Part 27

You awoke abruptly with a gasp as you felt the pain from where Bakura had stabbed you. Looking around you, you noticed you had been brought back to the palace. With a soft sigh you layed down in bed, laughing at yourself for how stupid you had been. If only you had never ran away then none of this would have happend.
Atem alsmost lost his puzzle for crying out loud.
From what you could feel, your wound had been cleaned and bandaged up and you were back in the bedroom you had when you first got here. Beside your bed lay your backpack with all your things.

With a grunt, you got out of bed to see if you were able to stand. Your footing was a little wonky, but you were able to walk non the less. Carefully you walked over to the bedroom door and opened it. Mana greeted you as you opened the door. She gasped when she saw you were awake and jumped into your arms. You lost your balance and fell backwards, falling right on your back with mana on top of you crying.
«Y/N! Youre finally awake! I was.. i was so worried .. we all were»
Mana sobbed softly as she held onto you for dear life. She had no intention of letting you go.
You laughed softly as you sat up and returned her hug.
«H-hey Mana, come on, no crying. Im okey, just a little sore, but okey..»
You felt bad for having worried her so much. She was your friend and you had just left without saying goodbye. And now you had gone and almost got yourself killed.
You looked at mana with a soft smile as you caressed her cheek.
«Im sorry for leaving without saying goodbye. It wasnt fair to you nor the others. I hope you can forgive me.»

Mana got off you and grabbed your hand, helping you up and back into bed. You wanted to protest, but the look she gave you shut you up quickly. She sighed softly as she sat on the edge of the bed beside you, holding your hand.
She looked at you with pleading eyes.
«Im just happy you are safe y/n. But why did you leave..? Dont you like it here anymore?» she asked, trying not to cry. She wanted to know. To understand. You wanted to tell her the truth, but the truth of it all was both embarresing and heartbreaking. How could she understand how much you liked the Pharaoh? That your feelings went beyond friendship. You knew it could never happen and that was why you wanted to leave. To save yourself from heartbreak. Instead you almost got killed. You held manas hand as you looked at her with a soft smile. «Its silly really. I left because ... because ..»

Mana looked at you softly, «because?»
Confessing to Mana that you liked Atem wasnt as easy as you would have hoped.
A soft groan escaped your lips as you moved. You may have been patched up but it still hurt. Mana looked at you with a worried expression. She jumped up and ran towards the door. «Ill get some medical help y/n! Ill be right back».
All you could do was watch Mana leave.
With a soft sigh you dragged the covers over yourself and fell asleep, worried about what you would say when you saw Atem again.