Chapter Five: Dont fucking do it.

It was now Thursday and the week had gone by so slow. I couldn't wait for the weekend to come and I could just relax. I got dressed into a black tank top with gold buttons going down it and a denim jacket over it. Then dark green pants with combat boots. I went out into the kitchen to see my parents sitting at the table.

"Morning." I said.

"Morning." my dad said.

"Oh Michael called he wanted to know if you could watch Mathew Saturday night?" my mum stated.

"Yeah sure I don't mind." I said. I heard a car horn beep from outside.

"Bye." I said, grabbing my bag and heading out the door. I got into the passenger seat of Tate's car.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey" he said. He started to drive to the school but took a wrong turn.

"Um Tate school is that way." I stated pointing in the opposite direction.

"I know. We aren't going to that shit hole today." he said.

"Fine then where are we going?" I asked.

"It's a surprised." he gave me a smirk.

"I don't know if I'm comfortable with that"

''Just trust me." he said

"Fine." I rolled my eyes at him

"Oh and put this on." he said handing me one of his beanies.

"Why?" I said while putting it on. Without saying anything else he pulled the beanie over my eyes.

"Cause what's a surprise if you can just see where we are" he giggled.

"You're an ass." I said in a muffled tone caused by the beanie covering my face. I sat like that for a while until I felt the car stop.

"We're here." he said.

"Can I take this stupid hat off now?' I said.

"Hold on let me help you out of the car first." he said. I waited for him to come around to my side and help me down.

"Okay you can take it off now." he said. I slid the hat up on my head, and saw what was the big surprise. It was a huge tree with branches hanging everywhere. It looked out onto a clear lake.

"How did you find this place?" I said in shock.

"Well after I left your place on Monday I wanted to clear my head so I just kept driving and I came across this place."

"Well come on lets go climb it." I said, grabbing him be the hand and running towards it. I was the first one to hop up and start climbing. Eventually I got to a branch that gave me a perfect view of the lake. Tate sat next to me.

"This is great." I said.

"Yeah. I figured we could both use a day off from school." he said.

"Thanks." I said nudging him with me elbow.

"No problem." he said. I looked at him directly at him. For some reason I felt so safe right now. Lately my life has been a shit storm but through it all he was there. I don't know what I was feeling right now but I couldn't help but feel like I felt something more for Tate. I know it was supposed to be impossible and I know I was probably crazy but I felt so different around him now.

Tate's POV:

The day I broke up with Madison I was really thinking about my feelings towards Charlie. I know it might sound insane but I just couldn't shake the feelings. I looked into her bright blue eyes, as she wore me beanie. I knew I would never be able to shake me feelings for her but I knew that if I acted on them she would never feel the same way. But right now I didn't care about all of that. I just loved how I was sitting there with her.