Always-Koganei Shinji

"Shinji?" I looked at him. Tears rolled down his cheeks as he stared back at the game. They were all doing their best to defeat Rakuzan.

"I feel so useless (First name)." He said. It made me feel angry a bit so I smacked his head hard. I glared at him when he looked back at me confused then I said, "You did your best you dummy! Look at them! Hyuuga and Kiyoshi-san are doing their best again. Then, there's Kuroko and Kagami! Don't put yourself down! The first years feel the same and I know that they've learned their lessons now." He looked at me before grinning.

"You are always there for me (First name)."
"Of course! Now that I'm in this team as manager, I'll encourage you and the others!"

He smiled at me before watching the game again. The game was so intense that I had difficulty in breathing. The second years were giving their all but it's like Akashi and the others were not affected. Just when I was about to give up, Hyuuga did something unexpected. He defeated Reo's Void.

"Sugar Honey Iced Tea! He did Shinji! It's all because of you!" I said as I hugged him. He too was grinning. I pulled back before helping Riko eight r water. I though about how these guys changed in a short amount of time.

The trio first years who seemed to be scaredy cats, now, they're one of the trusted newbies. Kuroko and Kagami who brought light to the team. Tsuchida who assisted Shinji and Mitobe. Then there's Izuki, Hyuuga and Teppei who lead the team. Riko as a great coach as well! I'm really grateful to meet such a wonderful team.

"(First name)?"
"Hmm?" Shinji was looking at me but I just smiled. Then I remembered how Shinji won't stick on one club. He would always change and the last club he entered was tennis before basketball. He would always complain about being a bench player but that's where everyone starts. From nothing to something.

I watched the game and I noticed that there was something wrong with Akashi until the opposite team called for a time out. I was not paying attention properly until I heard Mayuzumi's remark which was Akashi's identity. The air suddenly shifted and when I glanced back at the emperor, he was different somehow.

"He's seems different now Shinji."
"Huh?" He looked at where I was staring and understood what I was saying. The game continued and everyone gave every ounce of their energy and finally, we won! Seirin's the champion of this year's WINTER CUP!

"We did it! Shinji! You guys did it!" He nodded before spinning me around. All of us were too much absorbed with what we were doing. I went back to my seat and watched them rejoice. That was when I noticed Mayuzumi looking at them passively. I walked up to him and chatted for awhile.

"Are you alright Mayuzumi?"
"Why'd you ask? I'm fine."
"You were blanked when he used you but you seem happier now."
"Heh. Yeah. He was different now and I can feel it." This made me smiled at him. We talked for a while before I was called back. I missed the look of a certain player though.

"Let's have some steak this time!"
"NO!" They all protested. Wow. Way to ruin my moment. Kill joys. Hmph. Shinji just laughed at my expression before going to the team. I noticed his stiff posture and I know that something's up. Mitobe just shot me and apologetic smile.

When we reached a restaurant, he was somewhat distancing himself to me. Eh? What did I do!? I was about to ask him but he avoided me by talking to Izuki and Hyuuga. I sighed sadly before finishing my food. Just as I was eating it, I received a message from mom. She was telling me to come home early saying that it's very urgent. Her tone in the message was somewhat distressed so I quickly bade the others goodbye before dashing home.

•Koganei's POV

I hate it that she was talking to him and they looked like they were having a good time. I have been in love with her and I won't exchange her for anyone else not will I let others touch her.

"...." I looked at Mitobe and he noticed my face and the way I treated her earlier. I also felt bad but I just really had to think about my feelings.
"I'm fine Mitobe. I'll...tell it to her tomorrow." He nodded in understanding before finishing his food.

•Your POV

"...." I looked down at the paper in front of me. I had to turn this one to the teachers. It's sad to say but this is where everything goes down. The teachers' nook was not that far from our classroom so I quickly delivered the letter there before dropping off towards the court. We were going somewhere today. You see, mom and dad were just suddenly called back to Italy for some business. I don't know what but with them going means that me and my siblings have to go. Clenching my fist, I forced my way to the gym before leaving them letters. I smiled bitterly as memories arose. Seirin had been my second family and is this where everything will just end!? I don't everything to end!

"I'm so stupid." I whispered to myself. I turned around and was about to go when I bumped on to a certain person I didn't expect. Tears were evident in my eyes and he started panicking.

"(First name)? Why are you crying?" I looked at him and burst into tears as I ran to him. He hugged me and I tried to explain everything to him. He was silent and I know it was difficult for him as well.

"Shinji?"
"It'll be long but I'll wait for you."
"Eh?" I was confused now then he held my cheeks before saying, "I love you (First name). I may have been a joker and always changes club during middle school but you helped me and now, I'm in basketball. You made me fall for you." I was speechless before he looked in eyes as if he was asking if he can kiss me. I giggled and nodded. The kiss was soft and full of passion and promise. Tears rolled down my cheeks as he wiped them away.

"Thank you."
"I love you."

=END=