Love Trial-Imayoshi Shoichi

It was another morning and I had to wake up early to make breakfast. I went to the bathroom and did my necessities. The reflection in the mirror caught me. There stood a girl with blonde hair, green eyes and pink lips but if you'll look closely, the eyes of the girl were swollen. It was as if she cried all night. Well she did.

"I'm an idiot, he said he's faithful? Just when I saw his phone!? You've gotta be kidding me Shoichi!" I screamed. Tears poured down and I wiped them hastily as I tried to finish changing. Going downstairs, I was met by dark corridors.

"Mom must have gone to work then brother back to university. Sigh..."
I fixed my uniform, Touo's uniform and went to cook some simple French toast. After that, I went to school. While walking, I saw Shoichi with Wakamatsu but he was on his phone again while smiling. A smile I only saw once. I tried to control my tears as I ran. The problem was I bumped to a certain person and when I opened my eyes, there below me was Momoi. She was about to yell when she saw me.

"What's wrong (First name)-chan? Did Imayoshi-san hurt you?" I clutched my heart as I told her after standing up. She was horrified with what she learned and I continued to cry.

"He's cheating on you?"
"I saw it on his phone. There was a girl he was entertaining! I'm such an idiot! Ugh!" She patted my head and hugged my trembling figure.

Soon, class started and I had to go to my class. I'm a third year of course and unfortunately, I share the same class with Imayoshi. I didn't even spare him a glance as I listened intently to the teacher. My care for him was now gone. Lunch came and Imayoshi noticed my silence. He approached me but I just walked past him before he could catch me.

"(Last name)?" I looked behind and saw Wakamatsu. He saw my eyes and his widened a bit.

"What happened to you?" He asked. I just wanted to pull out but he had a firm grip on me. I didn't want to show any weakness so I fake a smile. "I'm fine. I just saw something I shouldn't have. Hahaha." Even I cringed at how fake it sounded. I looked at him and his eyes steeled at me which made flinch. I was about to tell him when I saw Imayoshi so I ran and pulled the poor blonde with me.

"I saw his phone and he was texting another girl." He yelled incoherent words and it made me flinch so hard. He looked at me and apologized. I tried to smile and he offered me a hug which I took.

"How about a plan to show if he's really worth it? We'll make him jealous." He said. My eyes widened at the thought. There will be consequences but will it be worth it?

"Alright. I'll go with your plan. I don't know what will happen but I want to show if he's really worth it."

~The Next Day~
Plan 1: Ignore him and give attention to others

"(First name). Will you talk to me for awhile?" I ignored him and focused on Momoi who seemed to be so talkative. He tried talking to me but I ignored him. I looked at him and he seemed angry for a second.

"(First name)." I rounded up the corner and talked to Wakamatsu then went back to class.

Plan 2: Talk to a certain guy all over

"Ryo! You there?" I asked in his classroom. I was really here for something.

"Y-Yes! I'm here! I-I'm sorry! A-Ah!"
"Don't worry Ryo. I'm just here to give you the strategies coach asked me to give to you." I assured him. He smiled and nodded thanks.

Then, I went to Wakamatsu and talked to him. He made me forget the plan for a while because of his jokes and constant anger temperance.

"Really? Hahaha! I know. It's quite funny."
"Argh! It was stupid you know." He said defeatedly. I laughed again. I saw in my peripheral vision that he was looking at me. I didn't care so I would continue this. It was his fault.

~The next day~

I was walking down the corridor when I heard his voice inside a room.

"I know. She doesn't want to talk to me. I want to talk to her so bad. I may have angered her. What? Trial? No, I don't think so."

'You don't know me so well Shoichi. I'm testing you. Your Love Trial.' I thought bitterly.

Plan 3: Try to flirt only to fail (slight)

"That is charming. Hahaha! I didn't know you had that attitude Wakamatsu." He laughed at me for trying hard which turned to a pout.

"Hahaha! I'm sorry. You were just trying so hard." I looked at Imayoshi and his smile creeped me out. I flinched then he turned around.

'Damn. Why do I feel like something bad is going to happen?'

Class and practice ended then it was time to go home. I was walking down the road from the convenient store after buying ingredients for dinner. I was about to reach home when a hand pulled me to a warm hug. I squirmed and when I looked at him, it was Imayoshi with a solemn face.

"Why are you avoiding me?" He asked. I tried to play his game and said nonchalantly, "I am? I didn't notice." I was about to break out of his hold when he pulled me again.

"I'm not done yet (Last name)." He growled. "Why are you avoiding me? Flirting with Wakamatsu?" He was trying to hold his anger but to answer his question, I slapped him hard.

"You were the one flirting with someone on your phone? You didn't even tell me who it was!" I yelled. Tears flowed down my cheeks. All those hurt and betrayal I felt. I cried so hard as he tried to wipe it all. He was panicking I know.

"I didn't. It was a cousin of mine." My eyes widened at his confession. I looked at him and his face was calm and smiling to me. A smile that was different from what he showed when he faced his phone.

"You may say that you're the only one who loved but I loved as well. You're the only one I cared for. I'm here at my Love Trial and I'm trying to prove myself not guilty. So please?" He begged. This was the first time I saw him do that. I cried tears of joy and nodded. He hugged me tightly an I smiled.

Is this the perfect crime? No, that just can't be right
It wasn't what we're after all this time
And looking at us, this pain that we held inside
Both fated to pass judgment on this relationship of ours

And the verdict in which I'm guilty
So what crimes will you decide to blame on me?
And till death, I will keep on saying sorry
So until that time, I will always stay by your side.

=END=

A/N: Lyrics are credited to Froggie and FlyByVictory