Chapter 18

A/N: over 6K reads!! Ahhhhhhh!! Party time!! Thank you ALL sooooo much! Honestly it's amazing! Thank you so voting and commenting! Glad to know you guys like the chapter! This one is longer for you guys!

-----

"Nathan?" I asked in panic as he carried on breathing deeply and quickly.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

He shook his head before he suddenly burst out laughing. I frowned deeply as he laughed, "you are so gullible! Your face was priceless!" He laughed.

I glared at him and stood up in annoyance, "fuck you Nathan! I thought something was seriously wrong! You gave me a heart attack!" I shouted angrily. I ran a hand through my hair as Nathan stood up, still laughing.

"Great to know you care, love," he winked.

I flipped him off, "of course I care! That's my problem; I care too much and I always get hurt in the end! You really are unbelievable! How could you do that to me? I thought something was seriously wrong! I was so scared!" I yelled, feeling angry tears sting my eyes.

Nathan frowned, "it was a joke," he said slowly and walked towards me.

"Do you see anyone laughing?" I accused, "no? Because it's not funny! You really are sick in the head Nathan!"

I turned to walk away but Nathan grabbed my arm, "I'm... I'm sorry..." He said softly.

I shook my head, "sorry doesn't fix everything, you know. I know from experience," I muttered the last part quietly.

"I didn't think you cared about me," he said seriously.

I turned around and gave him a shocked look, "you think that I don't care? Nathan, I do! Why else am I stupid enough to keep coming back to you even after you hurt me," I mumbled.

He frowned, "I hurt you? You said you hated me..." He said in confusion.

"I lied, you idiot! It's what I do! I blurt out things that I don't mean," I snapped annoyed.

He let go of my arm before giving a small smile, "so you don't hate me?" He asked cheekily.

I rolled my eyes, "oh, shut up. I'm still mad. How could you do that?" I accused.

He shrugged, "you ran away from me!"

"Because you were going to force me into your car! In case you didn't notice, we had an argument earlier!" I replied.

"That was hours ago! I'm over it already," he smirked.

I rolled my eyes, "Well I'm not! Just... Just leave me alone." I pleaded.

He shook his head, "no. I can't do that."

"Why not?" I questioned.

"Because I just can't!" He snapped agitated.

I rolled my eyes, "great answer," I said sarcastically, "too bad its not a real one."

"Fine! I... Care about you as well... I like you," he muttered quietly.

I looked at him shocked, "what?"

"Not repeating it," he snapped with a small blush on his cheeks.

I smiled slightly, "thanks, I guess. But that doesn't change the fact that you are a dick, ok?" I muttered.

He gave a cheeky smile, "yet you still forgive me." He teased.

I sighed, was I stupid to forgive him again? How long would it be before he hurt me again? Would he hurt me again? Of course he would. He's Nathan Sykes, The 'Bad Boy'. I'm just going to have to be ready because no matter how much I try to deny it... I care about him.

"Sadly..." I mumbled, "you scared the shit out of me!" I accused and poked his chest.

He ran a hand through his hair, "I said sorry, didn't I? Geez woman," he snapped.

I glared at him, "like I said earlier; sorry doesn't cut it, mister! I really can't believe you!" I ranted.

"Just shut up already," he whined.

I rolled my eyes, "don't tell me to shut up! I thought there was something seriously wrong!" I yelled angrily and felt a few rain drops hit my face.

Nathan looked up at the sky, "can we talk somewhere where we won't get wet?" He asked scrunching his nose when rain hit him.

I laughed slightly, "you didn't seem to have a problem with it earlier when you left me in the rain," I said coldly.

He tensed up, "But you went to Jay," he replied just as coldly.

I frowned, "how do you know about that?" I asked in confusion.

He looked behind me before looking back at me, "let me guess, you fucked Jay? Not surprised really. Always thought you were secretly a slut." He snapped harshly. The words stung me. 

I looked at him in shock, "what? I... What?" I stuttered in disbelief.

"Don't deny it! I saw you in his clothes!" He shouted.

I frowned, "you went to Jay's? You looking for me?" I asked quietly.

He laughed, "don't flatter yourself, babe."

I glared at him, "you know what Nathan? I really can't understand you and your bloody mood swings! Are you bipolar or something? One minute you're really nice and then the next you're back to being a dick! Make up your mind, it would save me a lot of trouble! " I shouted before storming away.

"Don't turn your back on me!" He shouted annoyed.

I turned back around glaring at him, "are you seriously saying that? I should have done it ages ago!" I yelled back.

Nathan glared at me before storming up to me, "I can't stand you," he snapped angrily while breathing deeply, "but I can't stop myself from doing this." He mumbled before pressing his lips against mine.

My eyes widened in shock before they fluttered closed as his hands went to my waist. I lifted my hands up to around his neck and gripped the back of his head. Nathan suddenly pulled away and shook his head, "that shouldn't of happened. I'm... I'm sorry." He mumbled before walking back towards the car park.

I took a shaky breath as the rain came down harder. I ran a hand through my damp hair before wrapping my arms around myself. I know I shouldn't like it when he kisses me... But somehow every time he does it, I like it more. So why does it hurt so much that he pulled away?

I wiped some rain drops off my nose before taking another breath. I turned around and started walking back to campus.

"Get in," a voice shouted over the rain.

I didn't even look at the car driving alongside me. I stared straight ahead and wiped a few raindrops off my face.

"Fuck sake Lexi! Just get in before you get ill!" Nathan shouted in annoyance.

I laughed as I looked at him and stopped walking. He stopped the car, got out and walked over to me, "funny how you actually care about me. Guess what Nathan? You nearly ditched me for the second time, today!" I yelled.

He rolled his eyes, "just get in the car," he ordered.

I shook my head stubbornly, "no! You don't get to tell me what to do!" I snapped.

He chuckled before taking my arm and started pulling me to the car. I tried getting out of his grip but he pushed me against the car, "stop being so bloody stubborn!" He snapped glaring at me.

He placed his hand beside me on the car, locking me in his hold, "well then stop telling me what to do!" I replied harshly.

He shook his head before taking a deep breath, "you really are a fesity one aren't you?" he mumbled and leaned his forehead against mine.

I took a shaky breath as he moved one of his hands and laced our fingers together. He leaned forward slowly and gently grazed his lips against mine before he pulled away slightly, "lets go," he murmured, "stay at mine?" He whispered.

I just nodded my head and he pulled away. We got into the car and Nathan started the ignition.

"Are you cold?" Nathan asked.

I nodded my head and rubbed my hands together as he turned the heater on and drove to campus.

"We'll get your clothes." He murmured and stared straight ahead.

I nodded my head again, not daring to say anything. Nathan didn't say anything either until we got onto campus, "I'll help you." He mumbled and we got out of his car and walked into the dorm block. We went to my dorm. I texted Brooke saying I was staying at Nathan's and to not say anything to anyone.

I grabbed a bag and packed some clothes for tomorrow but Nathan grabbed some more and chucked them into my bag, "what are you doing?" I asked with a small laugh.

He winked when he got to my underwear drawer, "you might want to stay longer than a night," he smirked and picked up my underwear and chucked it into my bag. I blushed a deep shade of red and finished packing my clothes. I shoved some school cooks into my school bag and handed them to Nathan. Nathan rolled his eyes before we left my dorm. We went back down the flight of stairs and out to his car. He put my bags away and we got into his car.

"I'll order pizza since we didn't eat at the diner," Nathan murmured.

"Ok," I said looking out at the fat raindrops hitting the windows.

We stayed quiet for the entire ride to his house. There wasn't much to say really. We kissed and then we argued and then we nearly kissed again. 

When we got ther got out and Nathan grabbed my keys as he had given me the keys to his house. We went up the steps, trying not to get as wet as earlier. I unlocked the door and smelt cooking.

Nathan kicked the door with his foot to close it behind him.