Chapter 17

A/N: ahhhh over 5.6K reads! Thank you for reading, commenting, and voting!

-----

"How you feeling?" Jay asked as I sat up, rubbing my eyes.

I yawned, "alright. Thanks by the way, what's the time?" I asked, looking around his dorm. It was quite dark.

Jay checked his phone, "err 7pm," he replied.

I stood up quickly, "oh god. I'm so sorry! I'll just go." I said, picking up my now dry clothes.

Jay shook his head, "it's not a problem. Honestly. You are only two floors upstairs anyway." He smiled.

I nodded my head, "ok. Thanks By the way. I'll give you your clothes back tomorrow?" I said running a hand through my hair.

He nodded his head, "course. Hey, I'll walk you there, I think we're heading to the diner anyway. You up for going?" Jay asked, opening his dorm door for me.

I thought about Austin and Nathan being there. I didn't want to see them because frankly, I was scared of them. Although if I was with Jay, I would be alright, wouldn't I?

I bit my lip, "erm yeah..." I said, giving a smile.

Jay raised his eyebrow as we walked down the stairs, "you don't have to if you don't want to." He said.

I shook my head, "no it's fine... I'll be okay. Promise." I smiled as we got onto my floor.

He chuckled as we went to my dorm, "ok. I'll wait for you to change," Jay smiled and stayed outside as I went inside.

I nodded my head before closing the door and I saw Brooke straightening her hair. She stopped as soon as I walked in and placed the straighteners on the heat mat and came over to me, "are you ok? I have seen you all day! Have you been crying?" Brooke asked, concerned.

I sighed, "I'm fine... Maybe... I just had a disagreement with Nathan, don't worry about it, ok? I'm coming to the diner with Jay. Can you help me pick something to wear?" I asked.

She nodded her head, still wearing a small frown before heading over to my cupboard. I put my dirty clothes away and sat down on my bed and began brushing my wavy hair.

"Who's clothes are you wearing?" Brooke asked.

"Jay's, don't worry nothing happened. He just picked me up..." I mumbled.

"From where?" Brooke asked and picked out some clothes.

I looked down at my black painted nails, "erm Nathan and I kind of ditched today and went to the park we fell out and then he left me there in the rain..."

Brooke spun around looking shocked, "he did what? Oh my god, I'm going to kill him!" She muttered before handing me a denim skater skirt with a black plain t-shirt also a leather jacket. I put my hair brush down, "just leave it, please? It's fine. Honestly." I said smiling weakly.

Brooke sighed but said nothing else on the subject and I quickly changed into the clothes. I slipped on my converse before grabbing my phone.

"Lets go then," Brooke mumbled.

I nodded my head slightly before going outside where Jay was waiting. I handed him his clothes and he grinned, "thanks Lexi. Hi Brooke," Jay greeted as we walked down the flight of stairs.

"Hey Jay," Brooke said, texting someone.

"So, who's car are we taking? I still need to get one." I said

"Oh, erm, mine. I guess. I'm not drinking tonight." Jay laughed.

I smiled a little as we went over to his car and the three of us got in. I looked out the window not saying anything as Jay drove the car. When we arrived we all got out and I already saw Nathans car, I can't do this. I'm leaving!
Wait, yes I can- I need to show him that what he said didn't affect me. Even if it did.

I took a shaky breath and Jay and Brooke gave me a concerned look. I ignored it as we walked inside. I looked over at the table and immediately saw Sophie and Nathan kissing.

Austin looked up when we entered and gave me a small smirk as we sat down, I sat down next to Jay and Brooke with Tom, Max and Siva opposite us. The others were on the other table.

"You ok, darling?" Siva asked.

I nodded my head softly, giving a small smile, "of course I am." I lied. This was such a bad idea.

"So Lexi, I didn't see you in History this morning. Where were you?" Ben asked.

Nathan broke away from Sophie and quickly glared at me, "I err... I wasn't feeling very well..." I lied, my face flushing red.

Austin chuckled, "I was thinking, we don't really know much about you. How about you tell us about yourself? Got any siblings?" Austin asked cockily.

I glared at him, "a younger brother," I said stiffly.

"Ever had a boyfriend?" Hayley asked. Her question was asked softly and she sounded sincere. She was probably one of the nicest girls here.

I took a deep breath, "yep, but he was kind of a dick." I said giving a small smile.

"Oh he couldn't have been that bad," Austin said slowly.

I shrugged, "you don't know him. But trust me, he was a dick." I said.

"Was he really the problem, though? It could've been you," replied Austin stiffly.

"No, I really don't think it was. Can we move on from this topic? No one wants to know about me. There isn't much to know about," I said casually. Austin raised an eyebrow.

"Not much to know about, huh? Well then, it shouldn' take long to tell us then, should it?" challenged Austin.

Don't let him win. He doesn't scare you, Lexi. He doesn't scare you.

"Why do you get to ask all the questions? Got something to hide, Austin?" I challenged. I had no idea where I was going with this but I had obviously gotten somewhere judging by the look on Austin's face.

"How about we all order?" intervened Max. Austin glared at me before casually flicking through the menu. Nathan raised an inquisitive eyebrow at me but I chose to ignore him completely, much to his annoyance. I smiled internally. This wasn't too hard...

My phone buzzed and I quickly pulled it out. I had a text.

'Watch what u say sweetheart otherwise some unwanted things might 'accidently' come out of my mouth. In front of everyone -Austin'

Austin glared meaningfully and I gulped silently. Spoke too soon. I knew it was a bad idea to come here. It would be best if I left. I wouldn't have to deal with these guys and I wouldn't have to constantly watch what I said. But how did he get my number? Geez are people just giving it out?

"I've forgotten to do some work that's due in tomorrow... I'm gonna need to do it now so I'm gonna go. Bye guys," I lied. I stood up and gave Brooke, Siva, Max, Tom, Hayley and Jay a nod.

"I'll give you a lift, I'm not that hungry," volunteered Jay and he stood up too, beginning to pull out his car keys.

"I'll do it," offered Nathan, much to my surprise and dismay.

"C'mon Jay, let's go," I began walking, not giving him a second look. I heard Jay hurrying after me. I walked over to his car and waited for Jay to catch up. I turned around and saw Nathan walking towards me. My heart tied itself into a knot and lodged itself into my throat.

"Get into my car, Lexi," ordered Nathan.

"Nathan, when someone is ignoring you, you don't go around and offer them lifts!" I exclaimed angrily.

"Yeah, I know but I did it anyway. Now shut up and get in the car," ordered Nathan.

"No," I crossed my arms.

"Jay's not coming, idiot. Austin needed to talk to him and I think they're gonna be talking for a while. Now, get in!" said Nathan impatiently. I put a hand on my hip and raised an eyebrow, yes, I finally learned how to do it.

"Lexi," Nathan said in a low, angry tone. I huffed and started to get into the car. It wasn't wise to argue with Nathan. But it was wise to run from him. So that's what I did.

"Fuck sake Lexi!" Nathan shouted after me before running after me.

God, I hate running. Maybe that's why I always got really bad grades in gym. I carried on running even though my legs started hurting, "so unfit," I panted to myself.

"Lexi!" I heard Nathan shout out of breath before I heard a thump.

I slowed to a stop and turned around seeing Nathan on the floor. Crap. I quickly went over to him panicked, "oh my god what's wrong?" I asked in concern.

Nathan just groaned.

Crap.

-----

A/N: soooo what happened to Nathan? :o hope you guys liked this chapter! Quite a short one! Will try updating tomorrow ok? Will defiantly be a longer one! Comment and vote please!