Chapter 8 - He affects me.

''Soha...shall die''
My heart thudded as I registered what he said. It seems like Manik actually did kill Soha. But why would he have done it? I need to find out.

Exhaustion slowly took over my brain and body and my eyes drooped. This can wait till tomorrow....

---------

I tried moving to stretch out my limbs, but something on my stomach prevented me from moving freely. I opened my eyes lazily and was immediately captured by the sight. Manik was using my tummy as a pillow and his hands were wrapped protectively around me. He looked just like a little kid, his hair messily covering his forehead and his mouth slightly open as he snored gently, all the while clinging on to me. I stared at him, adoring his face until the statement he uttered last night came back to me. I jerked and moved erratically under him. He groaned, annoyed at being disturbed and opened his eyes.

''Manik, move..'' I huffed and he instantly drew back his hands and got up, looking away from me.

''You... get nightmares?'' I asked, even though I knew the answer. ''Umm.. What?! No.. I..don't think I do'' he replied, running his fingers through his hair.

''You did get them last night. And you said something about... Soha?!'' I said in a low voice. I knew I was pushing my luck, but I hoped he would give some explanation.

''Soha.. What did I say?'' Manik panicked when I mentioned her name.

''You were just repeating her name over and over again.. I had to calm you down'' I replied, not wanting to reveal what he said about her death because that might make him wary.

Manik suddenly reached out and grabbed my arms, digging his fingers into my skin as he glowered at me.

''I have already told you to stop being so inquisitive. WHY DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?!!'' He yelled at me.

''Manik it's hurting.. Leave my hands. I was only concerned'' I replied, hoping this excuse would work, as I winced under his painful hold.
He left my arms and pushed me away with such force that I fell on to the floor. I looked up at him and could see it in his worried expression that he didn't mean to let me fall. But that flash of concern was replaced by coldness and anger in the next moment itself. Tears pricked my eyes but I didn't allow myself to cry. He should know I'm no weakling.

''I do not require your care or concern. And from today onwards, you will not be sleeping in my room. You can get out now'' He said, looking away. I simply got up, rubbing my hurt arms and walked out. His behaviour had managed to sting me very badly and I just wanted to give him some silent treatment.

As much as I didn't want to accept, each action of Manik Malhotra had a direct effect on me. Why?!

--------

SPACE - Nyonika's office

''Yes, Miss Murthy. What is it you wanted to talk to me about?'' Nyonika asked as I walked in.

''Soha. Soha Khurana. Is there something I should be knowing about this girl for my case?'' I directly confronted her.

Nyonika's face drained off any colour as I mentioned Soha's name and she gulped. ''Why are you asking? How do you know about her?'' She asked.
''Ms Malhotra, I am staying at Manik's place now. And last night.. He kept mentioning this girl's name. I wanted to see if you knew anything susbstantial about her.'' I asked, looking confidently into her nervous eyes.

''What?! Why are you staying at his place? You should move out immediately.. Its not right'' She squabbled.

''I have obeyed you all along, but Maam this is my job. Let me handle it the way I want to for now. Please tell me about Soha'' I responded.