Special #5: Colorful Kingdoms (AU)

Start from the beginning

"Miss Sharrar? What are you really? I know you're not just an ordinary girl." I tended at his question. He's perceptive. Shifting a little, I looked at him and said, "I'm just a mere traveler who has a business in Yreaf, Vryia." He looked at me with those apathetic face before nodding. It made me smiled that he's not just a perceptive King (or Prince) but as well as a trust seeking one. A good trait.

Just then, I heard a shout from a distance. It only meant one thing. Bandits.

"Stay right here Miss Sharrar."
"I'll fight. No need to worry about me."

I unsheathed my sword and waited for the bandits. There was a horde of them.  Tetsuya grabbed his sword and prepared for the attack. One of the nasty looking bandit glanced at me with hunger. Why me!? Argh! This lustful bastards. Ahem! Excuse me for my language.

"You two! Give us your treasures! And might as well add yourself girl. If you want to live that is." I inwardly smirked at his attempt to scare me so I feigned to be a damsel in a distress.

"P-Please don't hurt us! My fiancé and I just want to go back to Yreaf. Please let us a pass through."
"Huh!? As if girly. Get 'em!"

Sighing, I raised my sword and prepared for a blood bath. Slashing the stomach of one, blood splashed in front of my face, then another to the other two. Tetsuya seemed to be handling his own so while he was not looking, I casted a spell in a whisper.

"Sharlah Harlrefa." A barrage of sands smacked the bodies of half the bandits rendering them unconscious and seriously injured. It was just a simple but dangerous spell so I rarely use it. I was not the most perceptive person ever so I didn't notice the man who was about to strike me. It was like time slowed for me and I almost, ALMOST, saw my life flash before me. Tetsuya stood between us and deflected the sword.

"Antamrya Sfaire." That's when the wind picked up harshly and blew the men away from us. The bandits were gone yet I can still feel myself shake from the earlier experience. 'I shouldn't have let my guard down.' Mentally scolding myself, I tried to gather myself and move back to our track.

"Are you alright Miss Sharrar?"
"I-I'm fine. Getting rusty t'was all." I was about to leave when he pulled my arm softly.

"You're too shaken to move. How about you rest for a while? I'll just check our supplies."
"But—"
"We can reach Yreaf in the evening. It's not that far."

I slumped in defeat and looked up. It was surely still early but I know better than to underestimate what he said. We might reach Yreaf by morning tomorrow. Suddenly, a ringing sound crossed my mind. It was my brothers.

"Sharrar? Are you alright?"
"Yeah... Just a little shaken up. Almost died earlier."
"You should be more careful you know."
"I know. Just...leave me be for awhile please. I want to organize my self."

I stared blankly at the desert while I hold my staff tightly. It gave me a little comfort. After organizing my self, I told Tetsuya that we can travel again. Oh and look here, there's this tension between us now. Too much that I can't handle it.

"Is there something wrong Vryia?"
"You're a magician." I scratched my cheeks sheepishly before nodding. That's one thing I can't deny.

"Yeah. Yreaf is just a passing point actually. I was told to go there."

He didn't say anything after that. It was another quiet moment.

•Ytrea's POV•

"Ne~ Daikicchi! Let's stop for awhile! I'm so tired!" The blonde Prince whined. Argh...my headache is getting worse now.