A year later (Final Chapter)

I've never, ever, dedicated a chapter to anyone before, so roc2328 you are the first. I'm dedicating this last chapter to you because you have commented on almost all of the chapters of this book. You're comments were one of the main things that kept me updating, so thank you!

_________________________________________________________________________________

::Jacob's P.O.V::

"Jacob, you've got mail!" Bria said as she ran into my house, "you know it's illegal to go through people's mail right?" I asked with a smile. "Hey, at least I didn't open it" she handed me the envelope and I furrowed my eye brows when I saw the handwriting. I sat down on the couch and eagerly opened the letter.

Happy belated birthday Jacob. 

I didn't want to bother you on your birthday so I decided to mail you this letter later on. I have nothing to say in particular except for I hope your eighteenth birthday was a blast.

I also hope you and Bria are still together, she's a sweet girl (don't take advantage of her alright?) It's been a while since I last saw you hasn't it?

This may be awkward but I told my son about you... And he wants to meet you some day soon, but it's only if you agree to. I want you to remember that you're not an excuse, you never were and you never will be.

Everyone makes mistakes, from stepping left instead of right or doing something at a party a couple years ago. It's all the same, mistakes are mistakes; you shouldn't let them hold you back.

I would appreciate it if you sent me a response to my son's request, he's very eager to meet you. I hope you're doing well and hopefully I can see you again? But this time not in a police station. Take care of yourself, not too mention Bria. She needs you more than you think.

Sincerely,  

Jacob Latimore Sr.  

A.K.A. Chief Latimore

I smiled a little and got up and found some paper and a pencil, I sat back down and began to write.

What does your son want to meet me for? Haha I'm just an eighteen year old boy still trying to find himself. I'll meet him if he really wants me to though, I don't mind having another friend.

Bria and I are still together, we've had our ups and downs but nothing too serious that couldn't be fixed. Everyone else is also doing fine.

You're right, mistakes are mistakes. I was never an excuse.... I just felt like one. I now know that I shouldn't put myself down for the many things that have happened in my past. Now only if I could get Bria do the same, she's been very insecure lately.

I'm not sure if it's because she's getting older and all around her people are saying 'you need to be taller' 'you need to be skinnier' 'you need to be lighter' She's overwhelmed with media's perfect girl.

I've noticed that in her room she has all of these different models taped to her mirror, all of them are skinny and have a light skinned complexion.

I walked in on her once, she was staring at herself intently. She sucked in her breath and tucked in her stomach, honestly it my broke my heart when I saw her doing this.

I was so upset I walked over and ripped the pictures from her mirror. Why does the media do this to girls? Since when does a girl have to be skinny and pale in order to be called pretty? It's all so confusing.

She's better now though, even though I know they'll be another moment where she will become deeply insecure about herself again.... But as her boyfriend it's my job to be there for her and I will do just that.

Like I said, everyone's doing fine. Ray and Jordan have that on and off relationship. They take a break then get back together, I find it interesting.

They could go a whole week, maybe even two, without thinking or talking about each other but the minute they begin to miss each other they come running back. It's fun to watch.

Craig and Shelby have that laid back relationship. They don't get into a lot of arguments, they're both so chill. They usually call each other when they're bored, but the thing is... When they have nothing else to talk about, they don't hang up.

It's just silent until one of them can think of something to say. They don't mind staying on the phone for no complete reason at all. They like having silence, they don't need to have someone talking every second of every minute.

Jazmyne.... Well Jazmyne.... She's still holding on to Chresanto, she still loves him and is willing to wait for him. She looks depressed at times, especially when we're all together and there's only seven of us; instead of eight.

Not too mention when we do things that couples normally do. She says she's fine but I see right through her lie. I know she misses Chresanto and wants him back.

Geez.... College is right around the corner! I'm not sure if I'm ready yet. Bria's pretty nervous too. I don't know what will happen to the group..... We've already lost one person.... What if we lose another? We've all got different colleges that we want to go to.

Some are only twenty miles away but others.... Others are a thousand. Will we lose our friendship if we're thousands of miles apart? I can honestly admit that I'm scared of the real world. I'm scared of growing up and finally getting my own place.

I want to do all of this with Bria, I want her to move in with me and when we're both old enough get married and have children.

I know she's the one and I'm going to try my best to not mess things up with her, because I need her in my life. She's the mother to my unborn children, my soon to be wife... She's my soul mate.

Wow, listen to me! I can't believe I've grown so much in the past year. I went from being the boy who let his past mess with his present. The boy who got angry when people used his mistakes against him. The boy who agreed to play a game of truth or dare. It's been a long and bumpy ride .... And to think, I've got more to experience in my life. I've got a lot ahead of me.

Maybe I'm not so bad after all. Maybe I'm not bad for dating Willow Jhonson, or letting her mess with my head. Maybe I'm not so bad for making mistakes, or agreeing to play that game of truth or dare.... Because after all.... It was just a game.

Sincerely, 

Jacob Perez 

_____________________________________________________________________________________And there it is! It is now over, this is the last chapter. 

Love,

Me