Chapter 19

A/N: aaahhhhh over 7.6K reads lets go party!! Thank you!! Thank you so much for all the comments and votes they honestly mean so much to us! We love reading the comments! Any type of criticism is welcome good or bad so we know what we are doing well and what we aren't doing so well on! Thanks!

-----

"Nathan... Nathan," I said poking his chest.

"Fuck off," he mumbled and turned around.

I rolled my eyes, "we need to get up otherwise we will be late to class! I can't ditch today!" I said crossing my arms over my chest.

"Well then I'll stay in bed and you go to class," he snapped.

I shook my head before standing up. I left his room and went downstairs where I got a glass of water before heading back upstairs. I knelt down on the bed, "I will pour water over you if you don't get up," I warned.

He laughed sleepily, "no you wouldn't. You don't have it in you! Now shut up, I'm trying to sleep." He whined and rolled over.

I smirked slightly, "last chance," I said.

He still didn't move.
"Don't say I didn't warn you!," I laughed quietly before pouring the glass of cold water over him. He jumped up quickly, "fuck!" He shouted and glared at me.

I burst out laughing as I got off his now wet bed, "your face... And the... The way you jumped up," I gasped in-between laughs.

Nathan carried on glaring at me, "you fucking bitch! This isn't funny!" He yelled angrily, pointing to his wet clothes.

I smiled innocently as he got out of his bed and ran a hand through his soggy hair, "yeah, it kind of is Nath. I did give you a fair warning," I teased.

He rolled his eyes before walking towards me, "you know what? You're right. I think you deserve a good morning hug." Nathan said, giving me a sweet smile.

I shook my head and walked away from him, "oh no. I'm good. Seriously, I'm fine." I said.

He chuckled before cornering me and then he hugged me. I squealed as his cold body touched mine, "Nathan," I whined before he pulled away.

He grinned, "there! Now we're even. Kind of. I will get you back properly." He said cheekily.

I frowned slightly, "erm... that doesn't sound too good," I said slowly.

He chuckled before kissing my forehead, "that's because it's not meant to sound good, babe," Nathan said before walking over to drawers.

"Nath?" I asked.

"Yep," he muttered pulling out a new pair of jeans, t-shirt and boxers.

I pointed at his bed, "you might want to take your sheets off," I said signalling to the soaked sheets.

He shrugged, "I'll do them later," he mumbled and left his bedroom.

I rolled my eyes before going over to his bed and started to take off all his sheets. I picked them up before leaving his bedroom and bumping into Karen, "oh, hello Lexi dear! Are they Nathan's?" Karen smiled.

I nodded my head, "erm, yeah, he wouldn't get up so... I kind of threw water over him," I said, blushing.

She laughed, "oh right that's fine. At least you've got him up," she smiled, "I have a question... you don't have to answer if you don't want to," Karen said taking the sheets off me, "but has he been ditching? He doesn't talk to me anymore."

I bit my lip, "erm... he's been fine I guess, no ditching," I lied. Well it was only yesterday so it's fine. Hopefully it was only yesterday. Well, I think it was only yesterday.

"That's a lot better than when he was in secondary school. He started dating Vicky when he was 15 and in Year 10. They were good for a while but then he started to change. He ditched school, went out a lot more than he should've. He barely passed his exams. I always thought that Vicky was perfect for him, but it turns out she wasn't. Yes, he loved her but I know she didn't love him back the way he needed her. But then there was the terrible accident." Karen said.

I frowned slightly, "what accident?" I asked in confusion.

She opened her mouth to answer but Nathan walked out of the bathroom in his new, dry, clothes. He frowned at us, "the bathroom is free Lexi," Nathan muttered, walking straight into his bedroom.

I smiled at Karen and she returned it before I went back into Nathan's room. I grabbed my clothes and locked myself in the bathroom.

I quickly changed into the clothes. I'll shower after class back at the dorms. Once I was dressed I did my business before brushing my teeth. I went back into Nathan's room and saw him on his phone again with an angry glare.

"You ok?" I asked.

He looked up before typing something then nodding his head, "erm yeah. Just Austin being Austin. You ready?" He asked.

I nodded my head and put my clothes into my bag.

"You can stay again tonight," he said as I picked up my bags.

I bit my lip hesitantly, "please? I want you to stay," he said.

I sighed and nodded my head. I put my clothes bag down, "ok. I need to shower at the dorms after school, though," I said as I got my school bag and we walked out of his room. I shoved my phone into my pocket.

"You can shower here. We can get your shower stuff then you can shower here after class," he said over his shouldr as we walked down the stairs.

"I don't want to cause a problem. It's fine, I'll shower at the dorms," I argued.

"You are causing a problem by arguing," he snapped annoyed.

I glared at him, "stop being so stubborn." I answered back.

He glared back before Karen walked out of the kitchen, "oh Nathan, could you drive Jess to school please? My car is broken and I'm getting it fixed today." Karen asked.

Nathan rolled his eyes, "no," he snapped.

I elbowed him harshly, making him glare at me, "of course we can." I said, smiling.

Karen smiled, "thank you Lexi! And if you are staying tonight it's no trouble if you use the shower! You can stay as long as you like aswell, it's fine by me," Karen said.

I nodded my head, "that's great, thank you Karen. Nathan never offered me that." I said with a slight smirk as I felt Nathan glare at me.

"Nathan! Don't be so rude to Lexi! She's a guest!" Karen scolded before walking upstairs.

When she was out of sight and ear shot Nathan grabbed my arm but I just smirked at him, "fuck you," he muttered, annoyed.

I shrugged, "oops. Now you are going to have to get me back twice. I'm shaking," I said sarcastically before walking into the kitchen.

Jess wastexring at the tabke with a huge smile plastered on her face.

"Who you texting?" Nathan asked harshly as he made a cup of tea.

"A friend," Jess replied not looking up from her phone.

I rolled my eyes, defiantly a "friend".

"Who?" Nathan snapped and finished making his tea.

I smirked before stealing his tea and taking a sip from it. Nathan glared at me and flipped me the finger before starting to make a new one, "No one," Jess replied.

Nathan rolled his eyes, "whatever. Go get your stuff, we're leaving in five and if you aren't ready then we're leaving without you" He ordered coldly.

Jess rolled her eyes, "fine! Somene's hormonal today," Jess teased before leaving the kitchen while still texting.

I whacked the back of Nathan's head, "what was that for?" He complained and rubbed his head.

"Being an ass. Stop being so rude to your family," I snapped.

I finished the tea and put the cup on the side before turning back around. Before I knew it, Nathan was in front of me. He placed his hands on the counter on either side of me and leaned his head in, "don't tell me what to do, ok?" He asked quietly.

My eyes flickered to his silver lip ring that he was chewing on before looking into his green eyes, "or what?" I asked more confidently than I actually was.

He laughed slightly before leaning forward and brushing his lips against my ear. I shivered when his cold lip ring touched my ear, "you don't want to know," he whispered before kissing my neck softly then pulling away.

He grabbed his new cup of tea and leaned against the counter opposite me, drinking it as if nothing happened. Why does he keep making me feel like this? Damn him and his cute accent and his sexy lip ring and... His arrogant ass! Pfft, he isn't cute or sexy! Did I just say that? I didn't say that... I meant to say arrogant and annoying...

Jess came back down not a moment later and looked at me in confusion, "Lexi, are you alright?" She asked.

Nathan smirked slightly and stifled a chuckle while I nodded my head, "oh, erm, yeah. You guys ready to go?" I asked quickly and ran a hand through my hair.

"Lets go then," Nathan said and Jess left. Nathan placed his cup beside me before brushing his hand against my thigh and then he left. I bore a hole in his back with my eyes before taking a deep breathe and leaving with my bag.

"Mum said you need to pick me up from school aswell," Jess said from her place in the backseat.

Nathan gripped the steering wheel tighter before looking at me and giving me a wink. I blushed and looked away, "no! Get a lift off one of your mates' parents or get the bus or something!" Nathan snapped.

"Fine!" Jess muttered before I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. Nathan hadn't noticed and if he had then he didn't care. I got my phone out of my pocket and saw that it was from Jess.

'Austin is coming over 2nite. Can u keep Nath company?! Please I'll owe you a favour!! Xx -Jess :)'

I sighed. I looked back at Jess who gave me a pleading look. I nodded my head. She grinned before I texted her back.

'OK, be gd. No funny business with Austin or I'll tell Nathan? Promise me? Xx -Lexi'

'Cross my heart! Promise! Thank you soooooo much Lex! I owe u BIG time! Xx -Jess'

I put my phone back and ignored Nathan's questioning look as we pulled up outside Jess' school. Jess got out, "bye Lexi, see you later asshole." Jess laughed before closing the door and walking away.

"How come I get called asshole?" Nathan muttered annoyed as he pulled out of the secondary school.

I shrugged, "maybe because you are one?" I suggested innocently.

Nathan glared at me and gripped the steering wheel tighter, "you seriously have anger issues." I noted.

He loosened his grip on the steering wheel, "fuck off Lexi."

I rolled my eyes, "you are meant to be nice to me for a week. I won the bet!" I said annoyed.

He took a deep breath before giving a sarcastic smile, "of course my darling. Anything for you," he said in a posh accent.

I looked at him before laughing. He chuckled slightly before we pulled up outside the campus. Nathan walked over to the drinks stand and ordered the usual. He handed over the money and gave me a cup.

"Isn't this cute! So, are you two together or what?" Austin asked, coming over.

I tensed up and glared at the floor. Nathan frowned, "no. What do you want?" Nathan snapped as I moved slightly behind him.

"Nothing mate, just wanted to talk to your little Lexi over here. So, how about pushing off you and leaving us alone for a minute?" Austin asked smirking. Nathan stood his ground.

"Come on mate. We are just going to chat. Leave." Austin ordered in a harsher tone.

Nathan looked at me and I gave him a nod. Nathan sighed and walked a short distance away. Long enough to be just out of earshot, short enough to come running if Austin tried to do anything. You know what? I can do this.

"Have you thought about what I said?" Austin said. Ok, scratch that, I can't do this.

I shook my head, "Austin... Just leave Jess alone," I said, trying to change the subject.

He chuckled and looked over at Nathan who was glaring at his hot chocolate, "Jess is a cute little thing isn't she? So full of light and happiness. You were like that, remember? But then I brought the light and happiness back into you. You remember, don't you?" He asked patronisingly.

"Are you forgetting who took that light and happiness away?" I snapped harshly.

"Fesity, I like it. Now here's the thing. If you don't do what I say, everyone might suddenly find out about our little summer together. Remember all the times you stayed out late with me? When I snuck out into your room? The laughs we had? All thestuff you told me? All of that will be leaked. If you want to stop that, then get close to Nathan. Find out everything you can before you just leave him. Break him basically."

"Like what you did to me," I said stiffly.

He chuckled, "pretty much. Although, what makes it harder is that you are both falling for each other. Don't deny it, you'd have to be blind to miss it. Do what I say and I'll leave jess alone."

I took a shaky breath. What do I do? I looked over at Nathan and he looked up, feeling me looking at him. Ours eyes met and I quickly looked away in guilt. I was either about to make a bad decision or a really bad decision. 

After giving Austin my answer, he walked away. As he passed Nathan. he smirked knowingly at him, "what did he want?" Nathan demanded the second he came over.

I took a shaky breath, "nothing. It doesn't matter. We need to head to history," I said, trying a shaky smile.

Nathan frowned some more, "tell me, Lexi. He's bad news. What did he want? Did he threaten you?" Nathan asked quickly.

I laughed slightly, "no. Nathan everything is fine, I promise. Let's just go, ok?" I asked

Nathan nodded his head silently and we headed towards History.

------------------------------------------------------

A/N: soooo what was Lexi's answer? Vicky stuff is being revealed! Keep commenting and voting you guys are amazing! Thank you guys all so much for reading! We really hope you guys enjoy Broken as much as we enjoy writing!

~Charlotte and Warda