Chapter 18

"Here is our guest room." He open the creamy white door with the golden handle. 

Inside is more luxurious then I could ever imagine with a view over looking a small man made lake and the forest on display with the big glass window. The bed is bigger then mine with a high canopy and expensive silk sheets that looks too pretty to mess up. 

"Wow." I breathe "Your home is beautiful" I walk towards the window in awe. 

"My mom loves beautiful things" He mumbled sitting down on the leather white chair. "Can I ask you something?" 

I avert my eyes away from the view to him looking up at me in a serious expression. I sat down on the chair next to folding my legs feeling comfortable. 

"Sure." I shrugged. 

"Will you ever act the way you did with Shadow with me?" He asked. 

I took a while to process the question not quiet sure what to say. I wasn't expecting him to asked this to me. He stares at me, his eyes flickering to every inch of my face making me lean back on the chair to move away from his heavy gaze.

"Will you ever act the way Shadow is when you are with me Tate?" I took his question and point it back to him.  

"Hmm" He replies a small smirk flickering over his lips. "How does Shadow act the way I don't?"

I smiled remember the playfull beautiful wolf that licked my tears and tackle to the ground nuzzling his snout on me. The way he place his head on my lap whislt I ramble on about my day. I felt comfortable with Shadow like an old friend I missed. Tate is intimidating, his presence, the way he simply looks at you like he is purposely trying to make you uncomfortable.

"Shadow is playful and relaxed."

"And I'm not?" Amusement flickered over his face.

"You're kidding right?" I laughed. "You practically scare everyone at school."

"I could be playful, I could be nice if I want to." He shrugged.

"You choose not to." I state "For someone so young you sure take life too seriously"

"Let's not make this all about me now" He smirk "I asked you a question you didn't answer."

"I act the same when I'm with you" I lied not bothering to sound convincing.

He narrow his eyes at me seeing right through that pathetic lie.

"Fine tell me how differently I act?" I sighed

"You tell me things and you tell me because you want to. When I ask a question you answer me like I'm interrogating you." He chuckles.

"Is that what you want? For me to tell you things?"

"Maybe I do"

We stare at each other for awhile both of us searching for something we want to understand from each other.

"Are you excited to find your mate someday?" I asked the question that has been bugging me since I got the information.

"No I don't want a mate" He said quickly not giving it a second thought.

"But your dad said there has never been a rejection." I frown surprised by his answer.

"I know that. I know that having a mate, your soul mate changes you and they become your world. I've seen my mom and dad look at each other and be so deeply in love"

"And you don't want that?" I look at him bewildered.

"I don't want to not have a choice on someone I would want to spend my life with. I don't want some destiny to choose who I love. I don't want these uncontorlable feelings that changes my mind." He spoke almost angrily. "It's like a toxic illusion that has blocked us sometimes from seeing what our mate truly are because sometimes people don't deserve that kind of love. Sometimes people doesn't derseve to be happy"