Promise-Mayuzumi Chihiro

"Chihiro! Morning!" You greeted the white-haired third year. He just looked at you and nodded slowly.

Surprisingly, you were in a great mood unlike yesterday and it confused him. He just thought that maybe you received something good or done something good in the morning.

"You look so happy today. What happened?" He asked. You grinned at him and just skipped your way towards school. After you placed our outdoor shoes and wore your indoor ones, you head towards the classroom and sat on your chair which was beside the window. Your classmates were bewildered with how cheerful you were considering you got into your mode yesterday due to planning the school festival.

'What the hell happened to (Last name)-san? She's too happy!' They all thought. Mayuzumi saw this and just shrugged his shoulder off. You might be his friend since middle school but there are times where he couldn't figure you out.

'Hm. I hope he remembers! Today is the day!' You thought. You stared outside and hummed a soft tune which Mayuzumi fairly remembers.

~Lunch Time~

"I'm going to see Akashi-kun today Chihiro so go and eat without me!" You yelled as you go towards the first year classroom. Mayuzumi had an irritated twitch on his face but soon calmed down and went to the rooftop to eat quietly.

You, on the other hand, searched for the red emperor. You wanted to ask him if he could excuse Mayuzumi today since it's special.

"Whatever is the reason (First name), he still needs to practice." He said firmly. You didn't back down and asked him again but this time with bribery and you don't know if it'll work.

"Okay but for an hour only. If you agree...I...I will be the team's manager and co-coach for a week. I'll help you with all the things you need and to strategize and collect information. How's that?" You asked hopefully. Akashi thought about it for a second before agreeing but you could see the evil smirk on his face.

'Just great. I feel like I sold my soul to a devil.' You sweatdropped.

~After Class~

"Does he even remember it?" You thought out loud. You wandered through the hallway and met Mayuzumi along the way. You two talked about things like the past, basketball and any current gossips though it seemed like you were the only one playing the role.

"Let's go. I still have practice."
"After this, let's go somewhere?" You suggested. He looked before saying that their practice is for 3 hours and most likely, it would be night time by then. You grinned at him and said that you already asked Akashi about it. Once he knew that the emperor agreed, he looked at you quizzically.

"He agreed to let you practice for an hour already in exchange for my time in my own club. I told him that I'll be there as manager and co-coach for a week." You said truthfully. You were skilled at analytical thinking and skimming out information that's why Akashi wanted you to be on their team.

"I see. Why is that you're persistent about today huh?" He asked.
"You don't remember? You're mean." I said. 'Guess he forgot about it. I wonder if I show something to him, will he remember it?'

"Seriously, what are you hiding?"
"I ain't hiding anything. Just remember what is it today."

You walked further while the other one thought about what you said. He tried to decipher them but he couldn't.

'What's up with today?'

'He doesn't remember...' You looked down but just smiled it over. Guess it didn't matter now. You told him to just forget it and with that, you quickly went home and prepared your assignments. Soon, you were done and wanted to have some freshen up. You ran the hot water in the tub and stayed there thinking about the thing that was supposed to happen today.

"I like him yet why is he so oblivious with things!? Not even Hayama-san is this dense! I hate it..." You looked down for the mean time and just stared at the ceiling.

~Mayuzumi's POV~

"What was it that was supposed to happen today?" I thought grudgingly. I tried to remember a thing but all I could remember was the game and the stupid orders in the basketball team.

"I hate it when I can't remember things." I murmured. That's when I remember something and that was about a promise long ago.

"Damn. Don't tell me it's that it?" I sighed and looked at my ceiling. Well, I was lying in my bed just staring into space. 'I must have upset her. But what do I really feel about her? Do I like her?'

'Do you like her?'

'I don't know.'

'But you cared about her too much.'

'I know.'

'Then maybe you're growing feelings for her considering you got jealous earlier when she said that she's going with Akashi.'

'Maybe I do.' I thought. Maybe I do like her but she likes me back right? I don't know. I want to know. I'm going to ask her tomorrow after class.

~Tomorrow, After class and practice~

"Sigh... It's freezing cold in here." She said as she rubbed her hands together. I pulled my scarf and set it on her neck. She looked surprised but I just stared back. Soon, her face got warm and I don't know if it's because it's cold or just because she's embarrassed.

"You alright?"
"Yeah. Just cold. Brrr."

We sat down by the river side and talked about our day. Just then, I decided to ask her something.

"Do you have someone you like (First name)?"
"Hmm? I do but I'm not going to tell you."
"I see..." Silence fell over. It was quiet but she broke it with another question.

"How about you? Is there someone that you like?"
"There is." I said unemotionally but deep inside, I hoped that she could see my emotions.

"I see..." She quickly stood up and bade me farewell. She smiled but that smile was fake. It made my heart swell in hurt. She started running when I chased her. I want to tell her.

"Don't think of anyone else (First name). You're the only person I like."
"Chihiro... I'm glad...I'm glad..." She stated crying which made me uncomfortable. She laughed lightly and kissed my cheek.

"Thank you." I couldn't help it anymore. I kissed her passionately and she gladly did the same. I was happy. I pulled out and stared at her eyes. They're really beautiful.

"(First name). Tell me that promise, is it the one when we were still in middle school. I remembered it." I said. She suddenly blushed which made me chuckle.

"Yeah, it was that." She answered blushing. I kissed her one more time but this one gently.

"I love you."

'I promise that you're going to be mine and I'm going to be yours!' He promised boldly to you.

=END=