Chapter 2

Daniel

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I was woken up by the sound of that darn alarm clock. I looked at the time and seen it said ten o'clock.

"I guess I need to get up and go the office."

I got dressed, today was an "important day" according to my dad, so I wore my new suit.

I was driving when, Liz called me. "Hmm should I ignore or answer?" I declined the call. "When will she learn that it was a one time thing, and it was over two weeks ago. Stupid girl, when will she get the hint?"

I made my way to the receptionist's desk.

"Hello, Mr. Rhiner. Your father is waiting for you, have a good day!"

"Thank you."

I made my way up to his private office.

I walked in and noticed that we were not going to be alone today. There was an older man and a gorgeous girl.

"Daniel my boy, come on in!" My father tells me as he gets a hired hand to fix our drinks.

"Hello dad" and I turn and introduce myself to what is known as our rivals.

"Daniel, as heir to my company I thought you would be interested in this meeting."

"Oh, and why?"

That's when the older man, who's name is Robert Hemming, said "Yes, due to your fathers and my age we are getting older and soon you and my daughter, Vivian, will take over our companies."

I was still confused, where was he going with this?

"Son, we decided to merge our companies together."

"Well that's great. When do we sign the contract?"

"Actually, son that's why you and Vivian are here today." My father tells me while putting down his drink.

Mr. Hemming started talking "Instead of doing that boring old contract business, we decided that you and my daughter will get married. This way the business stays in the family and neither of you will have to sacrifice any power."

I was speechless. I knew that being 27 was around the time most get married but I didn't want to get married like this. This was not right, she was not right.

All eyes were on me. "No" I said and then continued to drink my drink.

Vivian's jaw dropped. "No? What do mean?"

I looked her straight in the eyes "I don't want to get married to you."

"Son, think about it. You will have six months to think it over and when I return you and my daughter will get married."

I had to think fast, I couldn't go through with this. Yes she was gorgeous but I don't love her or even have feeling for her. Plus if we split then company would be ruined and knowing her type she would take me for all I'm worth.

"I can't and won't marry her." I said more with an authoritative voice.

My dad was growing impatient. "Daniel, why? What are saying?" He said with his anger growing.

I looked at him, then at Mr. Hemming, and finally at Vivian, because I'm currently seeing someone.

That statement caught the attention of everyone. Vivian was the one to break the silence "Who's the little tramp?"

I instantly didn't like her by that statement. I couldn't believe that if we met under different circumstances I would be all over her. I'm ashamed to know that my father wants that in our family.