Chapter Twenty-Six: Yeah he had always been your best friend

Tate's POV:

I never thought I was going to die this young. As Charlie's dad walks up the stairs I feel me heart stop as I froze in the kitchen. I feel as if he's going to blame me, and I wouldn't be surprise. I peeked out my head from the kitchen to see what he was going to do.

"Charlotte." he dropped all the papers he was holding and his guitar case from his back and ran to her.

"Hey daddy." she offered him and smile through her swollen face after crying.

"What happened to you?" he said frantically looking at her.

"Some guy grabbed me on my way home from school." she looked down at the floor as if she was going to cry again. It broke me to see her like this. I loved her so much and I'm the reason she is hurt like this. I decided to stop hiding in the kitchen and give Charlie the rag. I walked out h and handed it to her without saying anything.

"Tate found her and brought her here." Charlie's mum said.

"What happened to you son?" her dad asked. He was probably talking about my now forming black eye.

"Just kids at school. I'm fine though." I said, making him have his attention all on Charlie.

"Tessie we need to talk. Charlotte can you go with Tate into your room." her dad said. She nodded and I followed her into her room. She laid with me with her head on my chest.

"I'm so sorry Charlie. This is all of my fault." I whispered. She picked her head up and looked right at me.

"Don't you dare. Don't blame yourself. I told you I love you for a reason, because I was willing to make every sacrifice I could to be with you. I love you Tate this is not your fault." she said in a soft tone, then leaned up and kissed me. Then there was a knock at the door. She immediately sat up.

"Come in." she said looking down at her hands. Her mum opened the door.

"Just checking on you. Tate your dad called he's wondering where you are. He said you had to babysit your little sister tonight." she said.

"Oh yeah I forgot. I should go, call me later okay." I said to Charlie and put my hand a on her back. She nodded. I got off her bed and said goodbye to her mum then left.

Charlotte's POV:

I sat there still with my mum in doorway as I played with my hands. I really hope she didn't hear any of that.

"Are you okay love?" my mum asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah I'm fine. Just a little shaken up after everything but I'll be okay." I reassured her.

"You're lucky a friend like Tate was there to help you." she said, emphasizing the word friend. She heard everything oh god. I can't go on in life I'm doomed to live an endless loop of embarrassment.

"Yeah..." I trailed off.

"Yeah he had always been your best friend." she said. There she goes again emphasizing the same word but even more this time.

"Mum what are you trying to do?" I said even though I knew the answer to that question.

"Trying to get you to admit to me that you're in love with Tate." she said bluntly. My heart dropped and I suddenly couldn't breathe.

"What? Your funny mum. Me and Tate of course not." I said in a high pitched tone.

"You've definitely got my lying skills. Don't worry I won't tell your dad but you'll eventually have to." she said.

"Yeah remember last time I did that?" I rolled my eyes.

"He's just trying to protect you. He's your dad we are talking about here. The same guy refused to put you down at a shop. The same man that put bubble wrap on you when he was teaching you how to ride a bike and the same man that refuses to except that his little girl is growing up and now he's gonna do it all over again with your little sibling." She said putting her hand over her stomach.

"Yeah your fucked." I said talking to her stomach as she laughed.

"I heard you guys talking about me and laughter so I had to come check it out." my dad came and sat next to my mum on the bed.

"We were just explaining how protective you are." my mum said.

"I'm not that protective, I just worry." he sighed.

"Yeah right. When we were at an award show when Charlotte was five I had to stop you from practically ripping a reporters face off when he got a little close to her." she explained.

"Okay that guy was an idiot anyway." he said as an argument. I kept remembering all the red carpet appearances as a little kid. Once a vma's I refused to let go of my dad's hand when he won an award I went up with him and his whole band.

"Okay maybe I was a little over protective but what do you expect me to do, just allow her to get hurt." he laughed.

"No I expect you to let her live a little, and not almost attack every guy she brings might bring home." she squinted her eyes at him.

"I don't do that to every guy. I like Tate he's nice." he explained. I smiled a little at his comment.

"Oh okay. Charlotte take notes." she joked around.

"Well I'm hungry. Can we order pizza?" I said changing the subject.

"Yes please." my dad groaned. This is what I lived for. Any girl can say that they have a over protective dad but not many can they that they have a over protective dad that is in the band 5 Seconds of Summer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey guys so now Tessa knows about her and Tate. What do you think? I just want to say thank you so much for all the support. I love you guys!!!!

-allytheo_