Chapter 17

Emily

I woke up to the sun hitting my face. I stretched and I felt so relived to be in my bed, and for once not worry about getting up to go to work so I can pay for bills or make money.

I sat up and looked at all the boxes and that random couch in my room, no wait it's our room now. Wait, why did he have to put it in my small cramped room?

I walk over and open the boxes to see all of Daniel's clothes, shoes, and bedding. "I wonder if he would mine me putting his clothes up" I say as I start pulling his clothes out.

I emptied box after box trying to make the space I had available work for both our wardrobes.

I was working on the last couple of boxes when I opened one and seen that it wasn't clothes but pictures. I wanted to go through them and learn more about Danny and who he really was, but I couldn't do that to him.

I cared for him and shoot, I'm falling in love with him. I didn't want to ruin the relationship we have right now. The boxes were calling my name, but a loud noise from downstairs caught my attention.

I grabbed a pillow off the bed and made my way downstairs. I tipped toe until I reached the kitchen. I peeked around the corner, and I saw a man bent over.

I had two choices: 1) attack or 2) run

I made my choice. I got ready and made a quick plan of action. "Get out of my house!" I screamed and started whacking the stranger with my pillow.

Before I knew it the stranger started shouting. "Stop! Stop it! Emily! Emily it's me, Daniel!" He was shouting this between the hits I gave him with the pillow.

The minute he said "Daniel", I stopped, dropped the pillow and just started laughing. "Hahahaha!" I was in tears just from laughing.

Through the tears I could see a very upset Daniel. "Emily! What was that about?" He said with his hands on his hips.

I couldn't say a word, I was laughing so hard. It felt so good to laugh and to be happy.

Just then Daniel comes towards me and I try to get away, but I fail. He wraps his arms from behind me and pulls me closer to him. I'm trying all that I can to get away, but part me doesn't want to get away.

It didn't matter whether it was him pretending to love me, mess with me, or even comfort me; when I'm in his arms I feel as though nothing can hurt me.

He whispers in my ear "Breakfast is ready sunshine." He said then gives me a kiss on the neck and keeps going until he reached my cheek.

"Eww gross! Stop, I'm trying to eat!" Collin said as he was sitting down with his food.

I stuck my tongue out at him and he returned the childish behavior back to me.

Daniel just laughed at us. "You know Collin one day you'll be into girls and wanting to give them kisses." He said and gave me some more kisses on my neck and cheek.

Collin just scrunched up his nose. "I'm into girls. I'm just not into seeing my sister getting kisses while I'm trying to eat." He said as he continued to eat.

I went got my plate and sat next to him at the table. "Aww, Collin you don't like it when I get kisses?" I asked him, wanting to see him squirm.

"No."

Just then Daniel leans over from his seat and kisses me on the cheek. "How about now Collin?" Daniel asked him.

"No"

After continuing this little cycle for a few more minutes. We finally stopped but not without sharing a smile between us.

The thing is this one moment felt so real with him. I could get use to this everyday, us sitting down for breakfast and enjoying each other's company. The thing is I can't tell if he's faking it, or if it is real.