Chapter 10

Chapter 10

(a/n) SURPRISE!!!

Michael had to wait until the next morning to spill the news about his confusing dream, and the anxiety was eating him alive. He had been so certain that someone was in trouble, but he was starting to doubt himself. Maybe he just had an overactive imagination. Plenty of people had nightmares, but they didn't actually mean anything. What made his so special?

Ashton and Calum met up with him under the big pine tree, and this time they had Luke with them. He looked more tired, more gaunt, but he smiled and waved when he saw Michael. The guitarist wondered if Apollo's jerky kids were bothering him.

"What's the big news, Michael?" Calum asked, sitting next to him on the grass. Ashton and Luke did the same.

"This is going to sound stupid, but you have to hear me out," he said. He took a deep breath and began, "I had a dream a couple nights ago, and it was... interesting, to say the least."

He told them what happened, and they listened intently. They didn't seem as disturbed by it as he was, and that irritated him. Couldn't they see that this was clearly upsetting him? What should they do?

"It sounds like you only had a bad dream, Mikey," Calum said.

"Yeah, I know, but it means something," the other boy insisted. "I don't have a great imagination, how could I think up something like that?"

"I agree with Cal," Ashton said with a shrug. "It was just a nightmare, nothing more. You can probably get some sleeping pills or something at the infirmary if you want."

Michael groaned. "You guys aren't listening to me! Somebody's in trouble, and we have to figure out who!"

"How are you so certain?" Calum demanded. "How do you know that someone's in trouble? All you told us is that these two dudes were talking about using somebody. That's nothing new. It's probably not that bad."

Michael huffed. "Why do I even try? You guys never believe me."

"Talk to someone if you feel the need," Ashton said, standing. "You have your mental health to think about. We want to help you, but we're not professionals. You should talk to Chiron or somebody."

The guitarist glared at him. "I'm not insane, and I don't need that kind of help! Why won't you guys just listen to me?"

Calum rolled his eyes. "You're getting worked up over nothing. This was a waste of my time. I'm going to be late for my training with Louis. Come on, guys."

Ashton followed him down the hill, but Luke stayed put. He and Michael got to their feet, and the latter scowled after his friends. Why didn't they believe him? He was so sure that his dream meant something!

"I think that I believe you, Mikey," Luke said.

"You think?" Michael echoed, but relief coursed through him.

"Yeah. I used to have nightmares before camp, about these horrible creatures that wanted to hurt me. Now that I've moved into the Apollo cabin, I don't have them anymore. But I still remember."

"Do you think that they mean something?" Michael asked.

Luke frowned thoughtfully, gazing at the ground. "What? Well, I know that they wanted to hurt me, but that's it. Mine didn't predict the future or whatever-it-is yours is doing."

The guitarist bristled. "I'm trying to figure it out, don't put a label on it so quickly."

"Alright, sorry," the other boy said quickly. He glanced at Michael and said almost sympathetically, "Hey, do you want to get a snack at the pavilion or something? We can talk about your Ares relations."