Chapter Twenty-three: Wow that went the total opposite way I expected

The weekend went by fast with me just basically being lazy and sleeping around all weekend. Now it was Monday and Tate was picking me up. I wondered why I never just drove myself to school. I could drive but it just never really happened. I got into the car and Tate had look as if he hadn't slept. Exactly how he looked on that day.

"Stop the car ." I suddenly. I was not going through this bullshit again. He listened to me and pulled off to the side.

"Why did we have to stop?" he asked.

"Don't play with me. I can tell you haven't slept, its always obvious with you Tate. Now tell me what's wrong and or I swear to god I will take your car keys and you will never drive this car again.

"Well damn. I'm fine I was just up all night working on some project." he said. I could tell he was lying immediately.

"You're lying. I know you Tate you wouldn't even bother to go to school and then call me to come over and cut with you. So I suggest you try it again." I crossed my arms in front of my chest. He gulped as if he was trying to hide something.

"Charlie it's fine just let it go." he said. I snapped once the words came out of his mouth.

"I'm sick and tired of people saying that to me! Why is it such a bother for me and try and help people that I love. But you know what I'm done with helping people. You want be miserable be my guest." I said grabbing my bag from the floor and getting out of the car.

"No Charlie don't go." he chased after me. Tears ran down my face as I walked away from the car, but I stopped.

"Why is it always my fault when I'm just trying to help you. I hate it Tate. I hate feeling as if your not telling me everything or that you don't want to tell me everything cause it's my fault." I cried and sat on the curb.

"I'm so sorry Charlie. This all my fault I just want to keep you safe." he said sitting next to me.

"That's exactly it! Protect me from what because last time I checked I don't have any bounty on me. You're acting like my father, always saving me from things that have never once been a threat." I exclaimed.

"I-I" he shuddered.

"Tate just tell me, what your hiding from me. I can't be friends with someone that continually lies to me and claims they're helping me." explained.

"You will hate me either way." he sighed.

"Tate I can never hate you, no matter how many times you fuck up we've known each other since birth and nothing will change that." I said placing my hand on his cheek.

Tate's POV

She placed her hand on my cheek and I almost fainted. I had no choice now, I had to tell her what I really hurt her on that day. I sighed and looked directly in her eyes.

"The day that I... hurt you. I lied about why I did it." I explained. Her hand dropped from my face and my cheek was suddenly cold.

"How so?" she asked. My words got caught in my throat.

"The night before Aidan and Madison suddenly showed up at my house...'" I trailed off not wanting to finish my sentence.

"Okay and?" she said with a confused look on her face.

"Madison was all pissed that I broke up with her and that I was suddenly with you. She said that if I didn't break up with you that she would ruin everything for you. At first I didn't believe her and thought she was lying but then that's where Aidan came in. They explained how he would be able to turn everyone against you in a second and ruin high school. They somehow knew where you were applying to college and was going to ruin that as well Aidan's uncle is the head of RCA and I knew that was where you had dreamed of going so I couldn't let him stop that from happening. I just wanted to make sure your future wouldn't be harmed by my stupid feelings." I finished. She looked at me with hurt in her eyes and my heart broke.

"So all this time it was because they threatened you? Not because you didn't feel anything for me. Just because they were going to plan a few pranks on me?" she almost snapped.

"It wasn't just pranks it was shaming. They had everything planned and I knew all of it was going to ruin going to college. I didn't want that for you even if meant I couldn't be with you." I tried to explain. She would never understand though. She is going to hate me

"Why didn't you tell me?' she said in a calmer voice then I expected.

"Cause if they found out that I told you they would do it anyway and breaking your heart a little was better then you finding out at the time." I looked down at the gravel ground. She started crying again and my heart broke all over again. She hates me and will never talk to me again and its all my fault.

"Oh Tate." she cried and hugged me. I was shocked at her sudden touch.

"Wait your not mad?" I asked. She pulled away and looked at me. Her face red and swollen exactly how it was the other night.

"How could I hate you Tate? You gave up your happiness so I could have a future. I understand what you did and why you didn't tell me." she said.

"Wow that went the total opposite way I expected." I said itching the back off my head.

"Your so stupid sometimes." she slightly laughed.

"I know." I sighed. I looked up at her finally and her puffy red cheeks were formed up into a smile. I felt as if I had one more thing I had to tell her. I knew exactly what it was.

"I love you." I finally said.

"Tate I love you too." she said but not the way I meant it. As if she was saying it to a friend.

"No Charlotte I love you. Not like as a best friend love. Like a love as in me wanting to hug you and kiss you and tell you that you're beautiful cause you are. And I've spent moths trying to forget that but I can't when I see you everyday and when you were with Alex I hated knowing that I couldn't be with the one person on this planet that can always make me smile and laugh. So I love you Charlie more then you will ever know." I finally said. I said it all everything that I had bottled up inside knowing I couldn't admit it for the life of me. There was only one thing left to do. It was stupid and risky but what else did I have to lose.

I put my hands on both hands on her cheeks and pulled her lips to mine. Her sweet soft lips finally on mine after so long and I felt like I never wanted to let go. She moved her lips with mine and then pulled away.

"Tate...I love you too." she said. This time though it was sincere like the way I always wanted her to say it. It was perfect.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey guys I hope you liked this chapter. I couldn't wait for this to happen and this ties everything together. I worked hard on this chapter I just hope you guys liked it. Luv you guys!!!!

-allytheo