I shrugged.

"Well, he was kind enough to come today, and have us gathered as a family.. To pray."

"You brought me here to pray?"

"Anthony, hear me out. Hear us," she motioned towards my relatives "out. We want the best for you Anthony. I'm now realizing how I reacted when you told me about your issue was way out of line. And I apologize for that, I didn't mean any hurtful thing I said. So, I spoke to pastor and he suggested as a Christian woman, I shouldn't hate you for your abomination. But I should pray for and with you to cast that evil spirit out of your body. So please, let us pray for you. And as for him, I don't know what he's done to you. I don't know whether he's to blame or whether we should do him a favor too. But let that figure itself out. So may we all join our hands in prayer?"

She closed her eyes and held her hand out for mines.

"Man fuck outta here. You not about to sit here and force me to pray about shit. If y'all feel y'all need to pray for me, do it. But I'm not doing it with you."

She gasped. "Anthony! How dare you talk like that?"

"How dare I? 'Anthony how dare you' what? Nobody's stopping you from praying for me. If you think what I'm saying to you right now is the act of the devil, pray for me. If you think it's the act of Cameron, pray for me. But yo' ass gon feel dumb when it don't do shit."

She was crying at this point, and I hate to see my moms cry, but there's only so much annoyance a person can take. And I never have and never will hold back what's on my mind.

"Wow. Kids now days have no respect for their mother, can't even see when a good thing is trying to be done. No one is against you son, we're against the abomination you're committing. We're against that demon in you, whosoever or whatsoever it is. Nobody's trying to hurt you. We love you, but you're taking that love as something so much different." That uncle guy said.

"Nigga, I barely know you. Got no business to be speaking on some 'we love you' shit or anything about what I do." I snapped.

"You haven't opened your mouth not once boy, what's on your mind?" This big lightskin lady spoke to Cameron.

Poor Cameron didn't even know what to say.

"God gave you a mouth so use it!"

"Nothing..." He said.

"Iight, think that's all. I'm gon be on my way. Ma, I love you but don't reach out to me if you don't want to have a real conversation with me or something." I walked out the room and Cameron followed close behind me. When we got outside I was stopped by my mom.

When I looked at her she slapped me. "You embarrassed the hell out of me!" She said with tears on her cheeks.

"I know, shit is called life. Everything isn't gonna go your way."

"I want my son back.." She said.

"This always been me, lately you just been pushing me to the point that you never saw on a regular." I shrugged.

She was quiet. "Love you ma, we leaving now."

I walked down the steps and me and Cameron got into the car.