Chapter 10

A/N: Over 2.2K reads thank you!!! Remember twitcam tomorrow!! Check it out on @AllThingsTW twitter account!! Thank you for the comments and votes, hiiiii to any new readers hope you like this chapter everyone!!

-----

"Morning sunshine," Nathan said smirking at me as he walked over.

I glared at him, "what?" I snapped.

"Hey! I thought we were friends now? What's wrong with you?" He asked.

"Nothing," I muttered.

Nathan raised an eyebrow, "yeah right! What's wrong? You've been in a mood all week," he asked.

I shrugged, "nothing. Sorry." I mumbled before Nathan ordered the two hot chocolates.

He gave me a look before shrugging, "ok then. Everyone going to the diner tonight, you coming?" He asked paying for the hot chocolates and handing me one.

I shook my head, "I really can't, my mum wants to come see me," I said annoyed.

"Oh right, that's why you're in a mood. How come?" Nathan asked.

"She's still pissed about the phone call, thanks for that, also about me being 'rude'," I said.

Nathan chuckled, "oh well I'm sure it'll be fine. How long will you be talking to her for?" Nathan asked.

"I dunno she can talk for ages, she'll just ramble on and on about how I'm being an idiot," I mumbled as we sat down in history.

Nathan nodded his head, "hey it'll be fine." He said.

"So are you and Austin alright now?" I asked slowly.

Nathan nodded his head stiffly, "yeah. It was a misunderstanding," he said giving a small smirk before Ben came and sat down.

"Nathan, Lexi," Ben greeted us, smiling.

I smiled back at him, "you coming to the diner tonight?" Ben asked me.

I shook my head, "nope but knowing me I'll probably end up there anyway. My mum is visiting," I said.

Ben nodded his head, "oh right. Good luck," he grinned before the professor started to talk.

"Do you ever write down any notes?" I asked Nathan quietly.

He shrugged, "I'm good at remembering." He replied.

"How's your bruise?" I asked softly.

Nathan chewed on his lip ring before looking at me, "it's fine. It's nearly gone. You worry too much." Nathan chuckled.

I rolled my eyes, "well you are my friend now, I'm meant to worry," I teased.

Nathan smirked, "you shouldn't worry about me. I'm fine." He whispered.

After all my classes had finished I headed straight back to my dorm and saw Brooke and Nathan having a serious conversation. Well it looked like Brooke was against something but Nathan was telling her to keep quiet.

They both looked at me as I entered and I frowned, "ok..." I said rubbing the back of my neck.

Brooke glared at Nathan, "so Lexi when is your mum coming?" Brooke asked.

I shrugged before someone knocked on the door, oh no.

Brooke and I shared a glance before Nathan opened it and there stood an angry looking Mary Ryan. Oh great.

"Alexis Ryan! Why is there a boy in your dorm?" My mum asked.

"Mum! He's our friend," I replied, blushing slightly.

"Hi I'm Nathan," Nathan smirked and purposely showing his lip ring.

My mother gasped, "so you're the boy fooling around with my daughter? I expected better standards from you Lexi." My mother snapped.

I saw Nathan clench his fists and glare at my mum, "you are not the right boyfriend for my daughter!" My mother went on.

Brooke looked at me and held a hand over her mouth to stop laughing. Nathan carried on glaring at my mum as she went on about how he wasn't right for me.

"Mum just shut up!" I shouted.

She looked at me shocked, "how dare you tell me to shut up! Moving here really has changed you!" She snapped.

Brooke shook her head still trying not to laugh, "I'm getting a shower," Brooke said stifling her laughs as she left.

My mother gave her a look, clearly not liking her behaviour.

"Also friends with a girl with different colours in her hair?" My mum asked shocked.

Nathan looked at me with a smirk and went over to stand next to me, "nothing wrong with dying your hair, you're just being stupid," I muttered.

I was shocked when Nathan took my hand, "just follow my lead," he whispered quickly.

I couldn't help the butterflies that appeared in my stomach when his hand laced with mine. My mum glared at our interlocked hands, "get your hands off my daughter," my mother snapped.

Nathan smirked, "just one minute. I need to do something first," Nathan said before he leaned down and kissed me.

I gasped shocked when his lips touched mine. His lip ring was cold against my warm lips but it felt just right. Nathan placed his spare hand on my hip pulling me closer to him. After a moment or two he pulled away and winked at me before looking at my mum who was staring at us in complete shock and disgust. Did I seriously just kiss Nathan? It was nice- no it wasn't.

"I can not stand the sight of you Lexi! Ruining your life! Don't you remember what happened with that boy when you were 15?! You thought that you were in love!" My mother said disgusted.

I tensed up instantly and Nathan looked at my confused, "mum," I said slowly, as I pulled away from Nathan. Still recovering from him kissing me.

"No! I've had enough! After Vanessa you went off the rails! You were in hospital for a day! You could have died! Then a year later when we thought that you were getting better you go and 'fall in love'! We should have known that he'd ruin you. And that's what this boy right here will do, he will ruin you! Don't come crying to me when he does!" My mother said harshly before storming out.

I looked at where she once stood in complete shock before a choked gasp escaped, "what happened to Vanessa? And what does she mean that someone ruined you?" Nathan asked confused.

I pulled my hand out of his and stepped away from him. She was right. Of course my mum was right. Nathan will ruin me won't he? He said that he would and I can't deal with that, not again.

"Just go..." I whispered.

"Lexi... Tell me," he ordered. Maybe the first time he said my nickname.

"Just get out! You don't need to know! Just leave me alone! What were you thinking kissing me? I don't like you, I actually hate you now, just go!" I shouted as tears pricked my eyes.

Nathan glared right back at me, "fine! I thought we were getting along quite fine and you know what Alexis? I hate you as well!" He shouted before storming out of the dorm.

I held in a deep breath before letting it back out and just sat down on my bed as all the old memories resurfaced. I tried blocking them out but I just couldn't. Why did my mum have to throw everything back in my face? I know I made mistakes, everyone has, but we get over them and learn from them to not make the same ones again.

"Hey, you alright? Where's Nathan? And your mum?" Brooke asked, confused.

I opened my eyes and looked at her, "oh, er, I think he's waiting in the car, my mum left. Yeah, I'm fine." I smiled.

Brooke nodded her head, not entirely convinced but, she carried on with her hair, "sure I can't make you change your mind about coming to the diner?" Brooke asked.

I shook my head, "nope. Is Jay going?" I asked.

Brooke nodded her head, "we all are. Please come. I can't stand being with Ally or Sophie for ages. Hayley will be there?" Brooke asked.

I sighed reluctantly, "fine. Only because I can't stand having pizza tonight." I mumbled and grabbed my phone.

Brooke grinned and tidied away her things before hooking her arm through mine, "great! Just ignore Nathan if he pisses you off," Brooke warned.

I nodded my head as we left the dorm, locking the door behind us. We walked down the flight of stairs and went outside seeing Nathan leaning against his car.

He glared at me while I looked at the ground, "I'm going to walk," I mumbled to Brooke.

Brooke frowned, "wait I'll walk with you. Nathan we're walking. See you there!" Brooke called to him.

He looked annoyed and flipped us off before getting in the car and driving away.

"You need to stay away from Ben, Austin and Nathan," Brooke said slightly worried.

I frowned, "what's happened Brooke?" I asked.

She shook her head, "nothing it's just those three aren't exactly the best of company." She lied.

I frowned but didn't comment on it. I knew there was something going on and now everyone seemed to know except for me. Atleast I now know that it involved Nathan, Ben and Austin. I didn't think Brooke would lie about this, she seemed sincere.

We arrived at the diner a minute later and saw everyone sitting in the booth at the back. I went over and sat next to Jay and Siva opposite Max, Tom and Ben.

"Hey Lexi," Siva smiled.

I smiled back at him, "hey Seev. Anything interesting happen this week?" I asked them.

"Tom got rejected by a girl," Max spoke up.

Tom rolled his eyes, "she didn't reject me," Tom defended, "she just slapped me when I asked if she would fuck me."

I rolled my eyes at him, "so polite," I said sarcastically.

"How was your week Lexi?" Jay asked.

"Alright," I smiled.

"Are you lot going to the party tomorrow?" Austin asked us.

I looked up at him, he was sat next to Ally and Nathan. Ally and Nathan were currently making out, I felt myself get jealous of Ally before shaking the feeling off.

"Yeah," Max said but didn't actually look at him.

"Lexi, you going?" Austin asked.

I got chills when he looked at me but nodded my head stiffly, "yes," I muttered.

"Does she have to go?" Nathan asked pulling away from Ally.

I looked down at my hands as I felt his glare on me, "she's such a goody two shoes! What teenager doesn't drink and wears jeans to a party?" Sophie spoke up.

"Sophie," Hayley muttered warningly.

"Sorry that I don't find a reason to get drunk every weekend and dress like a slut just to get noticed by boys. Or to have sex every weekend with some guy that I don't even know the name of," I snapped annoyed.

Sophie glared at me, "well from what we've heard you've been getting fucked every weekend." Sophie replied. I held in my shock at her statement.

I frowned, "oh yeah, by who?" I asked confused. What did she mean?

"Don't act all innocent when we know you're not," Ally spat.

I looked at her confused as well, "can someone tell me what the hell is going on?" I asked.

Austin looked at Nathan with a small smirk while Nathan shook his head at him, "oh nothing, Lexi. Just ignore them." Austin said smirking. I ignored him.

I looked at the guys and they all refused to meet my eyes, "guys?" I asked when I got no response. I looked at Brooke for an answer "Brooke?" I asked her. She didn't even spare me a glance, she just stared at the menu. She gripped it so tight that her knuckles started to turn white. I took a shaky breath before standing up, "some friends you are," I muttered and quickly left the diner.

I found myself walking to the party house. That was quick. I listened to the music from outside before going in, I went over to the drinks and got a can of coke as my ears ringed from the loud music.

I took a sip before leaning against the wall as people walked past.

"Hey pretty lady," a student said.

I frowned slightly, smelling his breath which stank of alcohol, "erm yeah?" I asked confused.

"Up for dancing? I'm George," he smiled

I shrugged, I wasn't going to think about what happened at the diner all night, "I guess," I said and he took my hand. I dropped my drink to the ground and followed him into what was meant to be a living room before we started dancing.

When he placed his hands on my hips I froze slightly but went with it, "I'll get you a drink," he said before leaving.

I ran a hand through my hair before he returned and I took a sip out of the red cup just tasting coke. It was nice. Something else was in there but I couldn't be bothered to ask what.

"So, what's your name?" George asked.

"Lexi," I said taking another sip. I felt a little buzzed and dizzy, I guess that's from over thinking all the time.

"Pretty name for a pretty girl. Why are you here on your own?" George asked.

I took a gulp of my drink, "my friends all know something that I don't and they won't tell me what," I found myself answering.

He nodded his head and I finished my drink, "let's dance!" I giggled and dropped my empty cup to the floor.

George had got me three more cups of coke and I felt myself becoming even more happier and hyper. Guess the coke helped me out. I was waiting for George to get me another drink when I felt a hand on my arm. I turned and saw Nathan.

I giggled and wrapped my arms around his neck, "has anyone told you," I hiccuped, "that you are so pretty?" I giggled before touching his lip ring, "the lip ring makes you look really sexy," I said before laughing.

Nathan rolled his eyes, "you're drunk. What've you been drinking?" Nathan asked confused.

I shrugged, "I dunno. Something good," I giggled before leaning my head against his chest, "you're comfy! Like a teddy bear!" I giggled again.

Nathan wrapped an arm around my waist and guided me outside, "no!" I whined, "George was getting me a drink! I want another drink!" I shouted at Nathan.

He looked at people who gave us weird looks before looking at me, "you are behaving like a baby, come on," he muttered and walked over to his car. He opened the passenger door and waited for me to get in but I shook my head and pouted.

"No! I want to stay! George is better than you!" I yelled before laughing again.

Nathan leaned against his car raising an eyebrow, "I doubt that," Nathan mumbled.

I rolled my eyes as the rain started to come down, "always raining here. I hate that. I want to be back in California. I miss it. Can you come to California with me?" I asked Nathan as I twirled around in the rain.

He chuckled, "of course I will. Now come on, get in." He said.

I sighed, "say please," I smirked and stopped twirling around looking at him.

He raised an eyebrow, "seriously?" He asked.

"Say it or I'll go back to George," I warned.

"Please get into the fucking car," he snapped.

"Say it without swearing," I giggled.

He carried on glaring at me and I shrugged before walking back towards the party.

"Fine! Get in the car, please," Nathan shouted.

I grinned as I turned around before skipping over, yes I skipped, and kissed his cheek, "that wasn't hard now was it?" I asked before getting in.

Nathan grumbled all the way over to the drivers seat and started driving, "you better not be sick in my car," he muttered.

"So moody... You know you're pretty hot but being arrogant and moody and just an all time dick ruins that," I spoke up.

He looked at me and smirked, "so you think I'm hot?"

I nodded my head, "oh yeah. The accent is really cute as well."

"Cute? You compared me to cute?" He asked, disgusted, "I would rather you hate me than compare me to cute."

"I don't actually hate you." I said before singing a random song.

Nathan chuckled before stopping outside his house and getting out. I stumbled out but Nathan caught me before I fell onto the floor, "thanks," I mumbled.

"Anytime," he replied and steadied me before locking his door.

"Can we be ninjas?" I asked quietly.

Nathan rolled his eyes, "how old are you?" He snapped. I pouted.

"Pretty please? I'd make an amazing ninja! Look!" I tried to do a ninja pose but nearly toppled over. Nathan caught me just in time.

He shook his head, "no! Now shut up before you wake my mum and sister up," he muttered opening the front door.

I zipped my mouth with my finger before following Nathan in, he closed the door behind us.

"You know what I wanna be when I grow up? I want to be a POTATO!" I threw my hands in the air. Nathan snorted but didn't reply.

"If I'm a potato, I can be in films like Toy Story!" I carried on. This earned another snort from Nathan.

"We can be Mr and Mrs Potato!" I giggled and threw my arm around Nathan.

"Lexi. Seriously. Shut up," sighed Nathan and dragged me up the stairs.

"Don't you like potatoes Nathan? That is potato-ist! I'm reporting you to the Potato Police!" I drunkenly pointed at him. He pulled me into his bedroom. I got onto his bed and started jumping up and down, "this is fun! Nathan join me!" I giggled.

He shook his head, "get down," he complained, taking off his jacket.

I shook my head, "no way! Join me!" I grinned.

Nathan grumbled something before getting onto his bed and made me stop jumping. I pouted at him before sitting down. He sat down next to me and I frowned, "I don't feel too good," I mumbled.

"Don't be sick in my room! Come on," he muttered and guided me into the bathroom. He held my hair back while I threw up.

"You done?" He asked as he rubbed my back.

I nodded my head and stood up before flushing the toilet, "I'm sorry," I said and began crying.

Nathan frowned and held me, "why are you crying?" He asked confused.

"I don't know... I don't get why everyone is keeping a secret from me, I know you all hate me. Maybe I should just move dorms so I don't have to see you guys as much, I can drop history," I cried into his chest.

Nathan smiled slightly, "hey shhh... We don't all hate you," he said.

"You do!" I wept.

Nathan shook his head, "do you honestly think that I hate you?" He asked.

"That's what I know," I cried.

"Well you're wrong, brush your teeth ok? You stink of sick," he teased.

I pulled away and nodded my head before using the spare toothbrush and brushing my teeth. Nathan did the same before we went back into his room. He gave me his t-shirt and sweatpants before getting unchanged himself. I quickly changed and got into his bed, "I'm sorry," I mumbled.

He shook his head, "you got drunk, it happens," he murmured.

"Not about that... But what I said earlier." I said before yawning.

"About me being potato-ist?" he smirked.

"No! Before that at my dorm." I said.

Nathan didn't say anything. He just wrapped his arms around me before I fell asleep.

-----------------------

A/N: SOOO! What do you think is going on with the whole Nathan, Ben and Austin thing? Who's Vanessa and what happened when she was 15? Remember to vote and comment! While you're waiting for the next chapter, how about reading some stories on our personals? jaylostmyphone and TrinaFanFic

~Charlotte and Warda