Chapter 34

Daniel

I open my eyes and I look down to see if it was all real or just a dream. When I look down I know it's real and this time it's not a dream and I'm not holding a pillow. I look down to see her in my arms.

I didn't want to let go of her, because I was afraid of losing her due to my actions. I smile and kiss her on the neck. "I can get use to this!" I said as my hold on her tightens. I snuggled closer to her not wanting this moment to end. I loved the way she fits in my embrace so perfectly. I know she's perfect, she the perfect one for me.

I'm laying here and just listening to her breath as the early morning hours are upon us. I'm laying next to her and realizing that she's more fragile than I remember. I realize that I can't just say "I love you" to her like I originally planned, well especially after last night's huge misunderstanding. I'm going to wait but I vow and even swear to the high heavens that I will tell her no matter what this week before our honeymoon is over.

I decided to just get up and do something special for her. As I'm trying to get up she snuggles down more and my arm somehow becomes trap. After a few minutes of struggling and praying to God that she doesn't wake up I manage to free myself. I sneak out of the bedroom and down to the kitchen trying not to make a sound.

I look around the kitchen and thank goodness I called and pulled a couple favors to have the kitchen stocked for when we arrived. "Thank you money and power." I said as I pulled some food out to start breakfast.

When I was cooking I was hoping that she wouldn't wake up that way I could surprise her with breakfast in bed.

I wouldn't mind if she came down those stairs and just ended up in my arms as we cooked together. "Dang it Daniel, get your head out of the clouds dude." I say to myself as I stop daydreaming before I burned our breakfast.

It's not like this is some romance novel or movie. Life's not that perfect where everyone realizes their feelings and admits its! Life's about the struggle for the things that mean the most to you and never giving up until you get or achieve them.

I look at the tray with both plates and mugs coffee on it and I smile to myself. "Well Danny boy, you've out done yourself!" I say as pride fills me.

I've never made breakfast for any girl before in my life. As a husband, now I will do this for her any day no matter what's going on, because she's that special to me.

I make my way upstairs and I see that she's still sleeping. I put the tray down on the dresser and I go up to her. "Sunshine, sweetheart it's time to get up." I say as I gently shake her shoulder.

Her little adorable sleepy smile comes across her face as she stretches. When her eyes open my heart skipped a beat, but when she seen it was me she just frowned.

What? Why are you frowning? Well no matter I'm an uncle of nothing but nieces. I know how to make girls smile, you can call me an expert on this subject.

I see her frowning so I get eye level with her and I give her one of my own frowns. She was thrown off but just deepened the frown. So I did the same and this continued until finally I made a funny face instead of "frowning" at her when it came my turn. She let out a small laugh. My job here was done.

"Morning sunshine." I said with the biggest smile. I turned and grabbed our breakfast and joined her in bed.

She was shocked. "You made us breakfast?" She said and just looked at me in awe.

"Yeah, I woke up and well I hope you like it." I said as I rubbed the back of my neck now nervous about this decision.

"Awww! Danny thank you so much!" She said and gave me kiss on the cheek. She then looked at her food then back at me. "Danny?"