Arrangement Chapter 1

I met my dad once on his deathbed three days before he died, I wasn't old enough to remember him I was only a year old. He was in a NASCAR race when he slammed into the wall after suddenly losing control of his truck. We were at Homestead-Miami Speedway where my mom wanted to tell my dad about me, she did and there was a DNA test that he heard the day before his death, so he knew that I was his daughter and so did his brother. My name is Zoey Harris, a few years after my dad died my mom got really sick and couldn't take care of me anymore so I spent all my time in the hospital with her until I finally lost both of my parents. When my uncle Joe Nemechek heard about this he took me in, my cousin John Hunter, named after my dad was four I was five. I remember leaving my town, going to live with my aunt, uncle and cousin, I was a sad five year old. 

"Zoey are you ready to go?" My uncle asked. "Let's go uncle Joe." I said. He drove us back to their house a little whiles away from us. "John Hunter." I said as I gave my cousin a hug after we got there. "Hi aunt Andrea." I said hugging her. "Hi Zoey." They both said. After we got all of my things into the house, they took me up to my new bedroom, they had a guest room that they turned into my room, and two more empty rooms in case they had more children. We ate lunch then I went with John Hunter and we went to go play in his room, playing cars of course. 

We traveled to NASCAR races every weekend and it was a lot of fun, but it didn't feel right because they weren't my real parents and they never would be. John Hunter when he was old enough started racing too so I ended up growing up around racing after the age of four. Whenever we would be at home I would always play with JH. "Zoey." John Hunter would said pulling on my pant leg. "Yes JH?" I would asked him. "Play with me." He would replied holding up a car. "Ok, let's go play." I would say before we went to the basement where all of our toys where. Growing up with JH was like that, "let's race cars let's go race go karts let's race let's race let's race." All thought out us growing up we would be around cars, trucks and go karts and it was a great childhood as far as I can remember. 

In 2003 Blair was born and both me and JH had another family member to play with when she got older. Kennedy was born in 2009 and we had yet another family member to play with when she got older. I went with John Hunter and Joe to their races while Andrea stayed home with the girls until they were old enough to come with us so we all started going to the races. I also got my name changed, I am now Zoey Martha Harris Nemechek, my middle name is my grandma's name on my dad's side because my parents broke up before I was born so my mom always knew who my dad was she was just afraid of what would happen if he knew since racing was his favourite thing ever and I wasn't a boy.