Chapter 29

Gif of uncle Tedd

~~//~~//~~//~~

The room is now filled with everyone that needs to be here and Tyler has ordered every werewolf in sight to leave the big house while we talked. He couldn't risk having someone hear our conversation when it's so important and he seemed to have more security around the area of town. He alreted the sheriff of the murders and a secret investigation will be processing.

When I went to the bathroom the first thing I see is the sunken eyes I have. I look so different, these eyes that have seen too many things already. I washed away the dirt roughly causing my wound to bleed but I didn't mind seeing the blood mixed with the water. In fact I felt hypnotised by it and Abby came in to snap me out of my thoughts.

Here we are now all of us in the room. Rob who seemed like he can't even look at me anymore, I continue to stare at the my fresh bandage around my hand.

"Kylie please just understand that what I did was to protect you." Uncle Tedd started sitting cautiously down infront of me.

Everyone else seemed to fade in the background listening intently.

"You were scared I understand that" I whispered my eyes meeting his.

I see the pure guilt washing over his face and it's clear to me he really is sorry for lying but he did it out of love. I understand perfectly because I saw the way my parents died brutally and how he promised his sister he would do everything to protect me.

"I saw how my parents died, I saw how my mom had her throat slit open by a hooded man and how they burned her body just after a few minutes she held me." My voice shook her face will forever be imprinted in my mind.

His face dropped in pain at the mention of his sister that seemed to make his face twist in both anger and sadness. I've never seen such sadness in my uncle's eyes and now I realized I've never really seen a photo of my mom before. He never have pictures around, he had to clean her out of his life in order to protect me and it must be an aweful feeling to have.

"That sad thing about all of it was the fact she never begged them to spare her, she never cried and she never screamed. It was like she knew they were coming and they were going to kill her. Do you know anything about that? Why is there a bunch of people so desperate to get rid of my parents?" I spat the questions out leaving a bitter taste in my mouth.

I can see him taking a few seconds to reply as if unsure what truth to give me. He closes his eyes briefly before meeting mine.

"With great power like your mom there will always be enemies wanting to have it. People that would do anything to hold such power like that. Surrounding yourself in a protected circle of werewolves that will put their lives at risk to save the Evanguard's you forget that there are people that can be corrupted by greed and darkness that will turn against you." He shook his head his face darkening.

"Ariel your mother figured something out very big about the deaths of the late witches in her lineage. Three of their deaths were caused and it wasn't a nautral death and we kept it a secret but some how they knew everything we knew. They were werewolves the once that betrayed us."

His words had me gasping softly sending a painful trigger right across my chest. Werewolves were made to protect us, they were suppose to be on our side and now some how they have turned into our enemies.

I haven't known werewolves for that long but I can't but feel some sort of personal betrayal already. The idea of a werewolf slashing my mom's throat with no hint of hesitation, going against his very natural to kill their leader.