Chapter Forty: Ten buck my dad cries more then my mom when I tell them.

"Alex what am I supposed to do?" I said worriedly. I paced around the kitchen in a nervous state and Alex just sitting down eating all the food in my fridge isn't helping.

"Could you please stop eating and help me think please." I said, as I began to get even more frustrated. He stood up from the table and grabbed my shoulders.

"You need to calm down first of all. I know Tate almost as much as I know you and there is no way he could possibly stay mad at you forever especially when you are about to go to an amazing college. So stop pacing in your kitchen, go over to his house, and make up." he explained to me. He was right though, I had just had to build up the courage and go over to his house.

"Thanks Alex." I said hugging and grabbing my keys from the table.

"No problem princess, let me know how the make up sex is." he winks at me and I roll my eyes. I figured he would let himself out probably after he eats even more then already had. I run out the door and into my car. I immediately drove to Tate's house and knocked on his door, trying not to hit to hard because of the anxiety I was feeling at the moment. I was hoping Tate would open the door but it was Calum with Claire holding onto his leg until she saw me and came and hugged me.

"Charlie!" she giggled. I picked her up in my arms real quick.

"Wow you're getting so big. Are you taller then Tate yet?" I asked. She was actually calming down my nerves with her laughter and happiness.

"No not yet. Why are you here? Tate's not home." she told me. If he wasn't home then where would he possibly have gone?

"Oh well I had to tell Tate something really important so if you don't mind I'm gonna go and look for him. But if he comes back can you call me, and be my little spy?" I said, placing her back on the ground. She nodded and ran back inside probably to go grab toys and pretend to be a spy. I got back into my car and just started to drive, even though I really didn't know where I was going, but then I realized something. Whenever Tate was stressed he would always come to me but that wasn't really a option but he would definitely go somewhere that reminded him of me and there was one place that I knew he would go. I pulled up to the giant tree where Tate had kissed me for the very first time. I didn't say anything as I climbed up to where he was sitting.  He didn't say anything to me as looked out.

"I come here when I'm stressed too and you're not around to help me." I said but no response.

"But I like being with you more then coming to this tree, I like you actually kissing me instead of just remembering it." I said and waited for him to say something, and I thought he never would. When I was about to ask him to please talk to me, he said something.

"That's all you will get though, just memories of me kissing you and hugging you. When you leave Sydney... when you leave me. Why didn't you even tell me? I thought we were honest with each other." he said looking at me with a sad expression on his face that broke my heart into millions of pieces.

"Tate I was going to tell you I promise, but I guess I just forgot and never did I think I would get in Julliard, it just happened I guess." I tried to explain as tears ran down my face. I hated him looking at me like I was a stranger.

"Stop looking at me like I'm someone you don't even recognize cause that scares me Tate. All of this scares me. If you don't want me to go to New York, I won't just don't look at me like that." I said, breaking down.

"Hey, you are not a stranger to me. You are Charlie Bethany Hemmings, the girl I have been in love with since we were kids even if I didn't realize it until later in life. You are the girl I am always going to love till the day I die, even if you are in New York, or on the Moon. Nothing will change that." he said whipping away me tears.