Chapter 7

The landscape was white, and Dawn could see much. But what she could see was the face of a handsome elf with ice blue eyes and silver blonde hair looking at her with grief and tears in his eyes. She could also hear the sounds of a battle and the screams of orcs.

"Larissa! No...you cannot leave me! Not now!" he said to Dawn. But she knew she wasn't this Larissa character. She was seeing what was happening through her eyes. The person named Larissa took her hand and placed it on his ice cold cheek, and he held onto it.

"Thranduil...my time is now coming to an end. I can see the white shores. And I am ready," she said in an optimistic voice. The one called Thranduil looked worse and worse.

"No, you can't. What about Legolas. What about your son? Our son?"

"Legolas..." Larissa muttered.

"What am I supposed to tell him?" Thranduil cried.

"You tell our son that I love him. More than anyone in the world. More than life." Larissa then began to have more of a blurred vision.

"In my next life, the Balorat Su will be of great importance, and will bring a great change in the course of the future...farewell." Larissa's eyes then closed, and all sight and sound disappeared.

The next thing Dawn heard was the sound of her own crying, but as an infant. As she opened her eyes, it was also white. There was a dwarf holding her with great pride.

"Bestla, she's beautiful," he said with a smile. Dawn was then handed over to a dwarf woman, whom she thought was beautiful. she smiled and looked as though she was about to cry.

"Welcome to the world...my precious Dawn."

The following scene was not so pleasant. It was raining, and the young Dawn was crying. She saw her mother at her side, carrying her in what looked like a basket. They then approached a house that had a tree growing inside of it. The basket was placed at the doorstep, and her mother had tears in her eyes, though most of her face was covered by a hood.

"We won't see each other again, Dawn. But know that danger is ahead of you. But one day it will end. Once your destiny is fulfilled, you will find great happiness. But I'm afraid it will not be with me." The mother then kissed her child one final time, then ran off into the forest and into the night. Footsteps were then heard, and a strange looking man wearing all brown opened the door.

"Who goes there?" he shouted. he looked around and saw nothing. But before he cold close the door, he saw what was on his front stoop. he then carefully picked the child up and brought her inside. In the basket was an envelope, which the old man read aloud to himself.

Radagast the Brown,

Necessity compels me to part with my darling girl. I leave her hoping and trusting that you will take care of her and let some kind hearted dwarf take her someday as her own as her own. Valar alone knows the bitter anguish of my heart in parting with her. But for her sake it is for the best, as her eyes will soon lead to great distress. But I believe with your wisdom she may be able to handle a situation should it come to her. I may seem that Valar has chosen my daughter to be the Balorat Su that will protect the line of Durin one day. Be good to my dear little Dawn.

"Dawn," Radagast the Brown said to the young girl.

"Well then Dawn, you will be in good hands. You have my word."

There then was a montage of Dawn growing up with Radagast, and learning the ways of nature. Climbing trees, whistling with birds and learning the craft of healing. but then, when Dawn was still young, Radagast sat her down.