III Thalia

Yay I finally rewrote this chapter! If you all want to see the originally, (which I highly doubt you want to,) just dm me!

On with the show!

As Thalia stood in front of his Camry, car key in hand, she felt more alive than she had been in the past 3 days. Was she still depressed? Extremely. But in this very moment, it didn't seem to bother her that much.
Congratulations.
Thalia had thought about saying it to him a lot.
Congratulations on your new girlfriend.
Congratulations on your new life.
Congratulations on breaking my heart.
But still, starring at the word that was engraved into the car felt amazing. Like she had gotten the final edge, one last thing to get under his skin. Thalia grinned with pride, greeting revenge like a bitter old friend. Regardless of doing this on school property, Thalia would probably have to pay for the damage. Unless Luke didn't find out it was her, which was highly unlikely. Maybe she could pin it on other one of his jealous exes, and believe her, he had a lot.

As the final bell of the day rang, Thalia scrambled back to her car, waiting for Jason to emerge.

***

Where are you?
- Thalia.

We need to go. Now.
-Thalia.

Thalia texted her brother restlessly, anxiously waiting for the moment Luke would discover his ruined car. She pursed her lips in boredom, waiting for her kid brother to appear. Spotting Jason through the sea of students, she impatiently attempted to call him. Realizing his sister was waiting, Jason hurried to the beat up wreck both of them used for transport. Jason threw himself into the passenger seat without a word to Thalia.
"Were you talking to Reyna?" She asked, pulling out of the school parking lot.
"Mhm."
"How are things with you two?" She asked, attempting a conversation.
"Fine." He replied, preoccupied with his own thoughts.
And with that, Thalia gave up. The Grace siblings were certainly not the closest, but they made do. She thought about asking him follow up questions. Something like 'How was your day?' or 'What did you learn?' even 'Did you meet anyone knew today?'. But they weren't really that kind of brother and sister. They only thing they had in common was their lineage and a roof over their head. That was about it. As Thalia made her way past the cars of the other students, she caught a glimpse of Luke, hands running through his sandy hair. The best part? He looked panicked as hell. Thalia smirked to herself, and continued to drive down the road.

***

It was 3 in the morning, and the pounding on their front door was becoming increasingly difficult to ignore. Thalia figure it was just the landlord, but the knocking refused to subside. She pulled her covers over her ears to avoid the noise. If there was anyway she was going to be up in time for work tomorrow, this was not a helpful factor.
Surprising, Jason eventually came into her room. He turned on her light, temporarily blinding her, and threw his pillow at her. Jason rarely complained about anything. In fact, he didn't even look tired, he sat there with his same nonchalant expression. Thalia waved him off and drearily stood up.
The knocking persisted.
"Okay, okay, I'm coming." Her voice cracked with exhaustion.
Thalia rubbed her eyes, rain pounded the cement outside, she could barely see.
"What could be that important-" she started, her vision still bleak and blurry.
"You keyed my fucking car!"
Thalia eyes widen. Standing on her doorstep, was Luke, angry and wet bangs flopping against his forehead.
"Luke? Is that you? I can't hear you over the sound of the idiotism."
"You keyed my fucking car," he repeated.
She gripped the door, her nails dug into the cheap paint job.
"And you expected otherwise?" she hissed.
Luke peered inside the apartment. "Is Jason awake?" Thalia quickly shut the door a little more so he couldn't peep inside. "Okay, okay, I get it. You don't want to see me."
"Finally getting the message, huh?"
Luke gave her a sad puppy dog smile. "No, I get it."
Thalia's heart thumped erratically against her ribcage. "S-so.. are you going to leave.. o-or-"
"Are you okay, Thalia?"
Thalia stared at him blankly. "What?"
"I mean.. I know it was hard and everything but-"
"No." She said, her voice crackling with the rain. "You don't get to play the sorry good guy. You cheated on me."
"I know, I know-"
"No you don't!" She interjected. "You don't know jack shit how it feels!"
Thalia restrained herself from going for his throat. "Go home, Luke."
"Thalia-"
"Go. Home." She struggled to keep the tears out of her eyes.
Luke looked at her mournfully, and pulled up his hood to walk home in the rain.

The slamming of the door echoed throughout her entire house, and Thalia prepared herself for another restless night.

At least it's not trash. 🤷‍♀️