Four

Levi

"So..."My uncle bagan as he continues to read through the news paper like the old man he is.

I sat at the dinning table eating breakfast with my family. Isabelle was seated to my left while Furlan on my right. Our uncle sat ahead of the table not bothering to eat but drink his daily scotch. I look up as he spoke knowing it was only directed towards me as usual.

"Are you still wasting your life away by continuing that silly little group of so called "dancers"?" He asks with a hint of distaste in his words.

"You know the answer,why bother asking." I cooly reply.

He puts the paper down so we were lookimg eye to eye. My uncle owns a company that was handed down to him after his parents pasted away. Since I'm the only true blooded relative in Ackerman family I am to take over once he either retires or is six feet under. Most likely the latter.

"You know why Levi. You need to be propey trained so this company will continue to thrive." He says."you are an Ackerman,start acting like one!"

Scoffing I get up taking my plate with me. My uncle calls me to return to my seat but I refuse. I quickly wash the dishes and step out of the large mansion that is far from being called "home".

I ler my feet guid me down the familiar roads in the area as I try to clear my mind. For years I wished I wasn't an Ackerman. Never would I have to worry about "responsibilities"for a company I hardly know about. My passion is focused on choreography and to be responsible for only my siblings. Nothing more nothing less.

I come to a park and take a seat by the pond letting my mind wonder. Deep down I wondered what life would have been like if my mom had not passed away. What life would I be living now?

"What is that you want?" I hear a familiar voice not to far from where I sat.

A man possibly around my uncles age stood looking slightly down at a boy. The boy glares up at him with much distaste for the man. 

"Let's not go through this again,"The man groans irritatedly." I want you to come home,look I'll even let you continue dancing. Does that sound good to you?"

The boy who notice was no other than Eren scoffs."I don't think you want me home because you miss me."

"Eren...I have duties to the company."

"But not to your son?!"

Eren's father remains silent after  those words. I could see hurt and guilt filling in his eyes. Eren laughs coldly at his father's un responsive answer.

"Good to know. Good to fucking know!" Eren storms off.

Eren's father stands there speechless for a few moments before composing himself and leaving in the opposite direction.
I wait a few moments more before taking off in the same direction Eren went.

I found him abusing a tree with his foot."Fuck fuck fuck FUCK!" He repeats with ever stomp. Never have I seen Eren so furious. He and his friends have been at my studio for almost a week and he gets along with everyone. Took some time with a few nut he gained their trust. I too grown a bit attached to the brat. He sure knows how to clean.

"I think that tree has had enough." I finally say seeing he had put a dent in its trunk.

Eren turns sharply with surprise written on his face. The anger fully drained to embarrassment. He sloches down against the abused tree and stares up at me.

"You saw didn't you?"He asks.I nod as I crouched down to his level. "Grea~t. So I guess you'd like to know what's going on?"

I shrug."I guess but if you don't want to talk about I won't force you."

Eren was silent for a moment. He glances over across the road before giving me a slight smile."Care to join me for some coffee? My treat."

"Tea sounds nice."Eren grins widely at this and stands to his feet. He reaches for me which I took.

Once on my feet we head to the small cafe. It was simple but the pasties and beverages were good so it didn't really mattered how it looked. Eren orders his then asks what I wanted. I tell the cashier girl who eyes me like a meal. Eren rolls his eyes seeing her interest in me.

"Jealous Yeager?" I joked.

"Pffh as if."Eren laughs with a hint of rouge appearing on his cheeks.

We sat at a table in the back by the window. As we wait for our refreshments Eren starts his story.

"I ran away from home."He starts off."My dad proudly owns all of the hospitals in Sina,Rose and Maria. It's"tradition" for the oldest to be the heir to take over the company."

The waitress places our drinks in front of us and leaves but not without a flirtatious wink at Eren who completely ignores her action. He takes a long sip of his coffee before continuing where he left off.

"As you know I'm openly gay. So I told my dad I was. He didn't take it too well. He says I need to marry a woman to continue our family bloodline for the business. Then I told him how I didn't want to take over the company and that I want to be a choreographer." I got the picture then. His father sounds a bit like my uncle. All about business.

"I totally get it Eren. We practically have something in common."I say taking a sip of my tea.

"Oh? How so?" He asks leaning against the table with interest.

I told him about the loss of my parents and how I was left in my uncles care. How he wants me to follow in his foot steps but I refused and followed my own.

"Huh,guess we are a bit of the same."Eren chuckles.

We talked for what seemed like hours telling each other stories,laughing and drinking our beverages. I haven't felt so at ease in such a long time.

"Hey Eren,I was wondering."I begin after thinking."After the contest would you like to join my crew?"

Eren chocks in his drink at my words. He eyes me suspiciously asking "why?"

Why? Because he is talented,fun to be around and fights for what he believes in. All good qualities in my book. But before I could respond Eren eyes caught sight of someone outside that made him jump from his seat.

"I'm sorry Levi but I gotta go."He says taking his drink with him. "Thanks for the chat. I'll see yiu later yeah?"

With that Eren left leaving alone at the table. I sigh leaving myself. "Yeah see you later Eren."