Chapter 16

Tate's POV

The way she demanded answers and the powerful strength that pulled me back to her wanting to comply. The way her eyes blaze with anger running a chill down my spine no one else had me feeling. The way her hand land on my skin and it was like a tidal wave knocking me back in shock. She held a sense of power that no normal human can hold.

I told her to forget about it and commanded her to stay away from Issac but it didn't work. If she was my mate she would have to follow but the resistance and stubbornness she held told me she isn't my mate and now I am 100% sure. I can't help but feel a little disappointed, I had high hopes that she's mine but in fact I'm just as curious as she is with me. 

My heart never pounded as loud as it had when she called me Shadow. Before that anger laced her voice hinting towards me she knows who exactly I am. I was afraid, yes afraid she will reject me but the smile that lit her face had my breath knocked out of my lungs. 

She may not be one of us but she is something and she might not even know it and I'm going to find out.

No human has a powerful commanding presence about them. No human can make me feel like this, a little powerless when she speaks to me in anger.

I walk through the dark forest finding comfort in the scent and surroundings of the forest. I smiled remembering the way Kylie ran her hand over my fur, the way she looked into my eyes and grinned happily. She was never scared of wolves and it gave me pride to even know her.

The pride and awe I held for her is indescribable, I've never felt anything like this for someone before. 

Up ahead I see Kylie standing there but my smile vanished when I notice she isn't alone. Blinding rage seem to over take me and all I could focus on is the way my nails dig into my palms. I stare at Issac his familiar stupid cocky smile is on his face. 

His eyes snap towards me flashing me a knowing smirk every bone in my body shaking in anger but I held it in.

"Good evening." He greet formally. 

What I hate about him is the way he would stare at me he would tilt his chin slightly higher above mine like he is better then me.

"What the hell is he doing here?" I hissed to Kylie.

Kylie moved to block my line of vision preventing me from sending murderous glare at him. He's a wolf but something about him is off and I can't figure it out. I know all werewolves here and there is no wolf that is made from another werewolf only born into and his family are not werewolves. I did a little research on him reading about how his family is one of the first family to ever have a land here. They were well known and filthy rich until a house fire burned everything they had in 1961. The story of their family just vanished like someone covered all the information making sure nobody knows about them. 

I don't like the way he looks at Kylie and the way she leans to him and touch him. It creates a weird painful twist in my stomach and I can't bare it. 

"He was passing by and he was waiting with me until you came." Kylie spoke calmly trying to ease my anger. 

"Yeah you know how it is around in these forest Tate. Dangerous creatures lurks around you never know what danger will hit you and I don't want that to happen to Kylie." He smiled politely.  

He is so full of shit it sickens me. 

"Great." I spoke sarcastically "I'm here now you can go." I spoke rudely holding my tongue before I blast a few swear words to him. 

"Tate." She spoke disapprovingly making me more angry and upset that she likes him. 

I still remember the two of them in that party and the way he stared down at her in lust and she did the same with him. It was like she was ripped from my grasp too soon when I didn't even know what I had in the beginning and it was all coming to an end before it could even begin.