Chapter 1 - Losing Control

He had stopped his bike beside me. ''What are you doing here at this time of the night?'' He asked me, in his husky voice, that could make one go weak in the knees.

''I.. I was dropped by my cab here , but I broke my heel and can't go further.. And there's no network here too. I just wanna go to the Golden Rose which is a little ahead'' I replied, trying to sound as helpless and desperate as possible, exactly opposite of what my real personality was. In reality, if one of my heel broke as such, I would break the other one too without any qualms and walk till my destination.

''Come with me'' he plainly replied, smirking. That smirk annoyed me, nevertheless I meekly nodded. It actually surprised me that he accepted my reasoning so easily - You gotta be smarter than this Mr Malhotra. I suppressed my glee.
I limped upto him, and slid on to his bike, clutching his waist for support as he started riding. For some reason, this proximity with him made my heart beat faster, but I had to remember the ruling - Keep your heart aside, while at work.
In some time, I noticed the Golden Rose had passed by and we were going much ahead of it. Where on earth was he taking me?!
''Umm.. Excuse Me. We've left the club behind'' I tried telling him, despite the wind beating at my face. He gave me no response, completely ignoring me.

After some time, we reached a large villa, that I knew to be his house. He got me to his house?!!
''W-Where have you bought me?'' I asked him, despite knowing.
''As if you don't know. It's my house Baby-girl'' he responded. The way he said 'Baby-Girl' increased my palpitations but I ignored it. I offered him a baffled look instead. He just chuckled and picking me up, took me inside.
I kicked hard and screamed ''Put me down immediately, you bloody jerk!!''.
He dropped me, once we were inside. I looked around. The house had modern and minimalistic interiors, much to my liking.
''Woah, wild-cat, you are, Huh?!'' He asked me with an amused expression.
I turned my attention once again to him, and snapped ''Why have you bought me here?''
''Please don't put up this facade infront of me. Don't think I haven't noticed you following me around college everyday.'' He replied , and taking off his jacket, flopped on to the couch. My eyes widened immediately, and I followed him, limping and mumbling ''I d-don't know w-what you're talking about''. Damn! I should have known a criminal as experienced as him would be very observant.

''Baby girl..You know exactly what I'm taking about! Don't pretend'' He exclaimed and pulled me on to the couch. I fell right into his arms and he looked directly into my eyes. I immediately got lost in his stunning, deep eyes that seemed to be looking right into my soul. I could feel his heart-beat synchronising with mine.

''For the past few days, I've noticed you following me around. And today you've finally got what you wanted - my attention. Isn't that why you've done all this drama and worn these sexy clothes?'' He asked, and then chuckled, imitating me ''I broke my heel and can't go further''.
I tried moving away, but his grip was way too tight. So that is what he thinks. That I'm vying for his attention. He's so full of himself. But thank heavens for his ego, else I would have gotten myself into one sticky situation.

''You're so wrong. I wasn't trying to get your attention..'' I firmly replied.
''Really?''
''Yes''
''Really?'' He repeated, his voice a husky whisper, this time bringing his face extremely close to mine, his lips just inches away. My breath got hitched and it felt like there was a wad of sand lodged in my mouth. I don't know how he managed to play havoc with my senses each time . His long fingers started rubbing circles on the back of my bare waist, sending chills down my spine. I could take it no more. I had completely lost control. I grabbed his face and slammed my lips hard onto his. I could feel him smiling as he began responding with equal fervour to my kiss. His lips were surprisingly soft and warm in contrast to his other sharp,hard features. He sucked vigorously on my lower lip and I did the same with his upper lip. Our tongues fought for dominance and I fisted his hair passionately. Soon, need for air made us break apart. I left his mouth and panted, my face flushed from all the sensations I just experienced.

It was one heck of a kiss. I have been in two relationships before but I've never felt all these sensations and strong passion during a kiss. I was clean-bowled.

He smiled knowingly at me. ''I so knew it'' He stated cockily, though his face was quite flushed too.
I never thought things will go this far.
His cocky expression and my own inability to resist the guy, angered me beyond limits and I got up, pushing away his hands with full force. I threw my heels on the floor and stormed out bare-footed. He shouted at my back ''We'll meet in college tomorrow, baby girl.. To finish what's left, you know? '' .

I ignored him and called up my uncle's driver to pick me up , once outside. I reached home in a huff. Mukti, My uncle's only daughter was waiting for me. She was of my age, and was the closest person to me. She was bold, bratty and changed boy-friends like clothes and was currently studying journalism. I kept absolutely nothing from her.

''So..How did it go?'' She asked me excitedly.
''He ended up taking me to his house and I lost control and kissed him. It's a good thing I walked out instantly, else God knows what my messed up hormones would make me do further.'' I summarized, stamping my feet indignantly.
''Woah, lucky girl!! From the pictures I've seen, that guy is one hottie.. You should have taken things further with him, Nandz'' She responded casually and I glared at her.
''This is my work, Mukti. I can't just 'take things further' with that criminal. Are you crazy?'' I asked her, with a tone of disbelief.
''But, maybe that's the way you can get to know more about him. You yourself say, he is reserved and doesn't make friends easily. So, isn't it a good thing he is physically attracted to you? You can get full access to his home and inturn his secrets'' She replied. As much as I wanted to disagree, the girl had a point.
I probably should have stayed behind, instead of letting my anger get the better of me.
''Well... He has offered to finish up what's left in college tomorrow'' I stated, shrugging. ''That's my girl!!'' Mukti shouted and hi-fived me. I smiled at her childish excitement.
I then changed into my night-clothes and as I slid into my bed, I kept replaying the kiss and what it did to me. His touch had an effect on me like nothing I've ever felt before. ''Keep your heart and hormones aside'' I whispered sternly to myself in the darkness.