Chapter 8 - Frustrating

Chapter 8 – Frustrating

Lissa’s POV

I always knew those guys were horrible, but actually hearing the gossip wasn’t the best experience. Especially coming from Niall, after he lied to my face saying somewhat nice things I only wanted to throw up thinking of his name.

I walked back to the dorm room, I slammed the door shut and Isabel looked up at me, a text book in her lap. “What happened?” she asked, closing the book. “Niall Fucking Horan happened.” I groaned, falling flat onto my bed. “What did he do now?”

“Said shit about me and I heard.” I felt the bed sink as she laid down next to me. “He's a fucking asshole, and you know it, don’t let it get to you.”  I was not going to cry over something so pathetic but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t hurt. To hear people you know say shit about you like its nothing at all.

"Why even bother with him, you don’t need your grades up, let him fail." I sighed, “Extra credit.” Was all I had to say, “Screw it, you are topping that class and you know it.” I sighed again, “I just want to go die.”

“No, hey, don’t worry, he seems to think you are the hottest person alive right now.”

“But he doesn’t know its me, that’s the thing.”

We laid there talking for a while and ended up in laughing fits. But our laughter was stopped by a knock on the door.

“I got it.” Isabel said, getting off the bed and answering the door. “Fuck off, nobody wants to see you.”

“I want to talk to Lissa.” He used my nickname. I repeat, he used my mother fucking nickname! “Well, she doesn’t want to talk to you, you piece of shit.”

“I won’t leave til I speak to her.” He was looking past her and at me, I was looking at him. “Please?” he asked me this time, knowing, “Like she said, fuck off.”

“I’m not leaving.”

I sighed and rolled off the bed, getting up. “Fine. 2 minutes.” I stood next to Isabel, “What do you want?”

“Privacy?” he looked at Isabel, “She's not going anywhere.” I said, waiting for him to get on with his rant. “I’m not talking til she leaves. Or we can go, your choice.”

“Its dark out, no. And you wanted to talk, I'm fine if we don’t.” I was annoyed now, it was always his way or no way. Our stubbornness clashed.

“Please, I just need to talk.”

I sighed, “Fine. But seriously if you are only going to shit on about nothing I'm walking off.”

“Okay.” He said, I stepped out, looking at Isabel, she screwed up her face and shook her head at me, it was more of a joke but I also got the underlying meaning.