't do it!" An orc swung at him, and he ducked, unarmed.

"Kili!" Dwalin shouted, getting his attention. He had gotten an Elven sword, and tossed it to him. Kili grabbed the sword, hilt up, and knocked it against the orc's face, and then stabbed it. He cut another's leg, kicking it into the water. I stabbed the orc, while the others hit it with their fists. He kept going up the stairs, facing off the orcs as he went. One started creeping behind him.

Fili chucked a dagger at the orc's head, while Kili beheaded the one he was facing. He kept running, and faced another creature, killing it in two blows. A roar sounded behind me as Kili was just about to reach the lever. Whistling sounded, and a shaft of black. It was to late. The arrow met its mark in Kili's thigh, buried what appeared to be fairly deep. He stopped just short, panting heavily. "Kili!" Fili and I screamed. His hand placed over the wound, and he strained to pull the lever with the other.

He groaned from the pain, and fell onto his back. My heart stopped, and panic raced through my mind. I screamed his name again. I watched as Thorin paused, his eyes widening. "Kili." He said softly. I leapt from my barrel, finally finding the courage to move. My blades were in my hands before I even reached the shore, and I spun them in my hands.

"Iridian!" Dwalin and Fili cried behind me. I reached dry land, and ran toward Kili. Orcs started swarming me. I let a battle cry out in frustration, finishing off the orcs in relative ease. An orc leapt over to Kili, when an arrow flew into its head. He glanced over to see Tauriel running from the bushes, who shot another and killed one with her knife. I ran over to Kili, standing near him, slashing down orcs.

Several more rush toward Tauriel, and Legolas starts shooting them down. "Kili! Pull the lever! I'll hold them off!" Six orcs swarmed toward me, and I slashed at one, knocking it into another. They both when sailing into the water, left for the dwarves. Two more approached on either side, and I ducked. They rammed themselves with their swords. I was left with two. I stabbed them simultaneously.

I heard the gates open, and Kili dropped onto his back, a cry of pain coming from his lips. I watched as a few dwarves started going down the river. Bolg saw them too. He snarled in orcish, but that was the last of my worries. "Kili! Iridian!" Fili cried. I pushed Kili toward the ledge, dropping him into his barrel. As he landed, the shaft broke off at the edge of the barrel. Kili screamed in agony, clutching his leg. Tauriel stopped, and I locked eyes with her. "Iridian! Get in!" FIli cried.

"Thank you for saving him. But don't get to attached. You'll only hurt yourself." I jumped into the empty one next to the brothers, and we started down the river again. She watched with a surprised expression.

We dropped over the waterfall, and the orcs followed us on land. Kili looked gaunt, and he leaned against the barrel. Worry coursed through my veins, and I wish I could have done something. "Dia! That was so stupid! You could've died!" Dwalin shouted.

"And so would have Kili!" I shouted back. That was all we had for the conversation, for we reached a narrow canal, and orcs started shooting us. I unstrapped my bow, and started shooting said archers. Thankfully they only hit the barrels. I don't know how I managed to shoot as I continued being dunked under the frozen water. One took a leap at Balin, and Thorin threw a sword he found, pinning it to a tree.

I got one shot in before dunking under the water again. As the orc dropped its weapon, Kili caught the sword. He threw the weapon back to Bombur, who threw it to Nori, tossing it to Fili, who killed the orc. I shot another orc, and then stabbed one as it leapt toward me. Another creature leapt toward Kili. "NO!" I shouted, shooting it between the eyes. I grabbed the arrow, and a couple others I found in in the barrels.