Chapter 29

Emily

"Emmie, I have to confess something to you." Collin said as he turned his face away from me. "I know why he left, or at least a possible answer for why he isn't here." Collin tells me.

The tears are back and now I'm hurt more than ever. My brother, the one I would give up everything for him goes and hurts me. He didn't care about me, only his happiness.

I sit there silently crying waiting for his confession. I'm beyond hurt, but I'll forgive and love him forever. He is my baby brother, my dear friend, and my only family.

Here we are sitting on my floor in my room. The room that the man I love use to share with me. I wipe all my tears and take a deep breath. "Tell me Collin. Tell me what you did!" I shout at him. The anger is there and the disappointment is stronger than ever.

"Emmie, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry!" He tells me and I'm shaking me head.

"Collin, just tell me." I say to him again. I needed to know what happened. I needed to know before I either broke down more or went on a killing spree due to all my anger.

"I took your phone. I hid it and before I did that I changed his number to the mine. I knew you didn't learn his number by heart. I changed it so that way when you tried to call him it would go to my voicemail." He said to me as he dug out my phone from his pocket. "I also changed his number in Ava's and Jacob's phone too." He said to me and I was beyond confused.

Why would he do this? Why? Doesn't he love me? Does he hate me so much for the life I've been trying to provide for him?

"Collin why? How?"

"Emmie, I knew no one knew my number because I just got my phone in right before the fight. So it was easy to just change his number to mine. No one noticed or suspected anything was wrong." He said and I was in shock at this bit of news. "Plus I made sure to watch you that way you wouldn't be stupid and run to him. I found that letter you wrote to him. That's why I pretended to be sick again that day. I didn't want you to be rejected again."

He tired to come closer to me. He was coming to comfort me. I didn't want him near me. I scoot away from him. "Collin, how could you do this to me?! What gave you the right to destroy my happiness? Do you hate me!? Do you want me to be sad!?" I yelled at him.

I was crying harder than when Daniel left me. How could my own brother do this to me? Why? Why the hell can't I just have my chance at happiness? I gave him everything I humanly possibly could and he goes and does this to me.

"Emmie! I thought I had to do it! He broke your heart! I didn't want to just stand there and let you suffer. I didn't want you to be sad. I wanted you to be happy. I remembered when we lost mom and dad you were always crying in your room. I didn't want to see you cry over some guy!" He yelled at me. He was standing over me now. "You were being pathetic to cry over a guy that could have left you at anytime!"

He was yelling at me. He was blaming me for losing Daniel and for his behavior. It's me I'm the problem. I'm the damn problem!

"Collin stop! Stop! Stop!" I'm yelling and hitting the floor with my fist. I stand up to leave him and this argument. I'm walking away when he grabs hold of my hand. I quickly turn around and give him the dirtiest look ever. I try to take my hand away, he isn't letting go. "Let me go, Collin." I say with hate dripping off each syllable.

He shakes his head. He pulls me to him and hugs me. "Emily, I'm so sorry. I thought I was doing the right thing. I thought I was being your hero." He said to me and a new wave of emotions came over me. "I just wanted to protect you from all the hate, evil, sadness, and anger he caused you to feel or show. I wanted to be there for you like you've done all these years for me. I just wanted to be the person you needed for once. I wanted to be the brother you deserve and want just like you're the sister that I'm so lucky to have and never want to lose." He tells me as his hold on me grows tighter.