Goodbye

It only felt like a couple minutes, but he kissed my lips gently in an attempt to wake me. I turned my head, keeping our lips connected. "Come on, we need to get to Thorin's." He whispered, his voice muddled with sleep. It was husky, and sexy. I smiled, and then realized what it was I was about to do. I nodded, sitting up gently. I decided to stay in the tunic I was in. Kili slid from the bed, and came back with my brush in his hands.

He started at the bottom, and went through my hair, brushing out the curls. Once he finished, he fondled the braid at the side of my head. He brought his fingers through my hair, and I hummed lightly. I loved it when he did that. I took the brush from his hands, and moved, so I could brush his own hair. He rarely did, and it was about time he did. It was so tangled, every inch through the brush finding a knot.

He flinched every time. "This is why you brush your hair." I sighed as he cringed. "If you move, it'll make it worse." I reprimanded him. He relented, and I continued going through his rat's nest. "By Mahal, when was the last time you brushed your hair?" He paused for to long. "Have you ever done that?"

"Once or twice." He admitted. "When my mother finally made me."

"Unbelievable. You need to do that more often. I will make you." I said, yanking through a knot slightly. He yelped slightly. "That's what happens!" I said, laughing. I finally finished detangling his hair, and ran my fingers through it, now that I could. "See? Isn't it nice to have it unknotted?" I demanded in a teasing tone.

"Yes, dear." He said in a monotone voice, as though annoyed by such a question. I smacked his shoulder gently, but I couldn't stop the giggle arising from my lips. He turned, pressing his mouth to mine. He smiled against the kiss, before letting them go. I sighed in frustration. "Come on. We need to go." He said, his eyes growing sadly hopeful. I nodded, but tears pricked my eyes. "Hey, you'll be okay. I believe in you." He said, putting his hand on my shoulder.

It wrapped around the back of my neck, before pulling me in for a very soft, butterfly of a peck. I smiled nervously. He stood from the bed, and held out his hand. I took them, and he guided me off, twining his hand with mine as we walked from the room. I didn't bother with my shoes. I didn't feel like it. We headed down the hall, to the stairs, and to the door. I paused, steeling myself. I took the door handle, and saw Fili exiting his house like us. We stood there, staring at one another with finality.

"Ready?" Fili came over, taking my other hand. I grimaced, looking down at my hands. They were locked with my family's. We were in this together, no matter what. We walked down the hall, two doors down, to Thorin's home. We didn't bother knocking, walking into the living room. There was blue many places, in the rugs, and tapestries, everywhere. This was clearly Thorin's.

The company was already there, sitting with solemn expressions. Even Bofur seemed of low spirits, Bombur not eating either. I saw Dwalin standing with his brother, having a quiet conversation. The only dwarf that wasn't there was Oin, but I knew why. On cue, he walked in, with the athelas and water. I walked over to the dwarf, who stared curiously at my bandages. "Dain." I answered shortly, and he understood. "Now, keep the water warm over the cooking fire, and I'll have Fili send for you. Okay?" He nodded, his hearing trumpet working shockingly well.

Dwalin caught my eyes, and he approached. His eyes were sad, but I could see the hope. Once again, the weight of Erebor settled on my shoulders. He held his arms out, and I stepped into them, taking in the damp earth and metal. It was the calming scent, as well as the nerve steeler I needed. "Most of us have already spoken to Thorin. He should me wanting to see the boys now." I listened with no emotions. "It'll be okay, Dia. We believe in you, though only four of us know what's going on."

Oin was stoking the fire, keeping the water warm for when I needed it. Everyone else seemed confused as to why that was needed. "Odds are when Fili comes to get Oin, they're going to want to all be there." I mumbled against his shoulder. I felt him nod by his beard tickling my neck.