Chapter 33

Emily

I'm standing in a room full of people who's eyes are on me. The funny thing is I'm not nervous or scared, because my eyes are on the one person that matters. I have my eye on Danny.

I was so unsure this morning about getting married. I wanted to run away and just call it off. The way he left me and just went to Germany. Him and Vivian in Germany together. Oh let's not forget how he questioned me about my whereabouts and actions while he was gone. The nerve of him! I never asked or questioned him, but I will later tonight.

Anyway, when I was at about to walk down the aisle, that's when my last chance came. I could have walked out the door into the parking lot and drove away, but I didn't and I'm so glad that I chose to stay and marry a man I love.

Daniel is the only one I love and the only thing that matters tonight. I can't wipe this silly grin off my face and I really don't want to either. The way he kissed me in church was so real and amazing to me. The way he scooped me up was as if I was his precious queen who dares not touch the ground of commoners. But the main thing was in private we kissed not once but twice. He locked lips with me and I couldn't stop my heart from racing. I love him and I wished it wasn't an act on his part.

As we walked the floor I felt Danny pull me closer to him. His grip on me was tighter. I look up to see him, and he was nervous.

"Danny?" I asked him and he just looked down at me. His smile was gone.

"Huh?"

"Danny is something wrong?"

"Oh, um nothing." He said and I knew that something was up. When he got nervous he would fiddle with something, and this happened to be his cuff link.

"Daniel." I said with so much authority that he quickly look down and me. I was surprised by my own voice too. "What is going on? Tell me now!" I said to him. I was demanding answers. The old Emily would have just let it slide, but now that we are married he has to share with me. He needs to so I can help him when he needs it.

"It's just someone that is here and I don't like them. I'm trying to avoid them." He said as he started skimming the crowd looking for someone.

"Daniel, please stop acting like this, because now I'm worried." I say to him and he just stops and pulls me closer to him. He lifts my chin up using his forefinger.

I'm lost in the moment. All I could do was stare at the man before my eyes. I could only stare at my husband. "Sunshine, don't worry everything is going to be okay. I'm here with you and only you. You're the reason why I woke up this morning. You're my beautiful wife and that's all that matters." He said and gave me sweet and simple kiss on the lips.

I loved the way it sounded. I was his wife, and he is here for me. But he's a good actor so maybe he's lying to me. The relationship is real for me, but it's fake for him.

I just smiled up at him. "Okay, well let's just have a good time." I said and we made our way onto the dance floor as husband and wife.

He made me stop on the edge of the dance floor. I just stood there not knowing where he was going with this. This was not what or how we practiced, I was starting to kinda panic.

"Emily, my love." He said and stuck his hand out for me grab. The music started to play. Wait! This was not the song we decided on for our first dance. What is going on? "Dance with me to the song of our love." He said and had this real smile reaching from ear to ear and the smile came back to my face. The romantic in me was jumping over the moon at this moment. I don't care how silly it sounds but for him to just be somewhat romantic towards me is just amazing.