Part 12

After you had looked around some more, Mahad had come to tell you that dinner was being served in not to long. You therefore decided to go back to the palace to get ready for dinner. Apparently, you were going to meet the rest of Atem, Mana and Mahads friends whom lived in the palace, which made you a tad nervous. What if they didn't like you? Would you be thrown out of the palace? There were so many questions running through your head, making you forget where you walked, which meant you almost walking into a wall, which would have been very embarrassing from your point of view. Luckily, none of them noticed as you walked into the main hall to eat.

Once again, the table was filled with the most delicious food you had ever seen in your life. You caught yourself drooling before any of them had noticed. Your eyes however found their way to unfamiliar faces sitting by the table, eating and chatting away. They were dressed similar to Atem and all of them had accessories with the eye that Atem has on his puzzle. From what you could see, they all seemed nice.

Atem took your hand in his, giving it a reassuring squeeze. From looking at you, he could see you were a little nervous. There were many new faces and being an outsider didn't help your situation much, which is why Atem wanted to help you as much as possible. You smiled back at him with appreciation, squeezing his hand back. Mana and Mahad had already taken their seats, joining the others eating. Atem began walking towards the dining table, dragging you softly along till he sat down. You took the seat beside him. Now everyone, whom was previously eating, had now stopped after your arrival, their curiousness taking over.

You fiddled with you thumbs, looking down at your lap in embarrassment. You weren't good with big crowds, especially when everyone's attention were on you. Atem noticed this. He coughed, telling them to continue eating for the time being. Once again, you turned towards Atem, thanking him quietly for his generous help. He smiled back softly, being happy he could help you. Through the entire dinner, you ate and talked with Atem and Mana about various things, such as about yourself and your life at home, things you enjoyed doing in your free time and so on.

After dinner, Atem arose from his chair to speak. Everyone's attention were on him as he spoke. "I would like to introduce you to my new friend (y/n), she came here a week ago. She doesn't know how she got here or how to get home, but till then I would like you all to treat her with respect and be kind to her." The priests and priestess looked at you kindly and wished you welcome to the palace. "Now, before Mana, (y/n) and I leave for a swim is there anything you want to ask (y/n)?" asked Atem as You and Mana arose from your chairs. You were met with silence, which meant you could leave.